Watch TV and get paid for it!

Life_is_Good

Recycles dryer sheets
Yeah.... I was skeptical too at first..... but this is real.

Have you heard of Viggle? It's an App for the Apple devices (Touch, iPad, etc) - not sure if there is an Android version available. When you watch TV, simply launch the Viggle button. The device will "listen" to your TV. When it recognizes the show you are watching, you get reward points if you stay tuned in. Accumulated points can then be redeemed for e-gift certificates with participating vendors. Some vendors include Home Depot, Best Buy, Target, Apple, Amazon and others. Also several eateries such as Chilis, Burger King, and Starbucks provide reward cards for Viggle points.

My wife and I each have an Apple device and try to Viggle often. We have redeemed points for Best Buy electronics, Chilis meals, and recently Target. :dance: It can take a while to accumulate enough points for rewards, but we're watching the TV shows anyway. It's hardly any extra work to launch the Viggle app.

Here's a link to the Viggle web page. Check it out if you want to get paid for sitting on your duff and watching the tube.

Home | Viggle

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with or invested in the Viggle Corp. I'm just a regular guy who found this fantastic way to earn a few bucks for doing practically nothing :ROFLMAO:

Do you have to watch the commercials?

Can you let your device watch TV while you're not home?

I'm not clear on how it works. Most nights we watch the TiVo'd Craig Ferguson show, skipping all commercials and boring guests. Then same for Leno, then the nightly news and local news. Would we get points for that?

I'm not clear on the technology behind it either. I guessimate they must do sound matching to some enormous database of television shows to determine which one is playing.

There are multiple ways to earn points, some are:

1) watch any show and you get points
2) watch "featured shows" and get bonus points in addition to #1 above
3) press banner ads (if you want) that market something to you
4) join Viggle trivia games that are offered with some shows (American Idol seems to be a favorite)

Sometimes it recognizes shows from my DVR, but not always. Skipping through the commercials on your tv shows is not a problem for Viggle. It doesn't care.

Can you let your device watch TV while you're not home?

That was my first question too. Wow, what a technological advance!

Now there's a machine to watch boring TV for you while you go to something interesting.

What a world.:confused:

This seems like a good way to ruin your life for almost no reward. Super! Satan will be pleased, and amused.

Ha

I think it's great for those who want to do it. Thanks for letting us know about it.

That said, I won't participate. For the reward, one is giving up a bit of one's privacy. Whose business is it to know what mindless TV shows I happen to watch? That feels so creepy to me. I guess I'd rather just keep that info to myself.

Sometimes it seems like nothing in our lives remains private any more. :(

Heck, I am starting to get a bit tired of the newer overt commercials included in the shows... while watching a show last night they were showing the benefits of the new Toyota.... you could get info on the nav screen, including sports scores :mad:

Makes me want to puke....

I could live with the product placements even though I did not like them... but it is getting a bit much now...

I think it's great for those who want to do it. Thanks for letting us know about it.

That said, I won't participate. For the reward, one is giving up a bit of one's privacy. Whose business is it to know what mindless TV shows I happen to watch? That feels so creepy to me. I guess I'd rather just keep that info to myself.

Well, we already know you're a huge fan of Idol. So you have fessed up on one of the mindless shows you watch. :LOL:
Yea, I know. Me too. It's sad to think of the mindless shows I'll watch.

I went camping a few weekends ago. I came home to a BIL sitting in his pajamas in my house hoping to make $50 doing this stupid crap. I drew the line when we were all talking in my living room/kitchen and he asked everyone to be quiet.

Well, we already know you're a huge fan of Idol. So you have fessed up on one of the mindless shows you watch. :LOL:

Yeah, but I limit the number of people who know this, to my close friends and the zillions that read the forum. I'm sure three or four people don't know! :LOL:

MuirWannabe said:
Yea, I know. Me too. It's sad to think of the mindless shows I'll watch.

Me too. We just got a new channel that shows nothing but old re-runs of weekly shows from the 50's and 60's. Some of them are classics, but others are real junk! :2funny:

That depends. How much would you be willing to pay to have Viggle salvage some of your privacy for you?

Or, once you reach 2,500,000 points you'd be eligible for their free privacy-preservation service!!

Back
Top Bottom