Trophy Spouse, Companion, or Live Alone

I've never been married so have not been a widow although my boyfriend died in 2008 after a seven year relationship. But I would want an arrangement like W2R has with her significant other - stay single and each lives alone but next door to each other or close by. That is as long as he does not monitor my every move.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2R
Can't help but think about this, because my DW is 13 years older than me. When I get to 60 yrs, she'll be 73 yrs. So she tells me I shouldn't marry but just get a young girlfriend.

Cyber, she may be telling you that when she is 95 pushing you around in a wheel chair, lol... Never count them darn women out from keeping on keeping on. My grandpas died at 64 and 69 and my grandmas died at 87 and 95.

I've never been married so have not been a widow although my boyfriend died in 2008 after a seven year relationship. But I would want an arrangement like W2R has with her significant other - stay single and each lives alone but next door to each other or close by. That is as long as he does not monitor my every move.

+1

W2R's unofficial sig line: "I want a man in my life but not in my house."

I'd say trophy girlfriend for at least a little while. Is that really so wrong!? Plus, if I died first I'd have no objection to my wife having a tennis pro for a while. Good for her!

This is reality for me. I lost my husband to acute myeloid leukemia last November. We knew it was coming- he'd been diagnosed with a precursor disease (polycythemia) 10 years earlier.

Life is good. I know that sounds weird. I loved my husband and we had a wonderful marriage but when you lose a wonderful husband you're forced to make a different life for yourself. I have DS and DDIL and the BEAUTIFUL granddaughters 3 hours away. I have a supportive church community, many outside activities, a house th DH and I chose together that I still love, and money is not a concern.

I'm VERY unlikely to marry again. Too many financial and legal complications, especially if he can't fund his own long-term care. Can't imagine cohabitating right now. It would take a heck of a man to make me want to give up my independence. Trophy husband? Ha. My first marriage was to a man with exquisite tastes but not enough money to buy everything he wanted. Not doing that again. It would threaten my own financial security.

So, I'm choosing "companion" but I'm going to be very picky. I want someone who's smart, trustworthy, financially solvent, sane, funny, and still interested in a healthy sexual relationship- all of which describes me, too. I'm "only" 64 and not ready for celibacy. I can dream, can't I?

Nothing "weird" about that, and not dreaming either.

Am finding this phase both freeing and perplexing - many choices, but so different than prior experience it can be unsettling.

One of my biggest realizations was that what was desirable when I was younger is not as important now. Nice to have different criteria for the next life partner, having achieved much of what I set out to.

Now I'm primarily interested in enjoying time together. Have learned to stay away from unimportant things things that end up setting off the other person.

A53 - hold out for what you want. Those situations are out there, but not common. Being willing to seek them is the first milestone, and expect a lot of sorting after that first step - when you're ready.

I can rule out any "trophy" I would not be interested or attracted to a man who is looking for a meal-ticket. :nonono: I don't see myself remarrying, but considerations for a friend would include kindness, fidelity, intelligence, a sense of humor/ fun and yes fiscal responsibility.

I'm 3 hours away from the legal and clean cathouses of Nevada.

I'd rather be married. I enjoy being married. I miss being married.

Do trophy husbands do dishes? Fix stuff? If so, count me in.

I love our living situation, too. Our houses are next door to each other, but the driveways are on the far sides of our houses. So, I do not really see or know when he comes or goes, and vice versa. Plus, neither of us wants to smother the other. No monitoring either way although we do see each other every afternoon as part of our routine, and at other times half the time too.

And like REWahoo says, I love having a man in my life, but not in my house. It is great to have my own house just the way I want it. Our situation works out nicely for us.

Last edited:
Maybe this option, and a 4-legged dog, might be the best combination of all.

The unusual story of "Fanny", a sex doll which has become the top-selling superstar of the "Kontakthof" brothel in the Austrian capital of Vienna, became worldwide news in July with newspapers all over the world telling the tale of how she got more customers than the prostitutes.

Now Austrian media are reporting that a growing number of other brothels are making the switch to include sex dolls.
Sex robot prostitute BETTER than humans sparks brothel doll purchases | Daily Star

I vote for the kitten option. Much easier to train up a cat than a husband. Husbands will jump on the countertop, no matter how often you spray them with water.

The importance of good maintenance

My husband calls me his trophy wife - even though it's a first marriage for both of us. He is 9+ years older than me, though.

I don't mind the nickname.

+1

I went for the trophy wife the first time around. 37 years later she's still in mint condition.

It's a little scary to think about who'd want me around. :nonono:

I think I'd find a 90 year old dowager and be HER trophy.

On second thought, maybe not.

My wife comes from a long line of women who have outlived their husbands by DECADES...so I don't think I'm going to have to deal with this issue.

A53 - hold out for what you want. Those situations are out there, but not common. Being willing to seek them is the first milestone, and expect a lot of sorting after that first step - when you're ready.

Thanks for the encouragement- not looking forward to the "sorting out" part. OurTime sends me daily e-mails with potential matches. Some are a hoot because they're so far off the mark. Others almost look possible except that (a) I need to find out if they're telling the truth and (b) there's plenty that doesn't show in an OurTime profile that could be a deal-breaker. Still haven't gone for the paid membership yet, which would allow me to make contact. But, as you said... when I'm ready. I met my late husband in a Bible study so someone good could cross my path in the course of daily life, too.

I'll bet there are some funny stories in there :LOL:

T OurTime sends me daily e-mails with potential matches. Some are a hoot because they're so far off the mark. .

6qxfr7.jpg

5y55cp.jpg

My beauty queen

Back
Top Bottom