Want a gmail account?

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
GMAIL accounts (google email) are still in 'test' mode, expected to become general availability shortly. Getting an account requires an invitation. Invitations are hard to come by.

Someone has made a clearinghouse for people who want an invite and those who have them and dont need them.

Gmail, for the uninitiated is the newest big name free email. Think hotmail, except you get a 1GB mailbox instead of 10MB. Which means you never have to delete mail ever again, and in fact can send critical files to yourself and let your gmail email box become your offsite, online backup medium. I zipped up my photos and critical documents and emailed them to myself.

Go here
http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php
and hit 'refresh' on your browser every few minutes. When an invite is available, put in a current email addres (VERY QUICKLY) and hit 'enter'. You should get a note that the invite has been forwarded. Dont hit refresh too often or the sites flood control will stomp you and you'll have to close your browser and start over.

Took me about 10 minutes yesterday before an invite came through.

Its especially good to get in early because you actually have a chance at a decent username instead of bobjones9234.a.5.1293b.

I got lastname.firstname. I'm still bummed out that I dropped the "th@msn.com" address I had when I got to alpha test the old MSN network back in 1993...who'd have known it would become a popular email system... ;)

TH, thanks for the tip. I got an account and it only took about 5 enters. People were offering these on Freecycle, but since they didn't actually 'own' the accounts, Freecycle made them stop.

Likewise TH. Thanks.

It took quite a few tries but got mine as well.

MJ :)

:) Thanks, TH! You're the best!
I got mine, too! (It did take a few tries.)

EngrGal

I'm not so lucky, I have been trying for over an hour and all I get is

Error

Cannot complete request

Maybe I'm doing something wrong :confused:

Keep trying. I just got one, but I'm having trouble logging into it now that I have it...the log-in page keeps redirecting itself.

Yelnad

Cut-throat...click that link above...if it says there are zero available, wait a few minutes and hit the f5 key to refresh. As soon as it shows one or more available, quickly type an existing email address into the box on the form, and hit enter. An email with a link will be sent to the email you entered. Clicking on that link will take you to the signup page for gmail.

Yelnad...no idea whats going on with you...did it let you make an account or are you constantly redirecting on clicking the link that was sent to you? What browser are you using?

Cut-throat...click that link above...if it says there are zero available, wait a few minutes and hit the f5 key to refresh. As soon as it shows one or more available, quickly type an existing email address into the box on the form, and hit enter. An email with a link will be sent to the email you entered. Clicking on that link will take you to the signup page for gmail.

TH,

Yup, that is what I've been doing - I think all of the other folks are just beating me to the punch. :(

Even faster than typing email address, paste it in by hitting shift-ins then enter. Three clicks you're in. Thanks TH. I'm up-loading a 9M file now for archive. That sure takes a while on the old dial up.

I have also been pasting it in, but still no luck. There were plenty of invites available at one time over 35 and it still gave my e-mail address an error :confused:

Anybody want to try and snag me an invite to kdbmeb@aol.com  :)

I have also been pasting it in, but still no luck. There were plenty of invites available at one time over 35 and it still gave my e-mail address an error :confused:

Anybody want to try and snag me an invite to kdbmeb@aol.com :)

You should get an email for the invite. Hope there is no time limit to enroll.

You should get an email for the invite. Hope there is no time limit to enroll.

Thanks MJ !! -- I have enrolled and am now set up. I have no idea why I was not able to get an invite myself! -- Thanks Again!! :)

It let me set it up yesterday even with the loop, and today I was finally able to get into it. Thanks!

Thanks for the link
The only problem so far is what to name it.
So far I've tried
Dexter
Cybermail
Popeye
all taken!!!!!!

Thanks to TH, I have figured out why I was unable to get an invite. I have been using the AOL Browser which this website apparently does not like. I used Internet Explorer and was able to complete the form. So for anyone trying to use the AOL Browser - switch to Micorsoft Explorer or some other browser. ;)

Thanks TH! :)

Back
Top Bottom