Valentines Day...

Ok, folks, last minute Valentines' Day shoppers better get going.
Only 6 hours 13 minutes (Eastern time) until showtime. :cool:

I have a little gift for dh2b bought way back in December. It was hiding in my shoe organizer in my clothes closet. It is all wrapped up, card is signed, heeheeheee...:D

I'm guessing Westernskies and his DW are in or on route to Austria right about now. Here's hoping they both have a great time!

Booo Hooo. We had to change ours plans. Mother Nature snowed on our parade so we canceled the DC trip and will be spending a quiet weekend snuggling together.

I nominate Eddie. His campaign promise: "Two dead rats for every household"

I dont know. I cant vote for Eddie. Since pet rats are pretty neat. So since Eddie is an animal hater I need to move on to the next candidate.. ;)

I dont know. I cant vote for Eddie. Since pet rats are pretty neat. So since Eddie is an animal hater I need to move on to the next candidate.. ;)

Truth be told, Eddie is a total wimp. He wouldn't know what to do with a rat if he came face to face with one. I realize this invalidates his candicacy since no one wants a wimp cat in office. Don't worry though. We love him very much even though he's "unusual":)

Attachments

• P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 0
Valentine's Day Adirondack style

Once upon a time, a massive tract of land was set aside to be "Forever Wild". It was called the Adirondack State Forest Preserve. Hunters, adventurers and lumberjacks came from miles around to live in and explore the Adirondack Mts. After a hard day of whatever they did all day ;), they were plenty hungry.
May I present Valentine's Day dinner in the Adirondack tradition at the famous Buffalo Head in Forestport NY...angry black bear over the mantle, stuffed moose head, ice cold Saranac Pale Ale, and prime rib fit for a King. :cool:
Artists also frequent the area. The mound of snow is decorated with frozen dyed water in hearts and flowers shapes. The deep blue letters spell out "Be Mine".

Attachments

• BearHeadHearts.jpg
    BearHeadHearts.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 1
  • MeandMoosie.jpg
    MeandMoosie.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PrimeMapView.jpg
    PrimeMapView.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 2
  • PrimeSideView.jpg
    PrimeSideView.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IceDeco.jpg
    IceDeco.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 0
Whew! Looks like you and your dh2b had a really happy Valentine's Day, Freebird. At least, I'm pretty sure you didn't go hungry.... ;)

Steak and beer. It does not get much better than that.

Went out for a matinee movie - finally saw Avatar. It was great!

Then made a nice home cooked dinner together.

DH surprised me with roses. He usually doesn't do that, so it was quite a nice surprise.

A very nice day all in all.

Now just enjoying a quiet night preparing for w*rk tomorrow.

I took my Mom out for Valentines dinner at a really nice Irish pub here in Jacksonville Beach, FL. She had their beef stew, which she said was at least as good as her own..or better! Wow! I had their 'Valentines Special'....fillet mignon and lobster tail, with garlic roast mashed potatoes, and a veggie medley. The fillet was cooked to perfection (medium rare), and was fork-tender! We were very pleased with the entire dinner, all thanks to the nice gal at our hotel's front desk!!! :)

I woke up to a dozen pink roses and lots of chocolate and a mushy card . My SO got candy and a nerf gun which he is thoroughly enjoying !

Great pics freebird and I'm tickled everyone else is enjoying Valentine's Day! :flowers:

We haven't done anything special today...so far. I am considering emptying out a few boxes of strawberry jello into the bath water....:D

A fine NY strip steak, asparagus with goat cheese, a superb Chateauneuf du Pape, and Lindt chocolates, and a new pair of pajamas for her from Nordstrom.

Now if you'll excuse us, it's getting late...

A fine NY strip stake, asparagus with goat cheese, a superb Chateauneuf du Pape, and Lindt chocolates, and a new pair of pajamas for her from Nordstrom.

Now if you'll excuse us, it's getting late...

The Doctor of Love;)

Invited my friend over for creamed baked cod, then we walked down the street and heard some lovely jazz- mostly love songs and bossa nova love songs for Valentine's Day. Wonderful trumpeter from NO named Michel Navedo and a trio. It was really satisfying.

Ha

I let my mom cook me a nice Valentine Day lunch. Am I a good son or what?;) I did buy her a box a chocolates and card.:blush:

DW and I had a great Valentines weekend, spent Saturday in Salzburg and Sunday in Vienna, bundled up in wool coats, walking around in the snow, admiring the architecture, shopping, stopping for Viennese Coffee and Sacher Torte when it got too cold...had a nice hotel right across from the Opera House, we didn't go to the Opera, but it was fun to sit in our room and watch the folks who did; everyone was dressed to the nines... meanwhile we we in our pj's; ordered room service and enjoyed the most comfortable hotel bed either of us have ever experienced...and we both travel a lot on business.

A great trip, we really enjoyed it; DW remarked it was like a second honeymoon. (our anniversary is a few days before Valentines day, so this was a great time to take this trip)

She flew home this AM, I am in the business lounge at London Heathrow, will be working in the UK for a few days before heading home.

Will post a few photos when I get back, DW took more than your typical Japanese tourist...

freebird, that prime rib is so rare it looks like a good veterinarian could save it...:D

Frank had to work overtime on Valentine's Day. He tried to get the day off, but his management has been requiring senior engineers to work 6-7 days/week for a long time, and 9-10+ hour days too. The amazing thing to me is that they wouldn't go for it despite the fact that he is scheduled to retire in conjunction with a layoff in a week and a half. :nonono:

So, since he works swing shift we were able to have a quick lunch together - - just some egg drop soup and crawfish springrolls at a Chinese restaurant. Then he called me from work, which he almost never does, and we talked for quite a while. That was nice.

Besides, we are already making plans for a great celebration dinner as soon as he retires. :dance: :clap: That will be pretty romantic and he won't have to go to work the next day. :D

Back
Top Bottom