What does money mean to you?

I hope the banks are backing up their systems, in real time!

Sure they are. They get audited every year.

Don't worry the zombies will help recovering the data.;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

A means to an end!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

It means the freedom to do what "I" want to do. Having a constant amount of funds provides the security needed to maintain that freedom.

I use it as a medium of exchange and for storage of wealth. Otherwise, could care less about it.

To me, money means security, options and comfort--and if we are talking about a whole lot of money, it means stunning women. (But, that really does mean having a whole lot of money--at least in my case).

Last edited:
You know what it means to you when you don't have any.

It pays the bills and provides the thrills....

I use it as a medium of exchange and for storage of wealth. Otherwise, could care less about it.

That's why I want even more of it, even though I am OK with my lifestyle now and doubt that I would change the way I live much if I were to have suddenly, say, 10X or 100X more.

It is because if my stash shrinks to 60c on the dollar like what happened in 2008, my WR changes from 3.5% to 5.8%, and that impacts my serenity. Instead, if my WR changes from 0.35% to 0.58%, or 0.035% to 0.058%, I think I would sleep better. Would you not?

OK, OK, if I suddenly have 100X, I would be tempted to spend more, and most likely would. But I guarantee you that my WR would be a lot lower than the 3.5% now. What do you think Buffett's WR is? Does he run FIRECalc after every market downturn like we do? See my point?

Last edited:
Money, and my fairly conservative WR, means the potential to one day have enough of it to buy myself a gasoline-powered turtleneck sweater, or a fur-lined sink.

I might even purchase some frivolous things too :)

Liquidity

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Security and a little worry thrown in from time to time.

Money, and my fairly conservative WR, means the potential to one day have enough of it to buy myself a gasoline-powered turtleneck sweater, or a fur-lined sink.

I might even purchase some frivolous things too :)

The means to spend it on wine, women, and song. The rest you can waste.

Back
Top Bottom