Vanguard New Account

aaronc879

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I tried opening a taxable account with Vanguard online and it said I couldn't open the account online and I should call the number listed. I currently have a Traditional and ROTH IRA with them. Any idea why I can't open an account online? I didn't want to call them because I know I would be on hold for along time and don't feel I should have to do that to open an account as an existing customer. Anyone else have an issue like this?

I tried opening a taxable account with Vanguard online and it said I couldn't open the account online and I should call the number listed. I currently have a Traditional and ROTH IRA with them. Any idea why I can't open an account online? I didn't want to call them because I know I would be on hold for along time and don't feel I should have to do that to open an account as an existing customer. Anyone else have an issue like this?

No idea, but I had to call them this week for something else and the hold time was only about 5 minutes. But, I took someone's suggestion to call at 8am EST when they open their phone lines.

Earlier in the week I had to wait well over an hour. Yesterday I called right before closing and got answered immediately. Even though they have posted hours, they still have people working answered call for two hours after closing hour.

I've read on other forums that their website can't currently create some (all?) accounts. I think it's been that way for a while. Probably have to call them.

I've read on other forums that their website can't currently create some (all?) accounts. I think it's been that way for a while. Probably have to call them.

That's a bummer. I may just go with TD Ameritrade for my taxable account since I already have an account with them. It's empty but it would be easy to start back up again. If I use Vanguard ETFs then it shouldn't cost any more than if I had the account at Vanguard, I think.

The next week is still in the lull before "tax season". From January 15 to April 30th it's insane at ALL providers. Call now and beat the rush.

Back
Top Bottom