What Did You Eat Today?

breakfast....cup of tea
lunch........bowl of cereal
dinner.......burrito filled with sautéed jalapeno peppers and onions, spinach, ricotta cheese and topped with salsa.

Breakfast: Toasted bagel with Philly cream cheese, and a glass of milk.

Lunch: Made a sandwich with leftover ham.

Dinner: Leftover chicken vegetable noodle soup and a tossed salad.

Snacks: Banana, 2 tangerines, apple sauce, nuts, dry puffed wheat cereal.

Breakfast: homemade oatmeal scones, coffee
Lunch: Hungarian Stoup, salad
Dinner: Black bean casserole, corn bread

Breakfast: Bran flakes and blueberries.

Lunch: Bowl of lentil soup and corn muffin and some mixed nuts

Dinner: Five Guys Burgers and Fries (They just opened in our town) While we were sitting there eating, looked over and saw Naticakes and decided to go there also. I had blueberry frozen yogurt without sugar and a berry sorbet. Everything was delicious!

Breakfast: coffee with fat-free vanilla creamer (does fat-free help if you use a LOT?)
Lunch: Ham sub from Jimmy John's (freaky fast delivery)
Dinner: home made cream of cauliflower soup (mmmmmm good)

Breakfast: Bran flakes and blueberries.

Lunch: Bowl of lentil soup and corn muffin and some mixed nuts

Dinner: Five Guys Burgers and Fries (They just opened in our town) While we were sitting there eating, looked over and saw Naticakes and decided to go there also. I had blueberry frozen yogurt without sugar and a berry sorbet. Everything was delicious!

Love 5 Guys! But by the time my burger is ready, I've had too many peanuts!

Breakfast: Toasted bagel with Philly cream cheese, and a couple cups of coffee.

Lunch: Hebrew National all beef jumbo hotdog on a bun with mustard, and a glass of milk.

Dinner: 1/2 pound patty melt on grilled rye, and a side of fresh lightly battered onion rings at a little hole-in-the-wall joint about 10 miles out in the boonies! The joint has great freshly made food (everything is always fresh....never frozen) and a fantastic salad bar......and the place is ALWAYS packed!!!

Breakfast: toast w/ peanut butter, yogurt w/mixed berries and granola
Lunch: all-beef hotdog, salad, fresh strawberries, carrots
Dinner: honey-glazed salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, glazed vegies
Snack: handful of peanuts, iced-tea w/lemon, diet coke

Breakfast: cereal and banana, coffee
Lunch: Chicken spaghetti, peas and salad
Dinner: Going to the club tonight for a cold one. Will probably order a small appetizer.

Ok, broke down & went to McDonald's around 2 pm. Big Mac meal, fries, diet Coke.

Dinner: Wife & I went to a local bbq joint. 1/2 chicken, beans, cole slaw, Texas toast. Iced tea.

Breakfast: Toasted bagel with Philly cream cheese, milk, and coffee, then hopped in the car and started our annual jaunt to Florida!!! :)

Lunch: Mickey D's fish sandwich, fries, and a Dr. Pepper.

Dinner: "5:30 Kick Back Menu" at the Drury Inn in Paducah, Ky....Plate full of tossed salad with Italian dressing, carrot sticks, chips & salsa & jalapeño peppers, hotdog with mustard & pickle relish, big baked tater with melted cheese slathered over it, non-alcohol Bloody Mary, a glass of milk, and a cup of coffee.

Also had a banana this afternoon while driving, and have a box of Krispy Kremes we're gonna delve into in a little while!!!! Mmmmm!!!!

BTW, the "5:30 Kick Back Menu" is included FREE with your stay at Drury Inns.....the same as breakfast is at many hotels. You also get 3 drink tickets per guest, good for 3 glass of beer, wine, or mixed drinks....most locations for FREE, or at some (like this one in Paducah) $0.50-$1.00 each.

The menu offerings change daily.

Felt like "something different" so we bough 10 oysters. Boiled half and ate half of them raw.

We have two live dungeness crabs playing in the garage for tonight.

We had oysters on the grill last night.........collected the oysters from the bay our rental house is on, and put them on the grill until they popped open. Added a little lemon and hot sauce........yum, they were great. Today I caught a couple of seatrout from the same bay, and I'll turn those into dinner for tomorrow. We love eating fresh seafood when we are down here on the Gulf for part of the winter, because we can't get it when we get back to Michigan.

Breakfast: Bran flakes with blueberries and coffee.

Lunch: Went to Empty Bowls which is a fundraiser for various food pantries. You get a cool pottery bowl, various soups are donated by many restaurants, there are different breads and rolls on your table and a platter of different cookies plus your drink of choice. I had a small bowl of Spicy Chicken soup, Creamy Tomato with Basil and Ratatoulle (not sure of spelling), 2 rolls, 1 cookie, water and a cup of coffee.

Dinner: Mixed nuts and a bowl of grapes, vanilla yogurt and Kashi Crunch cereal.

RAE said:
We had oysters on the grill last night.........collected the oysters from the bay our rental house is on, and put them on the grill until they popped open. Added a little lemon and hot sauce........yum, they were great. Today I caught a couple of seatrout from the same bay, and I'll turn those into dinner for tomorrow. We love eating fresh seafood when we are down here on the Gulf for part of the winter, because we can't get it when we get back to Michigan.

Around here "sea trout" is the common name for kelp greenlings. Is that what you caught, or something else?

Breakfast: old standby...berries, Greek yogurt, walnuts, sprinkling of Fiber One, coffee
Lunch: black beans and rice
Dinner: making homemade chicken soup and extra for the freezer

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage patty, bagel with Philly cream cheese, milk, and coffee...in our Paducah hotel.

Lunch: Big Mac, fries, and sweet tea at a Pilot Travel Center.

Dinner: We went to Ruby Tuesday's and I had Chicken & Mushroom Pasta and their glorious salad bar!!! Washed down with raspberry iced tea....made with fresh raspberries complete with the seeds!!!

And today:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage patty, blueberry muffin, milk, and coffee...in our Marietta hotel.

No Lunch

Dinner: Going to Cracker Barrel for some 'down home' something or 'nother.

Yesterday:

breakfast: cup of tea, buttered bread
lunch: Schlotzsky's original sandwich
dinner: salad (greens, grilled bison, roasted potatoes, hard-boiled egg) with vinaigrette dressing

Today:
breakfast: cup of tea
lunch: chicken sandwich (mustard, roasted chicken, cheddar, greens)
dinner: roasted chicken, pasta, and green salad with vinaigrette dressing

Breakfast: bacon mushroom cheese omelet, cup of tea
Lunch: some fresh pineapple
Supper: large bowl of noodle/vegetable/fish soup

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, coffee

Lunch: 1 hamburger patty, salad + 3 oz. roast turkey/a little cheese, a little ranch dressing (low cal) olive oil & vinegar.

Supper: TBD

Over the weekend, I discovered, after not checking my blood sugar level for awhile, that it was quite elevated. Time to get real.

Last edited:
Over the weekend, I discovered, after not checking my blood sugar level for awhile, that it was quite elevated. Time to get real.
Hang in there Marty...feel positive about taking control. :)

Back
Top Bottom