Well... I've never...........

Never:
1) Had a harem
2) been shot by my wife, no doubt the two have some relation

It is not too late to start, is it? Er, I mean the 1) not the 2).

+1. That was a fun thread.

I never smoke pot, and was never around anyone who did, so did not even inhale 2nd hand smoke. To this day, I do not know what pot smoke smells like. My wife is the same.

Caveat: I used to smoke cigarettes.

I am willing to bet heavily on your perceptiveness though NW. Even though you have never smelled it before, the first time you did, I will guarantee you would say "I smell pot!". :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am curious, but how do I go about finding out? I am not a concert goer, so perhaps I should go to some events like Seattle HempFest.

But why do I want 2nd hand pot smoke? :facepalm:

These photos convinced me to stay away, actually.

hempfest2.jpg

091413freedomrallymh01.jpg

Last edited:
I am curious, but how do I go about finding out? I am not a concert goer, so perhaps I should go to some events like Seattle HempFest.

But why do I want 2nd hand pot smoke? :facepalm:

Play it safe and legal, and plan a weekend getaway trip to Denver, and you can find all your answers! Seriously though, smelling that stuff is not worth putting on your "bucket list". Though not the same type of smell, it has about as enjoyable aroma as an old mans fart has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never danced with the devil in the pale moonlight.

Never eaten at a Waffle House:(

But you can bet it is high on my bucket list....

Never eaten at a Waffle House:(

Long ago, I was part of a group that pretty much lived with tongue in cheek. The group was called SPERMFLOW. The Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Remembering Millard Fillmore, Last Of the Whigs. The original impetus was a discussion where we agreed that Millard Fillmore had been the most mediocre president the USA had ever seen.

We met monthly at what we considered "the most mediocre restaurant" (i.e., Waffle House) on the most mediocre avenue in that city. They were always happy to see us pile in and take over the place for a couple of hours. What a great memory!

It is not too late to start, is it? Er, I mean the 1) not the 2).

Of course, its never too late. I'm afraid however that an attempt in that direction would result in an early termination of my most enjoyable ER. I mean after all if one acquires a harem don't you have to support them somehow? that would mean going back to work... Since that's the antitheses of ER - NO WAY JOSE!

Of course, its never too late. I'm afraid however that an attempt in that direction would result in an early termination of my most enjoyable ER. I mean after all if one acquires a harem don't you have to support them somehow? that would mean going back to work... Since that's the antitheses of ER - NO WAY JOSE!

So, in a way, it's too late! ;)

However, I am sure that you are as I am, meaning we never want a harem in the 1st place. Forget about the financial hardship, having just one missus occasionally seems tough enough, let alone a few more. It might just take away one's will to live.

So, in a way, it's too late! ;)

However, I am sure that you are as I am, meaning we never want a harem in the 1st place. Forget about the financial hardship, having just one missus occasionally seems tough enough, let alone a few more. It might just take away one's will to live.

Dunno, I hear some of the menfolk that follow the original version of a certain religion that seemed to promote such things live a long, long time....

Funny, it occurred to me the other day that I have never been to Oklahoma either. That and maybe 3 other states. Something to shoot for!

... watched American Idol
... watched Survivor
... watched any "reality" TV show, for that matter
... watched an entire episode of CSI

anyway, you get the idea

... went to a rock concert

Pot etc.

About drugs... permit some ancient history... triggered more often these days.
In 1957, I was a senior incollege. My fraternity pledged a young man from Brazil, whose dad owned one of those immense cattle farms and was obviously very wealthy... His name was as long as he was short, and we used to make him say it as part of hazing... Bernardo Yuan Ramon Ortiz de Montellano Lamb Quinto. At 18 years old he had a century of experiences all over the world... most recently running with Dr. Timothy Leary, trying mushrooms, in Mexico, and previously spending a year traveling part time with Jack Kerouac.
He regaled us with stories of poetry around campfires and taking the high road.
In our school at the time... no use of pot at all... Sophisticated as we were, drugs were a mystery. Booze, a different story.

More recently... around 1971, DW and I along with 2 of our kids went to a performance at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center to see the Carpenters. The entrance way was a mass of thousands of people to go through four ticket booths...($2.75 tickets as I recall)... We were jammed, belly to bum in the teeming crowd... mostly teens.

DW began with... in a small voice... "Do you smell something?"... "No"... "I smell something"... "No"..." I tell you I smell something"... "No"... (Louder now) "I do smell something... it's smoke"... (I had figured it out)... "Shhh, its nothing"... (now the panic starts)... "Something's BURNING!".... "Shhh"... "It's okay, nothing's burning"... "Something's BURNING... It's a FIRE!!!"... "No, it's okay"... (next in a terrified loud, loud voice) "It's a FIRE!... FIRE!...FIRE"...
The crowd moves away leaving us in a little open circle... moi, DW and two kids... Hysterical laughter all around us... Our first, first hand experience with the banned substance... It was our last experience with pot... second hand, at that.

On the other hand, I am quite passionate about mushrooms. :blush:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom