Warning about bug on Tracfone Web site

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I twice added airtime to the wrong phone on Tracfone's website. I thought I'd just made a mistake, but today I realized that there's a bug on the page.

Check this out:

fZSHi00.jpg

Note that all the balance data is the same. But it shouldn't be. The balance data and the BUY AIRTIME buttons both correspond to Al's phone.

Thus, if you push a button to add airtime, you may end up adding airtime to the wrong phone. That's why Lena's phone has airtime through 2020.

I've wasted time trying to make Tracfone understand and transfer the airtime, but it's not worth it. They either don't understand or are not willing to admit the error.

An excerpt from our chat:

You: Note that the xxxx phone has airtime through 2020.
You: That's because the time I added went to that phone.
Stefany: Sorry for the inconvenience.
You: I am uploading a screenshot.
You: just a sec ...
Stefany: Okay.
Stefany: I will not be able to see it.
You: I have put a screenshot at: https://imgur.com/a/SWeirrB
You: Write that down, and when you go home, look at it.
Stefany: Okay.
Stefany: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Last edited:
Those places with chat customer assistance can be really really good with stonewalling :mad:.

I did notice that when I was looking at my daughters account... it put the correct info on her account..

But when I went to the second phone (mine) and looked it put the same info on both phones...

When I went back to my daughters and again clicked to see what she had it put her data on both...

I did notice that when I was looking at my daughters account... it put the correct info on her account..

But when I went to the second phone (mine) and looked it put the same info on both phones...

When I went back to my daughters and again clicked to see what she had it put her data on both...

Right. They said "Unfortunately, we do not have any report of an issue like that."

I remember once I reported a bug to a company, then a week later, I reported the same bug. They said, "No one has reported that bug."

It would have cost them almost nothing to credit me with a Gig of data.

It's not worth pursuing, but I printed out the long chat along with the screenshot and mailed it to their corporate headquarters.

Back
Top Bottom