This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like we're on a slow road to hell. There was some good rain the other day in the Metroplex, but my town got zilch. This is getting really old, including the electric bills.:(

Absolutely unreal what you Texans are experiencing this summer. I keep hoping for rain and cooler temperatures for you.

Today the temperature was 92 or so here in New Orleans, but we checked that from several sources because we just couldn't believe it - - it felt like 82. Guess the humidity must have been down. Very pleasant, at any rate.

Winter thermostat: 60F during the day, 50F at night.

Yow! At those temps we'd have to be hospitalized for hypothermia.

Winter thermostat: 78-79 daytime, 75 at night. And we're both in long sleeves/sweatshirts.

But in the summer we keep it 79-80.

Yow! At those temps we'd have to be hospitalized for hypothermia.

Winter thermostat: 78-79 daytime, 75 at night. And we're both in long sleeves/sweatshirts. QUOTE]

In WVA :cool:? Sounds more like AZ. Our kids live there and when they come back East in the Winter they pile 4 blankets on at night. In Summer they complain if we have the A/C at 75 - it's too cold for them.

Last edited:
Rain, rain, go away
Head on down to Texas way

This really is getting old.

Attachments

• weather2.jpg
    weather2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 4
As if the Texas drought wasn't bad enough, I just saw on the news that there's an awful chemical fire in Waxahachie, TX, near Dallas, pouring huge clouds of black smoke in the air. :( I hope they will be able to put it out. At least the weather is not as hot there any more.

Weather in New Orleans is outstanding - - - 73F right now at noon, bright and sunny. October is our best month of the year. Hurricane season officially lasts until November 30th, but local TV meteorologists are hinting strongly that for us, it is over now. :)

Last edited:
About the Waxahachie chemical plant fire - I don't know if it made it to national news, but the Ennis FD Quint had just arrived on-scene and was setting up when a flaming liquid tidal wave maybe 3-4 inches deep rolled out of the open bay doors of the building, down the slope of the concrete and quickly engulfed the truck. The two firefighters got down and out just in time.

Glad everyone was OK. But the cost of a Quint equipped to today's NFPA standards is pushing $1 million dollars, and about a 6 month lead time from order to delivery. The city of Ennis FD lost its most important piece of equipment today on a mutual aid call.

I didn't hear about that at all, Telly! Thank goodness the firefighters survived. That's an expensive piece of equipment.

Any of my fellow Texans get any rain today? Its cloudy and humid and looks like rain in D/FW area, but I suppose most of it will be to the west of the metroplex where it is needed the most, wahoo!

Any of my fellow Texans get any rain today? Its cloudy and humid and looks like rain in D/FW area, but I suppose most of it will be to the west of the metroplex where it is needed the most, wahoo!

Add 30 mph winds and yea we had that yesterday. Today woke up to 36 degrees, now sunny and 74. That was some cols front, a neighbor and organic tomato grower was at 27 this morning, and yes he is in mourning.

3 miles from New Mexico, 30 miles from Old Mexico.

Out here, not until overnight, into early this morning.

But once we got it? Here in my town we received over 5" of rain in about an 8-hour period. To put that in perspective, we received about 3/4 as much rain in eight hours as we had in the entire year.

Sunday is our "watering day" under current restrictions. I think I can pass on that one today.

Out here, not until overnight, into early this morning.

But once we got it? Here in my town we received over 5" of rain in about an 8-hour period. To put that in perspective, we received about 3/4 as much rain in eight hours as we had in the entire year.

Sunday is our "watering day" under current restrictions. I think I can pass on that one today.

At last! It has been a long, dry, hot summer out there in Texas.

I live just north of Dallas and we had only an inch of rain over night. I am not complaining, that's more than we have seen in months.

Slightly above 3 inches here so far, and it's still raining a little...

Hopefully it will begin to reverse what you see in these two photos of a lake three miles down the road from us:

Boat docks are seen on [the] Lake in a Friday morning Oct. 7, 2011 aerial photo as they float 44 feet below the normal pool elevation of the lake. The Texas Water Development Board reported on its website Friday that [the] Lake was 27.6 percent full. At this elevation the lake's surface area is only 35 percent of its surface area at normal pool.

Attachments

• Lake 2.jpg
    Lake 2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Lake 1.jpg
    Lake 1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Not sure how much we got last night, but for some reason, hearing the rain on the roof and the cooler temps had me sleeping in this morning to 9:00 AM, something I almost never do. Hope more is on the way, its about time:dance:

We've had close to 8'' of rain and winds gusting to 45 mph, over the last 36 hrs or so. Working off or rain deficit I guess. Surf is wild. Saw some tourists taking their kid to the beach for a little boogie board action...They obviously weren't staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

I've been watching the radar and it looks like the storm is now in Angelina (Marty -getting rain?) and Nacogdoches County. Just keep on coming northeast!

Snow Saturday in Cheyenne on I-80 coming back from West Coast. 45mph mandatory speed across Wyoming sucks when one is trying to get on home.

:D

heh heh heh - Sunday is nice and sunny here in tropical Kansas City. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:.

Its been beautiful here in Chicago every day the last week. Mid 70's to low 80's during the day and 50-60 at night. Its forecast to stay that way until the middle of the week when some rain is moving in. I've been getting a lot of bicycling and lawn work in.

I crowed about this to my daughters on the east coast (who are growing gills and fungus from all the rain). They pointed out that the long range forecast is for a horrible winter here in Chicago. 2X the normal snow and cold.

Didn't bother me non. The nice thing about being FIRED is when the weather is good, I can go out and play. When its bad, clearing the driveway can be a nice slow, all day project. Or, maybe the next day's. Or, maybe I'll just leave town for a while.

Lorne

56 degrees and windy here today, pretty amazing for us. Almost 20 degrees below normal. I'm already ready for Spring.;)

The promised cold front finally came through. Last night at midnight I went out to my patio barefoot and in shorts and tshirt, and was actually chilly for the first time since last spring! At last, summer is over. :dance:

At 4 PM it is 62. This cool, clear, sunny weather is wonderful. I swear I am the only person alive who loves New Orleans' weather, but I do.

Last edited:
Typical fall weather for East Nowhere...rain showers and/or heavy clouds every day and temps in the mid 50s.
I've noticed a lot of different types of mushrooms popping up in the yard in open (not shaded) spots. I don't know which are safe and which are toxic, so I just enjoy the colors and shapes. Then I run them over with the lawnmower. :LOL:

SW PA 47F. Nice fall day, with plenty of gusty wind. Fallen leaves are traveling in droves.

It has been a great summer and a pretty good fall weatherwise. I endured none of the hardships of Texas and other places.
All of that is about to end. While you enjoy better weather, I am looking at white rain falling. First of the year in this part of PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom