USPS Informed Delivery rarely shows anything lately

RunningBum

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've been signed up for Informed Delivery for a few years, I think. I'd get a daily email showing all or at least most of what I'd be getting in the mail that day, or the next day at the latest. My mail box is in a kiosk two miles away from me, though pretty much on the way when I'm driving home, so it was helpful to know when it probably wasn't worth stopping.

Now, I rarely even get an email, and it almost always shows no mail coming. Are others enrolled in Informed Delivery seeing the same? Heard any news about it?

I think it started around the time when mail delivery got very unreliable, probably because the USPS didn't want to show mail that might not show up for a few more days. And maybe so it wouldn't slow down the sorting process.

Ours is fine.

I only get the email if I have pieces of mail being delivered that day. No email - means no mail today. I find it very accurate today, just as it always has been.

Are you saying you get no emails and then find you did indeed get mail that day that never showed up in an Informed Delivery email to you?

That only happens to me with oversized envelopes and other similar items. Also, they do not send me emails for newspaper coupon flyers that are added at the local post office. The scanning of envelope images is done at regional sorting facilities.

Mine is fine. If I get no email I'm getting zero mail. I often get ones with nothing, indicating only that packages are otw. Or I get the "mailpiece not showing" thing for junk.

Almost perfect accuracy. Very rare I miss a piece and it shows up the next day.

If you have issues, they are most likely local with your facility or your carrier.

Ours is fine.
+1, but typically advertising mail is not listed, so our Informed Delivery sometimes shows nothing but some catalogs (or Viking Cruises offers) get delivered.

I find it fairly accurate and quite useful to know when packages will be arriving.

Once in a while the informed delivery scanners go down for a week or two. And also, on a regular basis, what's in my box is someone else's and vice versa. Kind of like doing business in a third world nation.

I'm another person with no issues. Apart from inability to scan the daily WSJ (always been the case), it has been accurate. (We seem to get some type of mail every day)

We rely upon it to alert our house watcher to the rare important item/bill that we want scanned to us when traveling.

Are you saying you get no emails and then find you did indeed get mail that day that never showed up in an Informed Delivery email to you?
I checked my email trash and see five emails since July 21. None in my inbox. My trash folder goes back to July 19. I know I wouldn't have gone into my trash folder to delete them forever, and none are going into Spam.

One of the emails says there's a piece of mail they don't have an image for. The other four show a USPS job ad under Mail (doesn't look like a scanned image and I don't get this in the actual mail). None of them show an actual scan of any mail, and I have received plenty of mail since July 21. Four of the five emails were received on a Wednesday (one missed though), and the other last Saturday. There are some days that I get no mail, but I am certain that I didn't get mail on only those 5 days in the last month.

Each email says I can look at my dashboard. This shows today and the previous 6 days. It shows that I'm getting one email today, but no image, other than that USPS job ad. And says I got one on Saturday, again no image except the ad. Zero for the other days, which isn't true.

Sounds like an issue at my sorting station in Sandston, VA. Apparently not a nationwide issue though, so maybe there's a chance they'll fix it. Not a big deal, but it could occasionally be really helpful to me if I was expecting something.

Once in a while the informed delivery scanners go down for a week or two. And also, on a regular basis, what's in my box is someone else's and vice versa. Kind of like doing business in a third world nation.

I'd say that's a regional thing.. You're a tad harsh.

It's only for mail that gets scanned. Not junk type mail

I can't say for how long this has been an issue but it seems like it was when the sorting stations were falling way behind last year. Maybe they stopped it to try to improve sorting time, or maybe they stopped because they didn't want to show a scan of mail that wouldn't get to me for a few more days.

We've been using it since the service began, and find it pretty accurate. I particularly like knowing whether it's worthwhile to go out and bring in the mail or not. Our mailbox is a few minutes walk from the house (cluster box) and in nasty weather it can be really annoying to go out and find nothing but junk. This service mostly makes that a think of the past.

It's only for mail that gets scanned. Not junk type mail
I get lots of junk mail scanned to informed delivery. The weekly grocer sales are never scanned but the endless stream of realtor ads always are, along with the requests for donations.
I can't say for how long this has been an issue but it seems like it was when the sorting stations were falling way behind last year. Maybe they stopped it to try to improve sorting time, or maybe they stopped because they didn't want to show a scan of mail that wouldn't get to me for a few more days.
I notice days where there is nothing scanned but mail is still delivered. Usually 100% junk, not always. It doesn’t happen often enough to track, but it definitely happens.

I'd say that's a regional thing.. You're a tad harsh.

In our neighborhood, it's business as usual for the P.O. and it's getting worse as time goes on. And the Postmaster won't do anything about the pi$$ poor service after several folks have met with him. I'll stop there rather than risk a ban.

In our neighborhood, it's business as usual for the P.O. and it's getting worse as time goes on. And the Postmaster won't do anything about the pi$$ poor service after several folks have met with him. I'll stop there rather than risk a ban.

That's too bad,our zip code ends in 9 and we still get great service.

Informed Delivery is fine for us. Some issues during the Great Mail Slowdown of winter 2020-2021, but since then no issues.

We get images of everything, including junk mail, except for those things too large to be scanned (like large shopping flyers and very large envelopes), but that is indicated in the daily email and website.

I get lots of junk mail scanned to informed delivery. The weekly grocer sales are never scanned but the endless stream of realtor ads always are, along with the requests for donations.

I notice days where there is nothing scanned but mail is still delivered. Usually 100% junk, not always. It doesn’t happen often enough to track, but it definitely happens.

I will get scans of mass mailing that come in regular envelopes....so I think we are talking about the same things.

Back
Top Bottom