UFO's who are they ?

I don't doubt it. Look at how much our technology has advanced in just the last 200 years. Now consider the universe is billions of years old and life would have multiple starting points in other locations. Other lifeforms could be wildly more advanced, even beyond our comprehension.

Or other lifeforms on other planets became highly advanced and then worked their way back down the food chain turning into plankton! :LOL:

Mother claimed to have seen an alien walking in the alley at 2am ish about 50 years ago coming home from work at a restaurant. Don't really remember any details. Was shortly (year of so) before those crop circle things were found in a neighboring area maybe 10 miles away.

Within a few years of that I was on a bicycle with a friend about 3 blocks west of my grade school which was near grandparents place. We discovered a slew.. watery lowland with hip tall grass and cattails and walked waded out into it a bit. Some thing big moved seemingly unbelievably fast through the grass.. (think Jurassic park velociraptor speed but much closer to ground. We both fled. Was not a deer, beaver, muskrat or any usual wildlife in the area. Suppose it could have been a bobcat/mountain lion way out of habitat but they mostly avoid water.

Got brave enough, or stupid enough to go back within a week with a pellet gun. Could find no evidence of anything or even that slew area.. was a totally dry field. Was very familiar with area. And only that direction was undeveloped.

None of this proves anything other than I could never explain it to myself. Also mom was not the joking around kind of person , but perhaps she was having some hyperglycemic issue with adult onset diabetes.

I don't doubt it. Look at how much our technology has advanced in just the last 200 years. Now consider the universe is billions of years old and life would have multiple starting points in other locations. Other lifeforms could be wildly more advanced, even beyond our comprehension.

I also think the possibility is out there. Even in this advanced day and age, (or so we think), new things are discovered around the world. New insects, fish, etc. Our world is not finite.

I guess anything is possible, but I just don’t see how there wouldn’t be life elsewhere in the universe. It’s just too big for me to believe we are the only ones. Is that other life the source of UFO’s? Who knows. It’s also hard to believe that there is life so far advanced that they have figured out how to travel the universe. When the nearest star is 4 light years away, traveling at warp speed would be required and you’d still be faced with extreme amounts of time in space. Maybe, but I think not. I guess I just hope that if they’re that advanced, they come in peace and that we’re not hell bent on shooting them out of the sky before we get a chance to figure them out.

I guess anything is possible, but I just don’t see how there wouldn’t be life elsewhere in the universe. It’s just too big for me to believe we are the only ones. Is that other life the source of UFO’s? Who knows. It’s also hard to believe that there is life so far advanced that they have figured out how to travel the universe. When the nearest star is 4 light years away, traveling at warp speed would be required and you’d still be faced with extreme amounts of time in space. Maybe, but I think not. I guess I just hope that if they’re that advanced, they come in peace and that we’re not hell bent on shooting them out of the sky before we get a chance to figure them out.

+1

If we multiply the number of galaxies in the observable universe (as high as 2 trillion) by the number of stars in a galaxy (200 billion), it is said that the number of stars is higher than the number of grains of sand on Earth.

And we have not talked about planets and moons which do not emit light and cannot be seen.

So, it is not conceivable that only Earth has lifeforms. But how the heck can anyone travel faster than the speed of light to get here?

And if some civilization is that advanced, they would not be wantonly killing living things like people on earth now do. I would hope that is true.

And if they are that advanced, the chance of us being able to shoot them down is zilch. They would be able to dodge anything we can throw at them. :)

Last edited:
Actually, intelligent/advanced life in other places is statistically improbable. Folks do not realize how rare and fragile the chemistry actually is in terms of temperature ranges, pressure ranges, radiation ranges, etc. Physicists usually don't know enough about biochemistry to make good predictions about what is needed. Plus it only takes a single catastrophic event to wipe out all life. And what is needed includes a long relatively stable environment (but not completely stable) for evolution to do its magic. Some relatively mild stress can help evolution.

I'll concede that bacteria-like and slime-mold life could be elsewhere in the universe. But at this point in my life, I don't believe there are other sentient beings in our galaxy and perhaps not elsewhere in the universe.

Last edited:
But could these sightings be a new type of airplane or spaceship the government has . I remember a brother in law who was career AF talking about a mythical airplane that was called the Aurora . He never seen one but believed it existed . When we were kids we built model airplanes of the Stealth Airplane years before it was introduced.

But could these sightings be a new type of airplane or spaceship the government has . I remember a brother in law who was career AF talking about a mythical airplane that was called the Aurora . He never seen one but believed it existed . When we were kids we built model airplanes of the Stealth Airplane years before it was introduced.

The Stealth model that was put on the market was all part of a government ploy to throw off our enemies. The eventual Stealth was actually very different. I tried finding the article about this. Maybe someone better at Google can find it.

That Aurora concept sure looks bad to the bone though . Even if it never was built . Used to know an older guy who flew the SR 71 it sounded like a really neat aircraft

Scoff if you want. I’ll be here waiting for the Doctor to pick me up and take me for a ride in the TARDIS

......... I guess I just hope that if they’re that advanced, they come in peace and that we’re not hell bent on shooting them out of the sky before we get a chance to figure them out.
Yea, if they are that advanced, this time we'd be the Indians and they'd be the Europeans with rifles and small pox.

Here's my story. About 15 years ago, when I was living in the US, my wife and I were woken up in the middle of the night with our bedroom ceiling fan going at full speed--very noisy and lots of air being pushed down. Very odd. We never used it on any speed other than low.

Next morning it's all over the local news: lots of people over a fairly large area called in to police and newspapers/TV stations to report strange lights, darting to and fro in the sky at unearthly speeds. It was never explained. Our ceiling fan never switched by itself to high ever again after that. A strange coincidence, perhaps.

-BB

Last edited:
Statistically speaking it’s almost a certainty that intelligent life exists elsewhere. The universe is too vast with too many planets that have the elements for life.

I think the question becomes more a matter of if we will find that life (or if they will find us). Will they be too far away? Will our civilization life cycles not overlap in time? Will any intelligent life that is able to discover us want to identify themselves? Could we handle the discovery that we may not be the most advanced life form in existence?

I think the Kepler Space Telescope has given us so many new insights into just how many earth-like planets could be out there. The miracle of intelligent life is remarkable but I’m inclined to believe we don’t own the exclusive rights here on earth. The numbers are just too big for earth to be a one off fluke of nature.

Plus there are too many credible and detailed accounts of unexplained phenomena to make me believe they aren’t all hoaxes or have alternate explanations. I’m especially interested in the visual evidence that predates the digital photography era that would be much more difficult to fake or create as a hoax.

And finally, maybe the best evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial life is the fact that our government in the United States told us there’s no evidence it exists. I think the first day after Roswell was a rare moment of truth for the US government before the story was changed to the weather balloon cover story.

Let me ask you this- there are eye witness accounts from Roswell after the government blocked off the area where the crash happened that stated the military personnel guarding the perimeter threatened their lives if they tried to go see anything or even shared what they saw and that included threatening the children. I ask you this- do you honestly think if the only thing that happened in Roswell was a downed weather balloon they would threaten the lives of children and block off an entire crash area in the middle of nowhere? That seems like an excessive overreaction in my opinion.

May be possible that intelligent life of the UFO kind exists around us but we just can't perceive them.

I saw this program saying that humans can only perceive things in three dimensions, but in String Theory there are about 11 dimensions. Maybe when we do encounter UFOs they know how to jump in and out of our dimensions but we don't know how to get to their dimension. The comparison given was that of a goldfish in a shallow pond. The goldfish could happily swim about in the pond not knowing there is life beyond because they can't perceive anything else. But other "creatures" could get in and out of the pond.

I believe a UFO conspiracy theory is that Roswell was a crash of an alien being with the being surviving and much of the aircrafts created by the government later on was based off of information obtained from Roswell. A little space alien probably gave "youtube" videos to the government on how to create a spaceship before there was youtube :popcorn:.

Last edited:
If we multiply the number of galaxies in the observable universe (as high as 2 trillion) by the number of stars in a galaxy (200 billion), it is said that the number of stars is higher than the number of grains of sand on Earth.

Yes, this is almost certainly true (based on best estimates and observations), and it's true by a wide margin. The number of stars in the observable universe is on the order of 10^22 (or more), and the number of grains of sand on Earth (in all deserts, beaches, etc.) is on the order of 10^18. So there are at least 10,000 times more stars out there than all the grains of sand on Earth. Almost beyond comprehension.

So, it is not conceivable that only Earth has lifeforms. But how the heck can anyone travel faster than the speed of light to get here?

They couldn't. But even extremely advanced civilizations would have enormous difficulty simply getting their ships to go fast enough to travel the unimaginably vast distances between stars. Traveling just to our nearest star, barely 4 light years away, would take the fastest vehicle ever created—the Voyager probe, at 38,600 MPH—nearly 70,000 years. Imagine some very, very smart and tech-savvy aliens who could improve on that by 100 fold, so their ships could safely transport living beings at 4 million MPH (i.e. able to circumnavigate the entire Earth 160 times per hour!). Even at that incredible speed, it would still take them over 670 years just to reach their nearest stars. I think most people who believe we've been visited by aliens in flying saucers don't have any concept of the colossal, gargantuan immensity of space and the vast distances between stars.

Yes, this is almost certainly true (based on best estimates and observations), and it's true by a wide margin. The number of stars in the observable universe is on the order of 10^22 (or more), and the number of grains of sand on Earth (in all deserts, beaches, etc.) is on the order of 10^18. So there are at least 10,000 times more stars out there than all the grains of sand on Earth. Almost beyond comprehension.

They couldn't. But even extremely advanced civilizations would have enormous difficulty simply getting their ships to go fast enough to travel the unimaginably vast distances between stars. Traveling just to our nearest star, barely 4 light years away, would take the fastest vehicle ever created—the Voyager probe, at 38,600 MPH—nearly 70,000 years. Imagine some very, very smart and tech-savvy aliens who could improve on that by 100 fold, so their ships could safely transport living beings at 4 million MPH (i.e. able to circumnavigate the entire Earth 160 times per hour!). Even at that incredible speed, it would still take them over 670 years just to reach their nearest stars. I think most people who believe we've been visited by aliens in flying saucers don't have any concept of the colossal, gargantuan immensity of space and the vast distances between stars.
But, if they are able to get to speeds that are a significant portion of the speed of light then relativistic time effects come into play and the elapsed time in the spaceship is significantly reduced.

But, if they are able to get to speeds that are a significant portion of the speed of light then relativistic time effects come into play and the elapsed time in the spaceship is significantly reduced.

True, but the speeds would have to be quite close to light speed in order for substantial relativistic effects to kick in. And therein lies the rub. The engineering challenges would be monumental, to say the least. First, create a space craft that can generate and deploy the massive amounts of energy required for long enough to reach, say, 90% of light speed, and then figure out a way to prevent the ship from being obliterated due to countless collisions with tiny bits of interstellar dust and debris, each carrying hundreds or thousands of megajoules of energy due to relativistic effects. For example, at 80% of light speed, a microscopic dust particle weighing only 40 micrograms would release as much energy upon impact as the thermal explosion of half a barrel of crude oil.

True, but the speeds would have to be quite close to light speed in order for substantial relativistic effects to kick in. And therein lies the rub. The engineering challenges would be monumental, to say the least. First, create a space craft that can generate and deploy the massive amounts of energy required for long enough to reach, say, 90% of light speed, and then figure out a way to prevent the ship from being obliterated due to countless collisions with tiny bits of interstellar dust and debris, each carrying hundreds or thousands of megajoules of energy due to relativistic effects. For example, at 80% of light speed, a microscopic dust particle weighing only 40 micrograms would release as much energy upon impact as the thermal explosion of half a barrel of crude oil.

Shields up!:cool:

I bet the GravitySucks flying machine could get here really fast from anywhere in the universe.

Back
Top Bottom