Valentines Day...

My wife asked me the other day if we were still doing the $10 rule for gifts. I told her yes and then she told me that she wanted me to make crab cakes for her valentine’s dinner. I still have no idea what I’m getting her.

crabs? :nonono:

Our plans for V-day. We are headed off the the nation"s capital via Amtrak for the weekend. While there we will go out to the National Geographic Museum to see the Terra Cotta Warriors from China, Madam Tussauds wax museum, Dinner at an Irish Pup a tour of the city and the rest we are keeping to ourselves. :D This is a great time to travel if you don't mind cold weather because prices are cheap.

What is everyone here on FIRE doing for their DS, SO, FWB, or FM for Valentines Day?

I know a lot of people struggle trying to come up with something different every year, thought it might be fun to hear what others are doing.

(I am working on something special; will share it later...) ;)

A trip to Ireland,Scotland and England down the road. We are saving for it ;) However, for the big V day Ill cook something wrapped in bacon with just an apron and a few bottles of wine on the V day :LOL: Probably some flowers too oh and most certainly some chocolate and a fine port for dessert.;) Come to think of it nothing out of the ordinary. Darn perhaps I need to change up my routine...

What favorite mods?

Man, with forum posters as tough as what we have, mods are dropping out like flies :hide:, we hardly have any left.

Our plans for V-day. We are headed off the the nation"s capital via Amtrak for the weekend. While there we will go out to the National Geographic Museum to see the Terra Cotta Warriors from China, Madam Tussauds wax museum, Dinner at an Irish Pup a tour of the city and the rest we are keeping to ourselves. :D This is a great time to travel if you don't mind cold weather because prices are cheap.
OK - you get the prize! Sounds like fun!

Audrey

Don't miss the redone American History museum !

This will be my outfit for Valentine's Day...

Surely I won't be convicted....:angel:......:D

Probably go out to dinner at the restaurant of her choice, but Lord Have Mercy if I forget the card.

OTOH, the last time I bought her roses I got "yelled at" for wasting the $$. She'd rather go do something than look at wilting flowers. Sometimes it takes a while to figure these things out.:confused:

BF has the kids, I will be working....at night we will go to the Thai place where we had our first date :) followed by LOTS of snuggling!
2/15 is his birthday so we will be going into NYC to spend the day and go museum hopping.
I don't know what to get him for a present though....it's our first Valentine's day and the first time I have ever had a Valentine!

On a related note...

A blond and a brunette are having coffee at home on Valentines Day, when the doorbell rings. It is a florist, delivering a dozen roses for the brunette.

She brings them into the house, and shows them to her friend, exclaiming "great, these are from my boyfriend, now it looks like I will have to spend all weekend with my legs up in the air"

The blond thinks a moment, and answers "why don't you just put them in a vase?"

:whistle:

The young wife and I will be in Italy, suffering from jet lag, just as we were last year. Since our anniversary is on the 18th, that's when we usually give gifts (not many recently) or go to a fancy dinner. I do always try to get her a Valentine's card though.

BF has the kids, I will be working....at night we will go to the Thai place where we had our first date :) followed by LOTS of snuggling!
2/15 is his birthday so we will be going into NYC to spend the day and go museum hopping.
I don't know what to get him for a present though....it's our first Valentine's day and the first time I have ever had a Valentine!
If your own personal Cupid may assist...:cool:
For dh2b's 1st Valentine, I bought a medium size red heart shaped box of candy, and froze the contents to eat at a later time. :blush:
I traced and cut out a heart shape from red construction paper, wrote something cutesie utesie on it, and taped it to the inside of the shiny red top of the candy box. I glued white lace to the edge of the box and wrapped it inside a bigger box. I threw away the white candy box bottom.
He was so touched by my handmade Valentine. He still has it in his nightstand drawer, 4 years later. :flowers: Guys NEVER keep stuff like store bought cards.
I may pull it out and redo the inside writing for this year. :flowers:

Thanks freebird! I will definitely make him a handmade valentine and a poem....haven't written one in a while :)

Flowers, BLT's and some nice wine.

Simple stuff nothing too fancy ;)

Except the BLTS been awhile since we had any bacon.

What favorite mods?

Man, with forum posters as tough as what we have, mods are dropping out like flies :hide:, we hardly have any left.

Well, there's a least one that would still like to be a mod.....they just need to be asked.........:)

Back
Top Bottom