This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather Channel reports 24 hour snowfall amounts of 14" in Syracuse, 16" in Binghamton, 19" in the Poconos in PA. A nearby town about 5 miles NW from us reported in with 11".
No power outtages locally.
More is forecast today and tomorrow...are we having fun yet? :rolleyes:
In all seriousness, I consider myself lucky compared to points south and southeast and neighboring NE states.

I am really lucky this time. Storm snow amounted to about four inches and the wind was right so lake effect missed me so far. The worst I have is a two foot snowbank in front of the barn. A chicken just put it's head out of the coop entrance looked around, shook itself and retreated. Birds are not hanging around the feeders. Too windy. St Bernard wants out, Stupid Dog. Spring is around the corner

We are lucky here today in the Pittsburgh area, too. Maybe a couple of inches of snow but a high wind is reported. I am just going to my office around 2 miles away and my car is in the garage here at home, but when I walk up the hill from my parking spot, I will see what it is all about in regards to the wind. I used to live in NYC and on Long Island so I am feeling their pain this morning.

Lots of swirling snow flakes. About 4" so far. Worthwhile to get the blower out and clear the driveway.

Snow Chicken and snow dog after I finished moving snow. Then it started to snow again.

Attachments

• 26-02-10_1238.jpg
    26-02-10_1238.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 0
  • 26-02-10_1235.jpg
    26-02-10_1235.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 26-02-10_1239.jpg
    26-02-10_1239.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 0
I love those pics Bruce! ...a snow chicken...:ROFLMAO:

My area will get no more snow until December of this year.

So sayeth bbbamI. :angel:

I love those pics Bruce! ...a snow chicken...:ROFLMAO:

My area will get no more snow until December of this year.

So sayeth bbbamI. :angel:
Nothing that a retired engineer from a certain northern latitude can't solve.
The list...a good snow supply, a freezer, a small styrofoam container and a little dry ice.
All I need is the snail mail address. :greetings10:

PS Loved the chicken pic also. What did the chicken think of the snow?

Puppy had chased the chicken out of the barn wanting to play. Chicken of course wound up in snow deeper than its legs were long and since the chicken is too fat to fly it floundered. I carried it back to the barn after I took pictures with my cell.

Not awful today, but beautiful conditions for mowing the back forty for the first time this season -- 55F and clear, with a gentle breeze. In other words, perfect lawn mowing weather and not time to pay someone to do it for me yet -- once it hits 80, that'll be it until October or so, and the splurge will be well worth it... :)

Officially at Dayton OH Airport: Second snowiest Feb since records kept

We had at least 6 inches of snow yesterday and last night. I only shoveled 1 driveway this morning. DH shoved his and the neighbors and sidewalks. I told him that I wanted to shovel mine so I could have the exercise. Went for a walk afterwards, since everything looked so pretty and white and it was above freezing. I don't know what has gotten into me, since I don't normally like cold weather.

It's been chilly in Florida but it is finally warming up . It's kind of strange to see the snowbirds walking around in bathing suits while the permanent residents are wearing jeans and sweaters .

The first night I was in Miami, before my cruise, I ate outside at the hotel restaurant so that I could enjoy the view of South Beach. It was in the upper 60s and the waiter wanted to make sure I was warm enough. I told him, yep, I'm from Nebraska and this is NICE warm weather for me.:D

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for this breaking report...
The sky is blue.

It has been all shades of grey for so long, I forgot what a clear blue sky looked like. Can you tell the sun is shining brilliantly and this makes me :D ?
Maybe I'll go get a headstart on my summer tan.

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for this breaking report...
The sky is blue.

It has been all shades of grey for so long, I forgot what a clear blue sky looked like. Can you tell the sun is shining brilliantly and this makes me :D ?
Maybe I'll go get a headstart on my summer tan.

Really missing blue sky.

I just listened to the broadcast of the NWS forecast on my mini weather radio unit.
Not ONCE was the dreaded "S" word mentioned. Rain and temps in the mid to upper 40s is music to my ears. :whistle: The more rain we get, the sooner the salt gets washed off the roads and I can bring my convertible out of winter hibernation.
A littly ditty about April showers bringing May :flowers: popped into my head.
There is hope...:D

:-[ Meanie!

That's OK, though, because...
1. the sun is shining here, and
2. the snow has melted enough to expose BARE GROUND in my backyard and
3. YOU have to start shaving your legs before I do. Nyah nyah na na naa :greetings10:

It's all over now...with rain coming, I'll be seeing more of that ground in just a few days.

Attachments

• March09GroundBreak0.jpg
    March09GroundBreak0.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1
Spring is here today. Just snowbanks left and it is 12C (54f) the chickens are wandering looking for green stuff and bugs. Good luck on the green stuff. Nice to be outside with no coat. I cleaned the back of the barn this morning and am going to set 40 eggs in the incubator next Monday.

Most of the snow has melted here, but now it's grey skies and RAIN. Very soggy grass matted down by the heavy snow. I really need to go out and pick up what my dog has deposited in the last couple of weeks but...it's kinda soggy.:mad: That's one thing about cold weather, it's much easier to pick it up when it's frozen solid.:D

A warm 56 F day, went into town, got a cup coffee, ambled over to the town park, sat on the park bench in shirtsleeve, watched the world go by for about 2 hours. I think I got in a nap as well.;)

The snow is melting at a good clip, rain in the forecast for the next three to four days, folks in the low areas getting ready to be flooded. The ones that are not will be in for some interesting times.

54 degrees in northern Illinois - went from freezing to fifty in 4 days. The snow has almost all melted and the ice on our lake has retreated about 3' from shore. Time to get the boat out.

We've gotten above freezing for about 6 days now. Everything is still covered with snow but it has started to go down. It's been very foggy for almost the entire 6 days. Next we worry about flooding on the Red River of the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom