Un Unistallable programs

jambo101

Full time employment: Posting here.
Was trying to open a program and it said i lacked ACEdll so off to Google to download it,clicking on the download icon for ACEdll resulted in a download of a security program called RegCure after it did its scan and told me i had 1000 problems and if i wanted them fixed i would have to subscribe to their program i decided to uninstall it from the uninstall programs section of my PC but no matter what i do it wont uninstall in fact its desktop image cant even be put in the recycle bin.:confused::confused:How do i get rid of this piece of crap?

Have you tried CCleaner? It usually does get rid of things fairly efficiently.

If you go to Majorgeeks.com or Sourceforge.net and search for "uninstall", you'll probably find several freeware utilities for uninstalling products. In Majorgeeks.com, look at the ratings and comments, that'll give you an indication of how good the freeware is. Sourceforge.net is also very good.

Turned out to be easier than i thought,just went back a few days and restored the computer to a previous restore point...Thanks bdk for ideas for future problems

Back
Top Bottom