What Did You Eat Today?

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, a sausage patty, a few strips of bacon, biscuit with strawberry jam, fruit cocktail, o.j., milk, and coffee.

Lunch: A fried seafood platter that included a large fish fillet, scallops, shrimps, hushpuppies, slaw, and raspberry ice tea.

Dinner: a Mickey D's Double Quarter Piunder with cheese, fries, and a Shamrock Shake.

Snacks: Banana, orange, and pecans.

breakfast...cup of coffee
lunch.........glass of V-8
dinner........tuna fish sandwich and a few potato chips

Some days I'm not very hungry at all.

Breakfast: nothing
Lunch: chicken sandwich (whole wheat bread, mustard, grilled chicken, cheddar, greens)
Dinner: green lentil stew with roasted chicken and a glass of St. Emilion 2004 to celebrate an important milestone.

Around here "sea trout" is the common name for kelp greenlings. Is that what you caught, or something else?

I caught a couple of spotted seatrout......known locally here on the Texas Gulf Coast as speckled trout, or "specks". Here is more information on them: Cynoscion nebulosus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are one of the two fish species that I am catching often down here - the other one being redfish (red drum). Both are good eating. The locals generally prefer to catch and eat seatrout, but the redfish are a lot more fun to catch (for me anyway), as they are a much stronger fish.

I ended up making fish cakes out of the seatrout I caught yesterday......they were great. Here is the recipe I used:

Charleston Sea Trout Cakes
1 lb sea trout fillets, cooked and diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
½ red pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 small red potatoes, cooked and diced
1 egg, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
½ teaspoon seafood seasoning
dash Worcestershire sauce
dash hot sauce
olive oil
Mix all ingredients except oil, and blend well. Form into cakes. Heat olive oil on the stove and sauté cakes lightly on both sides. Don't overcook, serve as soon as cakes are golden brown. Serves 4.

Breakfast: granola and OJ
Lunch: vegetable lo mein
Dinner: tofu and collard green chowder and quinoa

Breakfast: decaf coffee with lots of 2% milk and a little sugar, daily dose of ElderTang ;)
Lunch: A nice huge bowl of leftover NE clam chowder with a dozen Ritz crackers
Dinner: 3 glasses of Sangria, 4 squares of dark chocolate and 2 hot dogs (no bread or cheese)

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, a sausage patty, a few strips of bacon, biscuit with strawberry jam, fruit cocktail, o.j., milk, and coffee.

Lunch: A fried seafood platter that included a large fish fillet, scallops, shrimps, hushpuppies, slaw, and raspberry ice tea.

Dinner: a Mickey D's Double Quarter Piunder with cheese, fries, and a Shamrock Shake.

Snacks: Banana, orange, and pecans.

Damn Goonie....you & I might be relatives..lol! I ate just like you, until now...

My fasting blood sugar hitting 200 has scared the #@%*% out of me. I have other symptoms, but have been ignoring them. Your post above has me salivating, though!:(

Damn Goonie....you & I might be relatives..lol! I ate just like you, until now...

My fasting blood sugar hitting 200 has scared the #@%*% out of me. I have other symptoms, but have been ignoring them. Your post above has me salivating, though!:(

Yesterday was a little out of my norm...not a lot, but some. My breakfasts are usually about the same...almost always eggs of some sort, and only ocassionally bacon,sausage, or ham. When I'm home it's usually an omelet with spinach, jalapeño pepper, and mushrooms, or a toasted bagel with cream cheese. But traveling disrupts the norm somewhat.

Also normally lunch is rather light or nonexistent...fruit, nuts, some other light snacks, and maybe a hotdog or lunch meat sandwich. For snacking between meals and in the late evening, I eat a LOT of fresh fruit & veggies, and nuts, Our main meal is almost always in the evening, and normally only deep-fried one night per week. The norm is most often chicken, fish, or fairly lean meat, veggies, and a BIG salad with v&o or vinaigrette. We'll be having most of the rest of our meals either grilled or broiled for the rest of trip here in FL, and in Nashville on the way back home.

Thus far, just sgy of 55, I have no problems with my blood sugar, and my cholesterol & triglycerides are in acceptable range. B/P is normally between 110/60 and 120/70. Though I could easily stand to lose some weight, my Doc says it's nothing to be overly concerned about.

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, coffee

Lunch: Salad (lettuce, carrots, radish, cabbage, cheddar cheese, 3 oz. turkey breast, lo-fat ranch, olive oil & vinegar), one plum, water.

Supper: TBD

Yesterday was a little out of my norm...not a lot, but some. My breakfasts are usually about the same...almost always eggs of some sort, and only ocassionally bacon,sausage, or ham. When I'm home it's usually an omelet with spinach, jalapeño pepper, and mushrooms, or a toasted bagel with cream cheese. But traveling disrupts the norm somewhat.

Also normally lunch is rather light or nonexistent...fruit, nuts, some other light snacks, and maybe a hotdog or lunch meat sandwich. For snacking between meals and in the late evening, I eat a LOT of fresh fruit & veggies, and nuts, Our main meal is almost always in the evening, and normally only deep-fried one night per week. The norm is most often chicken, fish, or fairly lean meat, veggies, and a BIG salad with v&o or vinaigrette. We'll be having most of the rest of our meals either grilled or broiled for the rest of trip here in FL, and in Nashville on the way back home.

Thus far, just sgy of 55, I have no problems with my blood sugar, and my cholesterol & triglycerides are in acceptable range. B/P is normally between 110/60 and 120/70. Though I could easily stand to lose some weight, my Doc says it's nothing to be overly concerned about.

Wow! While we do have similar taste in foods, we apparently don't share any genetics... I take Benicar for my BP, to keep it in the range you indicated above. Not a big dosage, I believe it's 20 mg. My blood sugar and my BP, as well as my cholesterol will hopefully at least be reduced if I can shake about 50 lbs. I am 54 yrs old.

A couple years ago I cut down drastically on my intake of eggs, cheese, and that sort of thing for about a year or so...figured I'd 'live healthy'. Then one day I decided the heck with it, and went back to my eggs and cheese and what-not.

Comparing blood work results from before cutting back, those during the year I cut back, and those after going back to eggs, etc, my Doc and I found that my LDL was lower & HDL higher WITH eggs in my diet! Which was really good news to me, because I LOVE eggs!!!

BTW, I'm also 54, and a 50# weight loss would fit me pretty good too....but then all my clothes would be baggy! ;)

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, sausage patty, homemade banana-walnut muffin, fresh fruit cocktail, milk, and coffee.

Lunch: went to a smallish hole in the wall joint next to a local marina, and had a nice tossed salad with bleucheese dressing, 'Marie's Paella'....scallops, shrimps, clams, oysters, and spicy sausage, with a homemade marinara sauce, served over a bed of yellow rice, and a couple glasses of iced tea.....allwhile sitting at an outside table on the dock! NICE!!!

Dinner: Bagel with Philly cream cheese, a chocolate pudding cup, and a small glass of milk.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon and coffee.

Lunch: Apple and mixed nuts and water

Dinner: Probably a meatloaf sandwich on toast and a glass of milk. (Same as last night) I love meatloaf and don't make it that often, but always make 2 when I do.

I think that I would faint from hunger, if I ate like some people on here and I would also balloon up if I ate as much as other people do.

Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, a couple of small pancakes with just a light drizzle of syrup, a small bowl of fresh fruit cocktail, a glass of milk, and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: An orange, a handful of nuts, and an all-beef hotdog.

Dinner: Two large pieces of grilled fresh swordfish, slaw, and fries.

My snack later will be ALDI's version of Oreo cookies and a glass of milk! :0

Breakfast: berries/Greek yogurt, Fiber One sprinkles, walnuts and coffee

Lunch: arugula salad w/orange juice&olive oil dressing, orange slices with two sunny side up eggs on top

Dinner: 6" Subway Club sandwich w/lotsa veggies and Sun Chips

Breakfast: A fantastic 3 egg omelet with fresh jalapeño peppers, fresh spinach, fresh mushrooms, cheese, & ham, along with some home fries, whole wheat toast, a glass of milk, and a couple cups of coffee!!! It was the absolute BEST omelet that I've ever had at any restaurant!!!

No Lunch

Dinner: Bar-B-Q baby back ribs that were falling of the bone tender, 1/4 smoked chicken, tossed salad with v&o dressing, fries, and a huge glass of ice water!

No snacks today either!

Had a disastrous day as far as eating and sticking to my diet goes...don't even ask!

I SWEAR I'll do better tomorrow though...!!!

Had a disastrous day as far as eating and sticking to my diet goes...don't even ask!

I SWEAR I'll do better tomorrow though...!!!

I probably didn't eat that many calories, but what I ate wasn't that great. Just coffee for breakfast, and then lunch at a new restaurant and I didn't like it. The BBQ chicken breast was sort of OK, but kind of dry, stringy, tough, and a little blah. It was so dry that I put extra BBQ sauce on it to moisten it, even though I don't like BBQ sauce.:sick: The cole slaw tasted like library paste. :eek: I couldn't eat it so I gave it to Frank. For dinner I had a Stouffers turkey and mashed potato dinner. No snacks.

Life is short; I can do better than this! Especially living in New Orleans, for heaven's sake. That reminds me. I need to mention to Frank that I don't like the food at that restaurant. We are trying different restaurants, just to get out of our "rut", but this one really bombed. It wasn't even that cheap.

Last edited:
Breakfast: croissant and cup of tea
Lunch: chicken sandwich (roasted chicken, mustard, spinach, cheddar, whole wheat bread)
Dinner: marinated flank steak, mashed potatoes, spinach salad with vinaigrette dressing.

Just pulled two baskets of vegetables (onion, green and yellow peppers, asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower), off the grill. Seasoned with red pepper, basil, and oregano. Delicious!

Breakfast: 2 eggs over-easy, 2 turkey sausage patties, grits with butter & black pepper, fried apples, 2 biscuits, milk, and coffee.

No Lunch

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms & parmagiana alfredo sauce, baked mac & cheese, and raspberry iced tea loaded with fresh raspberries!!!

Bedtime Snack: 1 custard filled Krispy Kreme doughnut, 1 original glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut hot of the machine, and a nice tall cold glass of milk!!!

Breakfast - decaf coffee with sugar and 2% milk, Eldertang ;)

Lunch - leftover Beanies & Wienies (homemade baked beans and sliced hot dogs)

Dinner - Shrimp baked with olive oil, fresh basil, oregano, fresh ground tricolor peppercorns and Asiago cheese, with a side of rice pilaf (powdered chicken base, turmeric and black pepper)

We are both drooling over the smell coming from the convection oven...:whistle:

UPDATE: Yuuuummmmmy :)

Attachments

• shrimprice.jpg
    shrimprice.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom