This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a great summer and a pretty good fall weatherwise. I endured none of the hardships of Texas and other places.
All of that is about to end. While you enjoy better weather, I am looking at white rain falling. First of the year in this part of PA.

Sounds like snowblower weather up there, already! Amazing. Hope the snow isn't too heavy.

We had a lovely day in the mid 80's, sunny and nice. Tonight we will have a cold front and the highs tomorrow will be in the 70's.

It has been nice.

Sounds like snowblower weather up there, already! Amazing. Hope the snow isn't too heavy.

We had a lovely day in the mid 80's, sunny and nice. Tonight we will have a cold front and the highs tomorrow will be in the 70's.

It has been nice.

I understand it's forecast to be brutal, cold and snow-wise, this year up where I am. Thank heavens that this year for the first time, if I choose not to participate in the battle with the weather one snowy/icy morning, I no longer have to! :D

I understand it's forecast to be brutal, cold and snow-wise, this year up where I am. Thank heavens that this year for the first time, if I choose not to participate in the battle with the weather one snowy/icy morning, I no longer have to! :D

That is great! Earlier we had thick early morning fog around 6-7 AM, when everyone is driving to w*rk. I admit that I did enjoy not having to drive in it, like I would have had to do before ER. Also I listened to the traffic report and there were several accidents slowing traffic to a halt. By the time I was ready to go out, the fog was gone and it was all blue skies and sunshine. :dance:

It has been a great summer and a pretty good fall weatherwise. I endured none of the hardships of Texas and other places.
All of that is about to end. While you enjoy better weather, I am looking at white rain falling. First of the year in this part of PA.

We had just a smidge of snow mixed with rain yesterday in upstate NY. It didn't last long or stick. There was skim ice in my dogs' water dish this AM. Brrrrrr :(

You might want to hit the store early today to stock up on milk, eggs, bread and beer. :D

Early Season Snowstorm Targets Northeast - weather.com=

Noooo! This is too soon!

Forecast is one to three inches of snow tonight/tomorrow. Yuk.

Ditto for SW PA.

I guess this is nature's way of hinting to put away my kayak. BoooHisss. OTOH more time for skating, yippeee. There is a saving grace.

Edit add @ 1830 Hrs :

Given the latest:

A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening
to 8 PM EDT Saturday.

* Hazard type... heavy wet snow.

* Accumulations... 5 to 9 inches of snow, with locally higher
amounts across the highest ridges.

Dug out the snow blower, and checking it out this eve.

Last edited:
Ditto for SW PA.

I guess this is nature's way of hinting to put away my kayak. BoooHisss. OTOH more time for skating, yippeee. There is a saving grace.

Edit add @ 1830 Hrs :

Given the latest:

A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening
to 8 PM EDT Saturday.

* Hazard type... heavy wet snow.

* Accumulations... 5 to 9 inches of snow, with locally higher
amounts across the highest ridges.

Dug out the snow blower, and checking it out this eve.

Thanks for the warnings. The weather persons say that up here to the north we are going to dodge the wet snow bullit. We will see. I will hunker down but I am not going to change the oil in the snow blower yet.

Doesn't all of the nice weather stay north of I-80. Or is it the other way around?

Never heard that phrase, white rain, so I Googled it. I mean, I figured it probably meant snow, but with weird yankee weather who knows, plus I don't even know how to spell things like ice-cicles much less have any actual experience with such things.

Anyway - Googled it and all I can say is you probably don't want to use that phrase ever again. It wasn't pretty.

Freakishly cold here in Baghdad on the Bayou. Strange to go outside and not hear all the A/C units droning constantly. Should be back closer to normal at about 80 by mid-week. It's below 60 and we are wearing sweaters. If it gets any colder we will break out the ski gear and pray we don't end up like the Terra-Nova expedition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Nova_Expedition

It is 29F -2C in S Ontario and I put on a sweater over my T shirt for my walk. Need coat for more sedentary outdoor activities.

Well me lucked out, the dire forecast 9" heavy snow did not happen. Will get maybe an inch if that.

Surely the mayhem was averted by digging out and prepping my snowblower.

It's started. I really didn't want to see this stuff.

Attachments

• Nooooo_10 29_6032.jpg
    Nooooo_10 29_6032.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 3
Oh my, that's beautiful, Walt!

From a distance, that is.... :D

We had another cold front, so temperatures have gone down from the mid 80's to the 50's-60's. It is 54 out there right now, at 10:30 AM. These cooler temperatures feel great after a long, hot summer.

It is 29F -2C in S Ontario and I put on a sweater over my T shirt for my walk. Need coat for more sedentary outdoor activities.

Good man, that used to me too having grown up in the northeast, but having lived in North Texas for the last 19 years, I think my blood thinned out and the cold gets to me.

Never heard that phrase, white rain, so I Googled it. I mean, I figured it probably meant snow, but with weird yankee weather who knows, plus I don't even know how to spell things like ice-cicles much less have any actual experience with such things.

Anyway - Googled it and all I can say is you probably don't want to use that phrase ever again. It wasn't pretty.

It was a descriptive term for what I was seeing falling outside my window. Thanks for the heads up.

No snow on the ground here.

In my area, summer = high humidity, mold, mildew, more bugs, higher electric rates for AC, dehumidifiers, refrigeration, and more laundry. Winter = heartier meals, more use of the oven, an excuse to use the wood stove & featherbeds, less tourists (congestion), and a hunting season where game does not spoil in the field due to high temps .

-2 Centigrade (28 F) overnight, cloudy this morning. Got the parka out. Mid morning, the sun came out and it turned into a beautiful day, peak temp 7 C (45F). Fall foliage was golden down the valley, where I did a little post harvest wine tasting with friends. Currently -4 C (25), clear.

The southern Okanagan valley around Oliver almost feels like India: Dhaliwal Orchards, Zia Farms, Chandra Family Estate Winery, the Hindu and Sikh temples......and a pumpkin-coloured turban on a motorbiking grandfather! Namaste to you too, eh?

Last edited:
When I left work last night there was frost on the seat of my motorcycle. This is not a good trend.

Nighttime temps are going down to just freezing, and car windows are covered with light frost in the AMs. No scraping required, just letting it melt naturally.
Daytime temps are ranging between 40F and 60F, with some bright sunshine lately instead of the rainy/cloudy gloom of previous weeks.
Typical late fall weather for East Nowhere NY. :D

A little bit of rain last night here but now it's sunny with scattered clouds at the dog park . Reminds me why I'll be staying in so. Cal for the immediate future

mh said:
a little bit of rain last night here but now it's sunny with scattered clouds at the dog park . Reminds me why i'll be staying in so. Cal for the immediate future

image-2209015652.png

A beautiful day here, 9 degrees C (48.2 F), sunny and quite windy. Very pleasant walk along the lakeshore. It's quite amazing to see how rapidly the sun goes through its arc. Sunset happens early when there's a mountain in the way!

Beautiful sunny day...temps in the 70's. :) Would have worn my shorts, but the glare from my white legs would have been blinding. :p

Winter has been amazing here; no snow and several days this week with temps in the 50s. Normally now 15 to 20 below would be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom