Tuesday Helpful Hints

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Brown sugar is regular sugar with molasses. Instead of buying and storing the more expensive brown sugar, just add 2 Tbs of molasses to a cup of regular sugar. Or if you have a recipe that calls for brown sugar, just use the appropriate amount of regular sugar and molasses.

When putting spread (i.e. butter or margarine-type stuff) and jam on toast, put the jam first. This way, the spread doesn't melt, and has better "mouth-feel."

Tie your hair back before working with duct tape.

Roll up your sleeves before pulling the giblets out of the turkey.

When reheating a hard boiled egg in the microwave. Make sure you don't heat it too long. :whistle:

If you love fresh-baked cookies but don't want the temptation of an entire batch at once, scoop the dough out with a scoop just like you were going to bake them, but freeze them on the cookie sheet instead. When they're frozen solid, transfer them to a ziploc bag.

When you're ready for a couple of fresh-baked cookies, just bake a couple at a time in your toaster oven. They can go right from the freezer to the oven, just add a minute or two to the cooking time.

Tired of the roll of aluminum foil or plastic wrap popping out (and entertaining the cat) when you attempt to tear off a length? Take a look at the two ends of the box and you should find small tabs you press to hold the roll in place.

Tired of the roll of aluminum foil or plastic wrap popping out (and entertaining the cat) when you attempt to tear off a length? Take a look at the two ends of the box and you should find small tabs you press to hold the roll in place.
Are these "helpful hints", or "lessons learned"?

I read that Al lives in an alternate dimension. Thats the rumor anyway.

Just because somebody in Florida has on there turn signal do not expect them to turn . It might have been on since Indiana .

Bondo is easier to work with than wood filler. Takes paint just fine, too, so is great for nicks and dings in painted trim.

Just an caveat on this one. I suspect it's fine for minor and indoor wood filling, but we had a carpenter that used it on outdoor work and it peeled paint and fell apart. Multiple times. Finally had to have the work redone completely by somebody else.

If you are bored and feel like you need to get up and DO SOMETHING, take at least 5 minutes to talk yourself out of it.
Then do it later. Maybe. If the sun is shining. :cool: Or perhaps if it's Wednesday. ;)

1. If you're choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.
2. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold the vegetables while you chop.
3. Avoid arguments with the females about lifting the toilet seat - use the sink.
4. For high blood pressure sufferers ~ simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure on your veins. Remember to use a timer.
5. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you'll be afraid to cough.
7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
8. Remember - everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
9. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

From Fully Sick: Amazingly Simple Home Remedies

Back
Top Bottom