Way to go FBI

Indeed, good work.

I wish there were a way to prevent these fellows from thinking the way they do. IMHO it will change when leaders of their faith teach that this is inconsistent with Muhammad's teachings. Only Muslims can do this.

Yes, good to see the FBI is on the job, and I hope the Patiot Act helped. I note these were six foreign born Muslim young men. Surprise surprise. I hope the FBI didn't have to avoid profiling by running through background checks on a bunch of grandmothers from Iowa before they got to these creeps.

Edit: Looks like the Patiot Act or background screening had nothing to do with catching these guys. They appear to have been bumblers turned in by a camera shop owner.

"Christie called the camera shop owner that alerted federal authorities an American hero. The suspected terrorists had gone to the shop about 16 months ago to transfer training videos from video tape to DVD's.

"The camera store owner saw Muslim men in military garb toting weapons in the woods. He heard them talking about jihad and how Allah was great. He called the FBI and became a hero," Christie said."

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/story/7477509p-7372344c.html

SteveR said:
No doubt the camera store owner will now be sued for invasion of privacy.

Could well be, seriously. There would be many lawyers willing to take that case.
One thing that bothers me is how obvious these guys appear to be. One thing I learned in the military is that when the enemy behaves in too obvious a fashion, look elsewhere.

Look elsewhere, yes, but those guys are trapped in their own belief system and can't imagine that they are out of sync with others.

Definately a good job. It does re-inforce the idea that we all need to be vigilant.

But it never ceases to amaze me that none of these guys think about robbing a gun store. (A gun store was robbed recently near me after the store closed. I think they pulled out the doors and took what was in the counters.) And then hit a mall. ( I just finished reading "Teeth of the Tiger" where they did that.)

No it really shows how porous the darn borders are. 3 were illegals!! yes Mr Bush and stupid liberal dems close the efin borders!

With their combined IQs I doubt they would have gotten on Ft. Dix with any weapons. If bases are on the same alert level as when I left they would of searched that vehicle prior to it getting on the fort.

newguy888 said:
No it really shows how porous the darn borders are. 3 were illegals!! yes Mr Bush and stupid liberal dems close the efin borders!

I didn't see where they were illegal, just that they were foreign born. But I agree, we have to close the borders.

SoonToRetire said:
I didn't see where they were illegal, just that they were foreign born. But I agree, we have to close the borders.

Here is a part from the Star Ledger Newspaper in NJ.

Some of the would-be attackers have been living illegally in the United States, while others are legal immigrants, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. Four are ethnic Albanians, one was born in Turkey, and a sixth was born in Jordan.

Officials identified the men as Dritan Duka, 28, Eljvir Duka, 23, Shain Duka, 26, Serdar Tatar, 23, Mohamad Shnewer, 22, and Agron Abdullahu, 24.

What's scary is these kinds don't sound like Fullbright Scholars, imagine if one of them clocked in with a three digit I.Q.! :eek:

In addition one of the guys was a pizza delivery guy who had ACSESS to FT DIX!

sorry but I am concerned that again our guard is down. He could have gone on a suicide mission bringing a darn pizza onto the base!

Close the g-d damn borders throw out the illegals and lets take our country back NO?

Anybody else think back to those anthrax mailings after 911? One of them was traced to a PO in the Princeton area, not far from Ft Dix. Hope the FBI follows up on that with this group.

newguy888 said:
In addition one of the guys was a pizza delivery guy who had ACSESS to FT DIX!

sorry but I am concerned that again our guard is down. He could have gone on a suicide mission bringing a darn pizza onto the base!

Close the g-d damn borders throw out the illegals and lets take our country back NO?

Sorry to say.. but there is NO WAY that they can close the borders like you think.. heck, when I was in Britain there were many illegal aliens living there and they are an ISLAND!!!

To me it is the same as the missle shield... a BIG waste of money with little or no benefit..

Just read a bit more of the story.... there were some that were illegal... but reading between the lines they were here legally and stayed past their visa... it said they were living here for years...

That is one aspect of our visa system that surprises me.... it is tought to get in from some countries... but once past the border... it is wide open.. no giving of address, no future checks etc etc... like, now that you are IN, we trust you..

Laurence said:
What's scary is these kinds don't sound like Fullbright Scholars, imagine if one of them clocked in with a three digit I.Q.! :eek:

Terrorist can't be this dumb! Must be a ploy to distract us. Better check Ft Knox to see if the gold is still there.

One of the design criteria of the new PACOM HQ (Camp Smith on Oahu) was a 24-hour food court for the staff to be able to have pizza anytime.

It not only avoids the "suicide pizza bomber syndrome" but it also keeps the media from tracking the crisis-alert level by the number of food-delivery vehicles.

newguy888 said:

They didn't come over the border from Mexico, they over-stayed their visas. Fences along the Rio Grande won't touch that problem.

dex said:
Definately a good job. It does re-inforce the idea that we all need to be vigilant.

But it never ceases to amaze me that none of these guys think about robbing a gun store. (A gun store was robbed recently near me after the store closed. I think they pulled out the doors and took what was in the counters.) And then hit a mall. ( I just finished reading "Teeth of the Tiger" where they did that.)

Unless they just don't have the money to buy weapons/ammo, there's not much need to rob a gun store when they can just buy what they want and not alert anyone. Most gun storess are fairly well locked up, crooks often have to drive into the building to get at the goods--witht he alarm blaring and cops enroute. And robbing most gun stores when they are open would be riskier than robbing a bank, or attacking Ft Dix.

These guys were definitely idiots, which is good for us. They wanted to get onto Ft Dix, then attack troops in Humvees? Why not shoot up a place where folks congregate? Or plant a bomb, kill a lot of infidels, and live to be a martyr another day?

samclem said:
Unless they just don't have the money to buy weapons/ammo, there's not much need to rob a gun store when they can just buy what they want and not alert anyone. Most gun storess are fairly well locked up, crooks often have to drive into the building to get at the goods--witht he alarm blaring and cops enroute. And robbing most gun stores when they are open would be riskier than robbing a bank, or attacking Ft Dix.

These guys were definitely idiots, which is good for us. They wanted to get onto Ft Dix, then attack troops in Humvees? Why not shoot up a place where folks congregate? Or plant a bomb, kill a lot of infidels, and live to be a martyr another day?

I think you're right on several counts. I think the answer may not be that they are idiots but they don't read enough or watch enough TV to get ideas and how to plan. I'm about 80% serious with this idea. Think about it - if you ever watched CSI - you've learned about how not to leave evidence - 24 how to get materials; organize and how info is gathered about you; Law and Order - how the system works; TV news - how to get publisity.

They are most definitely illegal immigrants. I wonder what will happen to the illegal immigrant debate now. This has been the "big" fear - illegal terrorists. Well, here it is. The illegal immigration debate will no longer be confined to a discussion on the need for labor (because Americans will not perform certain types of work) but it will focus on terrorist who have gained entrance illegally.

I haven't heard the 2008 candidates, except McCain, discussing their policy on illegal immigration. I must have missed it.

janeeyre said:
I haven't heard the 2008 candidates, except McCain, discussing their policy on illegal immigration. I must have missed it.

Tom Tancredo has spoken quite openly about his immigration plans, and about his dissatisfaction with Bush's ideas and with Democratic plans on the topic.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17153418/

Ha

The question to all is how do we stop people from over-staying their visas??

Today even visitor's visas are almost at shut-down. The 60+ year old parents of an acquaintance on an H2 visa (computer network security engineer for a well known employer's European operations) cannot visit his son who is working in the US. Son, who is a 'key man', has great difficulty taking time off to travel to Romania to see his parents. There is nothing to indicate that these parents are a security risk.

Assuming that terrorism is our priority I see no proposals that effectively address this concern.

Brat said:
The question to all is how do we stop people from over-staying their visas??

There's no perfect answer of course, but one high payoff, low-cost approach is to levy heavy fines on businesses who employ aliens with no valid documentation or expired documentation. Also, schools who continue to enroll students who have overstayed their student visas (this could be accomplished by cutting off federal student aid dollars to schools who do not enforce these rules). Most illegal aliens are drawn here by a chance to earn more money than they can at home--when employment opportunities decrease, so will the number of illegal immigrants.

janeeyre said:
This has been the "big" fear - illegal terrorists. Well, here it is. The illegal immigration debate will no longer be confined to a discussion on the need for labor (because Americans will not perform certain types of work) but it will focus on terrorist who have gained entrance illegally.

Just a minor note: There are probablly no jobs Americans won't do--just jobs they won't do for the present pay offered to illegal immigrants. Decreasing illegal immigration will increase pay for lower-skilled legal citizens/aliens. If an inustry can't compete on the world market with those labor costs, then we should consider a well supervised legal guest worker program.

Back
Top Bottom