This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I spent 1 1/2 hours chisling Ice dams out of the gutters..fun
This morning -4 at 5 AM -9 at 7 AM
up to 19...get the clubs!!!

Well it was a bone chilling 80 here yesterday in Socal. We are having some unseasonally warm weather.

laxdt_phototour26.jpg

Hmmm - it was rainy/foggy when I left San Diego last saturday and I was rained on gassing in up in Needles, CA.

I was wondering whether I should warn people ahead when I go to visit?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

heh heh heh - I do have a mild sunburn from days previous - Hoover Dam, Vegas and San Diego. ;)

Yesterday I spent 1 1/2 hours chisling Ice dams out of the gutters..fun

Ditto. All gutters/downspouts are now free flowing.

Today's rain will wash some snow away. The town fathers are fretting over some guaranteed flooding. They have only known about the problem and the fix for 40 some years. :whistle:

We are about 200' above the area prone to flooding. That is no accident. Had reviewed the 100 and 500 year flood area prior to making offer on the house. No worries.
coolsmiley.gif

Nothing from Ziggy or REWahoo, so I guess its up to me to report that it is 34 degrees and snowing in Austin. Great big, wet, sloppy flakes.

snow.jpg

It has been a long time since I last posted. Ugly health problems knocked me flat and I am just now beginning to take an interest in the world again. Glad to see the forum is perking along as always.

It has been a long time since I last posted. Ugly health problems knocked me flat and I am just now beginning to take an interest in the world again. Glad to see the forum is perking along as always.
Welcome back. The world needs more interested (and interesting) folks!

We have melting sleet at the moment.

Who needs the Weather Channel when you have us!

Forty-five F at the moment and it looks like there may be hope of extracting my motorcycle from the shed before May. And I'm looking at some of Gerbing's heated motorcycle gear to extend the riding season.

However, some killjoy at work said the Hagerstown Almanac (which accurately predicted this year's snowfall) also predicts a three-foot snowfall in March. She could have gone all day without telling me that.

Some deer in the back yard this morning:

Attachments

• deer 2010-02-23 006.jpg
    deer 2010-02-23 006.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 1
Nothing from Ziggy or REWahoo, so I guess its up to me to report that it is 34 degrees and snowing in Austin. Great big, wet, sloppy flakes.

View attachment 8333

Missed you. Hope you are doing ok.

IndependentlyPoor, it is great to see you and I am glad that you are feeling well enough to post now and then. (Taking care of your health is, of course, the top priority.) Welcome back! And snow in Austin? As a former College Station resident, all I can say is BRRRR!!! :)

Walt, it is also 45 at the moment in New Orleans! Brrr.

And yesterday, our high was 73 -- the only day in the entire month of February to get above 70. At least our extremes are not as bad as Texas is experiencing this week.

Great to see you back :greetings10: and more perky. Weather is foggy this morning near your old stomping grounds. Looks like the sun may come out yet today.

View attachment 8333

41 in Dallas...it's supposed to get sloppy here this afternoon.

Welcome back IP, I missed you. Here's a flower...I hope you're not allergic.....:flowers:

...It has been a long time since I last posted. Ugly health problems knocked me flat and I am just now beginning to take an interest in the world again. Glad to see the forum is perking along as always.
Welcome back :flowers:
It snowed today here at 42N latitude also if that is any sort of consolation. ;)

Well, here in North Dakota it is a brisk 12 below zero this morning and the high today is supposed to be a +3.

Moved about six inches of of wet snow yesterday. Blew a hydraulic line on the blade so had to fix that. Foggy this morning. Snow predicted for the next three days. Storm is predicted to be much worse to my east (sorry Freebird) so maybe my luck is still holding after all but my days of no snow seem to be over.

Moved about six inches of of wet snow yesterday. Blew a hydraulic line on the blade so had to fix that. Foggy this morning. Snow predicted for the next three days. Storm is predicted to be much worse to my east (sorry Freebird) so maybe my luck is still holding after all but my days of no snow seem to be over.
That's OK...we are due for a huge snow dump.
We have the snow moving technology at the ready...
Ariens 1024 PRO Snowblower with Heated Hand Grips, Locking Differential, Halogen Headlight, Heavy Duty Skid Shoes, 10 Horsepower, Tecumseh Over Head Valve, Snow King Engine. 24" Intake. 5 speeds forward and 2 speeds in reverse.

[dub in Tim Allen "Tooltime" grunts] :cool:

!Bl3NrlQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKj4EtyindjNDBLdZ!StHG!~~_35.JPG

Ariens 1024 PRO Snowblower with Heated Hand Grips, Locking Differential, Halogen Headlight, Heavy Duty Skid Shoes, 10 Horsepower, Tecumseh Over Head Valve, Snow King Engine. 24" Intake. 5 speeds forward and 2 speeds in reverse.

%21Bl3NrlQ%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqIOKj4EtyindjNDBLdZ%21StHG%21%7E%7E_35.JPG

It looks new in the picture. If so, and if the forecast for NY is accurate, you are gonna be SO GLAD you spent the money on that thing!

I have the 824 (8 hp, no heated grips) and ran that puppy half to death last week. It's one of those purchases I had to think long and hard about but after the first heavy snowfall there were no regrets at all.

That would look really cool with a chrome down pipe and cast aluminum wheels. :LOL:

That would look really cool with a chrome down pipe and cast aluminum wheels. :LOL:

It looks new in the picture. If so, and if the forecast for NY is accurate, you are gonna be SO GLAD you spent the money on that thing!

I have the 824 (8 hp, no heated grips) and ran that puppy half to death last week. It's one of those purchases I had to think long and hard about but after the first heavy snowfall there were no regrets at all.
That was a picture I downloaded from the web. But mine is still in very good shape. I know it is at least 10 years old, could even be as much as 15 years old. :confused: Worth every penny. :D
I keep it very clean and spray lube all the metal surfaces, out of season. It is well maintained by the resident former small engine mechanic (me):cool:
It gets a fresh spark plug and oil change every season. I wish it had an electric start :(, but it has an easy pull starter and turns right over. :flowers:

!Bl3NrlQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKj4EtyindjNDBLdZ!StHG!~~_35.JPG

There are times when I wish my driveway was short enough for one of these, but at 500 feet I will stick with the tractor.

There are times when I wish my driveway was short enough for one of these, but at 500 feet I will stick with the tractor.
At 90 feet of double width driveway, I'll stick with dh2b operating the Ariens. :LOL:
I do know how to use it, but I have damaged hands from carpal tunnel, tendinitis, yadda yadda. I usually run the manual snow shovel on the front and back steps and clear off the cars.
Well, I am all ready to hunker down for tomorrow's white onslaught. NWS predicts snowfall rates may approach 1 " per hour in my area, heavy wet snow, with winds of up to 30-35 mph in gusts. I'm prepared to start up the generator if we lose power.
dh2b will be at w*rk, so it's just us girls home all day - me and Mother Nature.
Bring it on, Lady. :flowers:
Piece of cake for this winter seasoned upstate Noo Yawker. :cool:

Attachments

• BEFORE1118AM.jpg
    BEFORE1118AM.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3
Well, well...the worst of the storm stayed east of us. We got maybe 4 inches of snow, packing down as it fell. But the night is young! :cool:
Metropolitan NY and Long Island, CT, RI, ME, VT, ME and NH are getting clobbered as I type this. All NE airports are on delay or closed status last time I checked. :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom