What Did You Eat Today?

Just finished assembling and eating my 11 (minus 2) pepper lasagna. (for the sake of the DW and friends, I eliminated the serrano and habanero peppers.) The chipotle, jalapeno, and pablanos still delivered a nice kick along with the bell (green, yellow, orange, and red), cubanelle, and banana peppers. :dance:

And the best thing, we have left overs!!

This succulent baby is just about done...:D
I was unable to remove the neck from the duck's interior when I put it in the oven partially frozen.
Have fun with the inevitable comments...:cool:

Attachments

• roastduckorange.jpg
    roastduckorange.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 6
No Irish blood in my vein, but we are going to have corned beef, cabbage and potato on this St. Patrick day. Bought those at "Fresh and Easy" market earlier today.

Wife is putting potatoes in the corned beef broth as I write this. Got some Irish beers to wash it down too.

breakfast....cup of coffee
lunch....chicken salad
supper....Moussaka, a garden salad topped with Feta cheese, a glass of Pinot Noir....nummy....:)

This succulent baby is just about done...:D
I was unable to remove the neck from the duck's interior when I put it in the oven partially frozen.
Have fun with the inevitable comments...:cool:

OMG! Redduck, please post something to let us know if you are still around!

Had this cauli-mash with the reheated leg of lamb last night. Delicious. I doubled the cream cheese and garlic (roasted it) and substituted Swiss cheese for the parmesan. I added lots of drippings from the lamb roast from yesterday.

Ingredients

• 1 medium head cauliflower
  • 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter

Directions

Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.

Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.

In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, vanilla, peanut butter, hot chocolate mix, and jelly.

Sack lunch of leftover quiche on 12 grain bread with ranch dressing and a bowl of brown rice topped with stir fried pork loin, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, light curry sauce, light BBQ sauce, olive oil with herbs.

Dinner: Cold minced pork loin on cold rice with ranch dressing and sesame dressing.

Late dessert: Bowl of cereal with bananas and fresh strawberries.

seasoned pasta left over from Easter

Half a grilled chicken breast sandwich on hot French bread at a little Italian place we both like

Attachments

• GiorlandosChickenSandwich.jpg
    GiorlandosChickenSandwich.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Had this cauli-mash with the reheated leg of lamb last night.

This is one of my favorite ways to do cauliflower! My recipe is slightly different amounts, but the same concept. So yummy!

So far only breakfest, lunch maybe or not. Dinner should be great, DW is cooking, not me.

coffee for breakfast
home made chocolate chip cookies for lunch
sketti, meetbawls and wine...bodee dee odee...for supper

Peanut Butter Pandemonium...vanilla ice cream with swirls of peanut butter, chocolate and tiny peanut butter/chocolate bits.
Sick girls get ice cream, right? :D

12 oz. ribeye at Texas Roadhouse. Took my wife, daughter & hubby & grand daughter (5 months), plus step-son. I was able to combine daughter & step-son's birthdays, plus Mother's Day for my wife, all into one single meal...lol. Much cheaper that way. Total bill including tip was $120. Ribeye's for all 5 adults, plus baked potatoes, salads & 2 appetizers, as well as the traditional "Happy Birthday song" at the table by the Roadhouse crew....lol. I tell ya, I know how to throw a party ;)

Update: 2 strawberry Moonpies and a glass of milk!

Last edited:
DD made a delicious Shepard's pie that was enjoyed by all. It sure beats the crowds at the resturants:)

No breakfast
A small slice of quiche for lunch
Pan fried catfish and baked potato...the slaw, tarter sauce and hushpuppies were homemade.

Iz full. :blush:

Attachments

• DSC03815.jpg
    DSC03815.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
No breakfast
A small slice of quiche for lunch
Pan fried catfish and baked potato...the slaw, tarter sauce and hushpuppies were homemade.

Iz full. :blush:

Wow, that looks like some mighty fine home-cooking! That catfish looks to be cooked perfectly, and home-made slaw and hush-puppies? - mmmmm. DW makes great slaw, but I'm not sure us Northerner's would know how to properly cook hushpuppies, but I've had 'em down South, and they are a great side dish.

Your breakfast and lunch choices would leave something to be desired for me, but that dinner would more than make up for it!

-ERD50

Wow, that looks like some mighty fine home-cooking! That catfish looks to be cooked perfectly, and home-made slaw and hush-puppies? - mmmmm. DW makes great slaw, but I'm not sure us Northerner's would know how to properly cook hushpuppies, but I've had 'em down South, and they are a great side dish.

Your breakfast and lunch choices would leave something to be desired for me, but that dinner would more than make up for it!

-ERD50
Thank you so much. :flowers:

I've made feeble attempts cooking up homemade hushpuppies in the past, and they've all been disasters. As a matter of fact, my last attempt was more than 20 years ago.

I'm not sure if it was the great recipe I found or the additional years of cooking experience....but they tasted so fine.

I'll keep the recipe handy and will scare up some more in case y'all are ever down my way. :greetings10:

Last edited:
Salmon steaks x2, salad, rhubarb sauce made with Stevia.

Ha

We are having gluten free pizza (me celiac her intolerant) DW makes. Much better and cheaper than one can get at a restaurant. She loads it up!

Homemade Mac&Cheese (from the freezer)
Honey wheat pretzels and melted American cheese slices as a dip
White tortilla chips and melted sharp white cheddar cheese
6 chocolate Easter eggs (miniatures)

All portions were small. It was a snacking day.

Breakfast: Steelcut oatmeal with berries, bananas, and walnuts

Lunch: eggplant croquettes, curried sweet potato soup, cucumber tomato salad with home-made honey mustard dressing

Dinner:
take out - pizza and beer!

salmon, turnip greens, salad, eggs, coffee.

Yesterday I had leftover food from Friday. Lamb chops, sausage (bison and duck), quinoa, and day old sangria. The fruit in the sangria was very tasty - definitely better after another night soaking up wine.

Last night we had Blue Crab cakes and soft shelled crabs. Delicious.

Back
Top Bottom