What do you pay for a haircut?

$0.00

Thank God my best girl friend from high school and I are still good friends. She works at a trendy salon and cuts my hair for free. Okay, well, she still probably has a crush me.

Actually, I'll buy her a coffee or lunch/dinner once in a while as payback, but that is nowhere near how much she charges males for a haircut ($65 + tip).

I used to pay ~$12 before seeing her consistently.

About hair coloring - -

Last year I got a huge promotion at work. Women at my present level at my work pay $120-$150 every six weeks at the hairdresser (they all dye their hair because they are all of an age where their natural color is gray, and just about all of them go to the same salon because it is the best around).

I actually like my gray/white hair and it looks natural with my skin. Now, if I was still on the way up, I might reluctantly consider going to that salon and having it colored. But since I plan to ER in less than 23 months, there is no way I am going to spend my hard-earned money to meet someone else's idea of what makes a 59-year-old woman look good. I guess I'm just a rebel! :cool:

I've seen some women look great with gray hair .I'm not one of them .The color actually gives my hair body .A good friend of mine stopped coloring her hair and when she went to the doctor's with her boyfriend they asked if she was his mother .That would have me running back to the bottle .

$14 plus $6 tip, includes shaving (with a straight edge razor), back massage, and hot towel. I love getting my haircut every 3 months from the ladies who run this shop which has around 10 chairs. My father was a barber for many years and getting a haircut brings back good memories for me.

Back
Top Bottom