Toyota Prius vs. Honda Civic Coupe

On our local NPR station - the railroads are adverting about how efficient they are - can pull a ton of cargo 400 miles on a gallon...those rails must be real slick

the railroads are adverting about how efficient they are - can pull a ton of cargo 400 miles on a gallon

The fuel ships and locomotives burn is some nasty stuff. Ever see the black cloud coming out the smokestack? - sort of like burning tires.......

The fuel ships and locomotives burn is some nasty stuff. Ever see the black cloud coming out the smokestack? - sort of like burning tires.......

I worked on a barge on the Mississippi River for a summer. I burned my clothes after the job was over, and they burned warm and toasty.........I guess the diesel soot overran the flame retardant coating.........:D

Sure, Company used to work for ran steamships - burned No. 6 fuel oil (residual- left over after refining gasoline, etc)..gradually dropped steam - replaced with diesel. Think EPA is proposing new standards this year that will greatly reduce emissions for locomotives. Ocean Shipping also being pressured to reduce use in port - retrofitting for electric power while in LA Harbor for example.

DW got the Civic coupe last fall after we crunched the numbers - the hybrid just didn't make the economic argument.

The civic's a great car - she's getting around 34mpg, & could do better if she would only heed my driving technique advice (won't happen ;)).

Same here! :rolleyes::D

Back
Top Bottom