This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, kids, top THIS one. :LOL:

Warnings for Oswego, New York : Weather Underground

1-3 inches PER HOUR snowfall rates are expected today.

I do not live in Oswego. I am SE at the tail end of the lake effect snow band off Lake Ontario.
Redfield NY got 2 feet yesterday. We got 6 inches overnight. :cool:

I'm not sure if I can top that but we got 13 inches tuesday night into wednesday morning. Then the wind picked up to 30mph sustained winds for several hours causing blizzard conditions and forming drifts 3 feet high.

I am quite content with no snow. Clear and cold this morning. 14F Wind is much lower. This area was really lucky with the last storm.

What about the mailman? I know that is a stupid question but I haven't (yet) lived in snow country. I'd think that the mailman could sue, if he slipped while trying to get to your mailbox on the front porch. Or maybe that is out on the street.

I know a mail carrier. They are not required to deliver if they can not reach your mailbox from their truck if they drive a truck or if there's not a clear path to your mailbox if they have a walking route.

I know a mail carrier. They are not required to deliver if they can not reach your mailbox from their truck if they drive a truck or if there's not a clear path to your mailbox if they have a walking route.

That's good. Still, I would really hate to be sued if one tried to reach my mailbox anyway, and then slipped and fell.

Frank and I are over at his house, and it has been pouring all afternoon. We have a flash flood warning, and our suburb is getting the worst of it. The streets are flooded. His back yard has become "Lake Frank", and water is probably a half foot to a foot deep on the street in front of the house but apparently it is bad or worse all over. According to the news, Christmas shoppers are stranded at the big mall about 3 blocks away because of the street flooding, and many homes are threatened.

We don't plan to go anywhere and his house will stay safe and dry. I like rain, but gee! No need for such an extreme. :LOL:

What about the mailman? I know that is a stupid question but I haven't (yet) lived in snow country. I'd think that the mailman could sue, if he slipped while trying to get to your mailbox on the front porch. Or maybe that is out on the street.

The mailman isn't obligated to deliver mail if s/he considers access to the house unsafe (snow, ice, snarling dogs, etc.)

My mailbox is out on the road. A few years ago, a snowplow smashed it to the point that it was unusable. So the mailman stopped delivering and I had to go to the PO to pick up my mail until I could replace the box in the spring.

Was this as measured by the male or female weather prognosticator? :angel:

We're still talking snow, right?
Now gentlemen, gentlemen...do you really think I'm gonna kiss and tell? :rolleyes:
Recall Mel Brooks in History of the World Part 1.

All I can say is "It's good to be Queen".

I'm not sure if I can top that but we got 13 inches tuesday night into wednesday morning. Then the wind picked up to 30mph sustained winds for several hours causing blizzard conditions and forming drifts 3 feet high.
A definite Honorary Mention.
Nah, make that a bona fide tie. :(
I really wish we had something better to compare than record snowfalls.:nonono:

We were having chilly weather for a few days but today it was 80 . It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit with that kind of temperature .

Warm today (55F). Tomorrow's high to be in the 30s.

Where's Noah's Ark? We had almost 8" of rain last Saturday, causing some flooding. That was shortly after the ground became saturated with around 4" earlier in the week. And now, it is raining again and up to 6" is predicted.

Glub, glub, glub! :LOL:

It's not flooding my house, and even if it did I need new carpets anyway so don't worry about me - - I just hope that the other residents and businesses here don't experience any more flooding! And, poor Frank has to drive to his home from work in all of this in a couple of hours. Hope he can do that without driving into deep water.

At least our temperatures are in the mid 60's F, even this late at night. Up in the 70's F during the daytime.

Last edited:
Edmonton, Alberta, last night:

At -46.1 C, coldest city on the continent beats previous benchmark low by 10 degrees
It is always colder at the airports. It was -31 C at the airport when I got up this AM here in Calgary, but it was only -27 C in the back yard. Last year (the radio said), December was all below -30 C. I remember it was cold. (I got to park in a heated underground carpark today! :dance: )

(Say, where is that You-tube of snow in July (?) in Calgary? I have to send that to my Danish friends.)

Edmonton, Alberta, last night:

At -46.1 C, coldest city on the continent beats previous benchmark low by 10 degrees

Edmonton shatters cold record

I feel like a voyeur reading this thread!

Today's low and high here in CA were 45F and 58F, respectively.

My big weather complaint was that the rain caused me to miss my usual weekend bike ride :(

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Actually, I think that it has finally stopped. We probably have 8 inches.

We now have a good two feet of snow, and according to the Hagerstown Almanac I might as well move the motorcycle to the shed and leave it there until at least April. Rats.

Gorgeous weather out there, in the 70's and just lovely. Just got back from running errands and grocery shopping.

Tomorrow morning, strong damaging winds and isolated tornados are predicted as a strong cold front barrels through. Then torrential rains causing local flooding throughout the region (and after last week, that is getting old! :LOL:).

Christmas is predicted to be nice. I am glad we are not traveling, though!

Hey, we just got in from shoveling ice that packed down on
about 3 inches of new fallen snow to go with the 12 inches
we already have on the ground here in Wisconsin...going to
go down to the bar and have a few cold ones and then again look for anything sharp or the bullets to the gun my wife hides on me.....it really sucks here...you guys got it good....out

We just unexpectedly had a few flurries blow through here (and I do mean "blow" through as we are having 20-30 MPH winds with gusts up to 50). My wife was out getting our lunch when it happened and I had to confirm what I saw with her: "Was it my imagination or was it just snowing?" If it was my imagination, it was hers, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom