What Did You Eat Today?

Breakfast:
2 cups coffee with sugarfree creamer

Lunch: (restaurant, 4PM)
green house salad with fork-dipped Italian dressing
1 bowl shrimp and corn chowder
unsweetened iced tea

Dinner:
Nothing, though I haven't ruled out a small bedtime snack.

Sunday:

Breakfast: Bowl of Cheerios and glass of orange juice. Two cups of coffee.
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: At 3 PM met daughter and family at Kobe Japanese steakhouse.
Get together for grandson who is leaving this week for the Navy.
One of those places where they cook the dinner right in front of
you on this giant griddle. Quite entertaining and tasty. Mixture
of chichen, steak, shrimp, rice, noodles, mixed veggies. Really
enjoyed that and will have to do it again shortly.

Breakfast:
Glass of OJ
2 eggs scrambled with broken tortilla chips, cheddar, salsa, salt & pepper
2 cups black coffee

Lunch:
Amy's Cheese Enchiladas (frozen)
Dr Pepper

Dinner:
Homemade lasagna (Giada de Laurentis recipe)
Steamed broccoli
Glass of Shiraz

What do I win?

Last edited:
Breakfast:
Homemade granola
Orange juice

Lunch:
BBQ jackfruit sandwiches (vegan way of simulating pulled pork)
Cabbage slaw

Dinner:
Veggie chili
Cornbread
Salad

Cookies for dessert

Breakfast: Strawberries, blueberries with Greek yogurt and walnuts
Lunch: lintels made with a Trader Joe's Indian sauce over bastami rice and a tangerine
Dinner: homemade chicken soup from my freezer

Breakfast: bacon/mushroom/cheese omelet with a cup of tea
Lunch : a few almonds
Supper: CrockPot mess of beans/rice/many vegetables/pork chop

Breakfast: Toasted bagel & Philly cream cheese, and a couple cups o' coffee. Oh, and the restaurant is celebrating their 30-something anniversary, so I had a free piece of German chocolate cake too!

Lunch: Double cheeseburger & fries, and a Mountain Dew at our favorite little neighborhood store (across town) that is closing it's doors Friday when the owners retire. I'm sad that the store is closing, but happy for Mac & Nan's retirement!

Dinner: A big bowl of cream chicken vegetable soup.

And for snacks throughout the day, I had my usual....a banana, a couple of tangerines, a fist full of nuts, and a glass of tomato juice.

Breakfast: ElderTang (orange Metamucil) followed by decaf coffee
Lunch: Tuna with celery salad and American cheese sandwich and a very small amount of potato chips
Dinner: Beanies and wienies, made in the crockpot. This is one of Mr B's favorite food combos. :ROFLMAO:

Dinner: Beanies and wienies, made in the crockpot. This is one of Mr B's favorite food combos. :ROFLMAO:
Evertime you say "Mr. B", I think of the late great Billy Eckstein, sometimes called Mr. B. He wore very stylish clothing, and a certain type of wide spread shirt collar that he wore with those very slim ties became known as the Mr.B collar. (I read that he designed and promoted this style). Anyway, if your Mr B is anywhere near as cool as the original, you have hit paydirt.

Ha

Yesterday, I had oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon and coffee for breakfast. Lunch was an apple and some mixed nuts. Dinner was a bowl of chili with a slice of whole grain bread and my dessert was grapes, vanilla yogurt and Kashi Go Lean Crunch.

I am glad that I resurrected this thread. I enjoy seeing what other people eat and it makes me think, Oh Yeah, I need to make some of that. Other foods I am curious about the taste, since I have never eaten it. I need to go back to the Recipe thread and try some of your recipes. Some of them looked so tasty!

After morning workout, steak and eggs +coffee $5.50 +tip at my usual greasy spoon.

Breakfast: Toasted bagel with Philly cream cheese and a couple cups o' coffee.

Lunch: Pastrami on pumpernickel bread, a banana, and a glass o' milk.

Dinner: We're going to the neighborhood restaurant for broiled steaks with sauteed 'shrooms, baked taters, very large tossed salads with v&o dressing, iced tea, and cake & ice cream!

And my typical snacks of nuts, apple sauce, a tangerine or two, a glass of tomato juice, and I already had my banana.

Breakfast: strawberries, blueberries, Greek yogurt and coffee
Lunch: roasted veggies (carrots, brussel sprouts, red pepper) and salmon and a dish of ice cream
Dinner: don't know yet...maybe popcorn

Breakfast: 4 eggs with salsa, 2 slices toast, pineapple, strawberries
Lunch: jimmy johns turkey sub and potato chips
Dinner: steak and lettuce salad or popcorn - not sure yet

breakfast: 2 breakfast Taquitos from Whataburger & coffee
lunch: 2 hotdogs with mustard & coleslaw, some banana nut bread from mom
dinner: undecided

update: dinner...1 hamburger & 1 cookie, water.

Last edited:
Breakfast: coffee, orange juice, cereal
Lunch: leftover lasagna
Dinner: grilled chicken kebobs (marinated overnight in Aleppo pepper and yogurt); couscous; white wine

breakfast...who gets up that early?
lunch.....bowl of cereal.
dinner...TBD. Will choose from an Italian menu. I do know I'll match my lipstick with the Pinot Noir I'll be drinking. :)

Breakfast: the rest of the chicken gizzards with some pasta and vegetables
Lunch: some almonds
Supper: Sliced apple with mixed nuts and yogurt

Breakfast: Nothing but orange juice and coffee. Had the coffee on the way to the golf course.

Lunch: No lunch, just a pack of cheese crackers on the course.

Dinner: DW tried something different. She gets tired of cooking and we were talking about doing something that would be easier. The other day at the store we bought a 16oz pack of prepared sirloin tips. Just had to heat them in the microwave. $7.00 Also purchased a pack of fresh pasta
(linguini) $2.70. She added a small can of sliced mushrooms and we were good to go. Have to try a little better seasoning to make this work right but it was very good for about $11.

Of course, I do the cleanup and that wasn't much easier. Overall, I think we're onto something that we will do a couple times a week. In the case where they had the beef tips, there were many other dishes to try like meat loaf, mashed potatoes, chicken. We're going to try these other things also. This was Publix's supermarket and they had a variety of their own prepared dishes we will be trying.

Breakfast: ElderTang (orange Metamucil) followed by decaf coffee
Lunch: Tuna with celery salad and American cheese sandwich and a very small amount of potato chips

That orange metamucil is really good if made with about one quarter cranberry juice substituted for some of the water.

We really do like to share, huh?

Anyway, I just put two big, live crabs in the pot for a nice Valentines dinner. They were nice and fresh, and fighting for their lives.

I made some Carbquik brownies and some chocolates also. Plus I gave Lena some Chocoperfection bars for V day.

Back
Top Bottom