USPS Informed Delivery rarely shows anything lately

I qualified that by saying "of somewhat marginal use". For example, I'm expecting mail that I know comes in an oversize envelope. Those don't seem to get scanned. But if I get that note that I got mail that wasn't scanned, there's a good chance that's it.

It's better than nothing in that case, that's all. And I'm paying nothing for it, so I'm getting more than my money's worth.

Sure, if it was important to me, especially while traveling, I might want to pay for a service. But this is offered for free, so it's a plus to get any info at all.

Comparing a service you pay for to one that is offered by the provider at no charge is apples-oranges.

-ERD50

OK. In my case, regular pieces of mail often aren’t scanned. I find when services are this poor, I’d rather either not use them at all or pay a small amount to get the service I prefer. Obviously YMMV.

My informed delivery is working as normal. Email every morning showing all mail and incoming packages. Maybe you were unintentionally unenrolled or your post office stopped participating?

Only first class mail is shown in "informed delivery" and my mail has gotten really light in the past 2 years.

My informed delivery is working as normal. Email every morning showing all mail and incoming packages. Maybe you were unintentionally unenrolled or your post office stopped participating?
Read post #14.

Our informed delivery is accurate. sometimes I get an email that say that I am getting a piece of mail they don't have an image for (why bother?) but it works pretty well. Every once in a while I get mail a day later than the email says.

Use Informed Delivery

They sent an email out several months ago. You can access Informed Delivery through their website. I believe the emails will end completely in the future, but the information will always be accessible on USPS. Com. I have been using the web site for months.

They sent an email out several months ago. You can access Informed Delivery through their website. I believe the emails will end completely in the future, but the information will always be accessible on USPS. Com. I have been using the web site for months.
This is the dashboard I referred to in post #14. The info for me is no better there.

I have my answer, most people aren't affected, some are, probably more of a regional thing. Thanks all. I'm not going to keep replying to people who just skimmed my first post.

I've been signed up for Informed Delivery for a few years, I think. I'd get a daily email showing all or at least most of what I'd be getting in the mail that day, or the next day at the latest. My mail box is in a kiosk two miles away from me, though pretty much on the way when I'm driving home, so it was helpful to know when it probably wasn't worth stopping.

Now, I rarely even get an email, and it almost always shows no mail coming. Are others enrolled in Informed Delivery seeing the same? Heard any news about it?

I think it started around the time when mail delivery got very unreliable, probably because the USPS didn't want to show mail that might not show up for a few more days. And maybe so it wouldn't slow down the sorting process.
I don’t get the emails anymore. I stopped getting them a couple of years ago. I have to log onto USPS to check my informed delivery.

Mine has also been blank for a number of months. I can't recall the last time I got zero mail, but it's been a long time since anything showed up, other than a note that not evereything was scanned.

No issues here.

Most mail that is not scanned turns out to be oversize or local store flyers. Even ads that are sized right seem to get scanned (Kohl's, etc). Package notifications have been reliable.

I have noticed the email coming later (10am-2pm), but since our mail normally comes between 2 and 5, that is not a problem.

There is the very rare occasion when a letter shows up a day or 2 later, but that might happen once or twice a year.

Since we have a cluster box I need to walk to, it is convenient, but the box is only 200 yards away, so no big deal.

Anyway I am happy with the service.

I think it depends on the post office doing the scanning. If you have a crappy post office then your informed delivery will be crappy too. Those of you with good post offices are very lucky.

It isn't your local post office that is doing the scanning.
I once called and asked.

Interestingly, my husband had informed delivery, but when I tried to get it, I was told that our address wasn’t eligible.

I have mail in my PO Box (Vanguard stmts, etc) but I have not gotten an email with an image for a long time. So I am seeing the same issue.

I've been signed up for Informed Delivery for a few years, I think. I'd get a daily email showing all or at least most of what I'd be getting in the mail that day, or the next day at the latest. My mail box is in a kiosk two miles away from me, though pretty much on the way when I'm driving home, so it was helpful to know when it probably wasn't worth stopping.

Now, I rarely even get an email, and it almost always shows no mail coming. Are others enrolled in Informed Delivery seeing the same? Heard any news about it?

I think it started around the time when mail delivery got very unreliable, probably because the USPS didn't want to show mail that might not show up for a few more days. And maybe so it wouldn't slow down the sorting process.

Mine works no problems at all

Works here

Informed Delivery is generally pretty accurate here in more rural TN. We have an exceptional delivery woman who is always spot on. The only problem is that she no longer works Saturday, and oftentimes if a package is slated to be delivered that day, it doesn't arrive until Monday. Laziness on the part of the person subbing on the weekend. Otherwise it has been pretty good.

Now on the topic of little mail, most of us have probably been getting less and less since (at least in our case) we have most bills, etc come via email notices. Since most paper is not recycled I burn all the junk mail, etc so I prefer less and less to be honest.

It's only for mail that gets scanned. Not junk type mail

I get plenty of junk mail scanned, too.
For the most part, they have been fairly consistent over the last few years we've had the service. Like others, sometimes the mail is a day later than the scan emails say. Sadly, I only get 2 or 3 important mail items a month, the rest is trash.

It works ok for us. I got email at 9:51 this morning and got a text message at 10:07 that my package was delivered. I like getting texts for packages so that I know when the mail arrives since our mailbox is far away from our house.

Back
Top Bottom