What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I just ordered:

1) AA "Amazon Basics" batteries
2) AAA "Amazon Basics" batteries
3) Centrum vitamins
4) Viactiv calcium supplements
5) a bath brush, and
6) nonfat dry milk.

Six things, arriving on four different days. :facepalm: Granted, a lot of them are from third party sellers.

This pretty much clears out my list of things I should get around to ordering sometime but hadn't.

A 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter.

A refrigerator overload compressor module and start relay switch to hopefully repair one of my wine fridges.

I think RobbieB suggested this. THANKS Robbie. I was getting a headache trying to choose for myself. Amazon same day delivery is amazing:

Tribet XSound Go Bluetooth Speaker

Last edited:
My trusty Calphalon skillet has been losing its nonstick mojo for a while, and it just became too unpleasant to use in the last month or so. Got a new identical one from Amazon yesterday and it's just so delightful to have one that works the way it should. I use it nearly every day at least once, so it's a big deal for me. Around $40 and they last about four years, so that's a remarkably good deal IMHO.

They supposedly have a lifetime warranty but I just can't see going through the motions for something that small. Paying $10 a year for a great pan is well worth it.

36 volt battery charger to charge the batteries on the 23 ton switcher. One selector switch was bunged up, so I had to open the unit and fix the locking tab.
Checked the voltages and all are OK.

OK, I'll bite. You own a locomotive?

My trusty Calphalon skillet has been losing its nonstick mojo for a while, and it just became too unpleasant to use in the last month or so. Got a new identical one from Amazon yesterday and it's just so delightful to have one that works the way it should. I use it nearly every day at least once, so it's a big deal for me. Around $40 and they last about four years, so that's a remarkably good deal IMHO.

They supposedly have a lifetime warranty but I just can't see going through the motions for something that small. Paying $10 a year for a great pan is well worth it.

Do you have the Amazon link?

+1 on the joy of using a quality non-stick pan. I barely know anything about pans, but recently wanted a small non-stick one for my motorhome. A bit of reading convinced me that, for $15.50 from Amazon, an 8" Tramontina sauté pan was worth trying out. I have only used it twice, to cook breakfast omelets in my little RV but both times, it has exceeded expectations. The omelet fell out of the pan, and clean-up was so easy, it's barely worth mentioning. As I understand it, the 2 rules of using non-stick pans are -

1) Do not, under any circumstances, use anything abrasive on them (obvious) and

2) Do not subject them to overly high temperatures. Use only what heat you need to cook, and no more.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through my camper van doors, at the Pacific Ocean, with a cheese, bell pepper, and zucchini omelet, and a cuppa coffee. Perfect - and a quality non-stick pan only added to the experience.

Code reader for the check engine light. Used "points" to get it for $0 (was only ~$12 anyway). Indicated a very minor problem in the evap. system, so just cleared the code & it hasn't come back. Beats going to the shop.

OK, I'll bite. You own a locomotive?
Sort of. I am the Project Leader on the restoration of a 1941 GE switcher donated to our railroad society.. There are only two of us working on the project. My partner is a diesel mechanic, and I pull .together all the documentation we can find, and I handle the electrical portion.
I have attached a photo of the engine, and the story as to where we are right now. It has been a long haul.

Attachments

• IMG_5896.jpg
    IMG_5896.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 59
  • GE 23 TON SWITCH ENGINE STORY.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Ordered Carbon’s Original Malted Waffle mix. We’ve had a taste test to compare a few varieties of waffle mix and this one is the winner.

Do you have the Amazon link?

Sorry, I just saw your post.
This is the one I get:
https://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Contemporary-Hard-Anodized-Aluminum-Nonstick/dp/B00DE1C2V2/ref=sr_1_10?crid=J1GWHX3KTN5Z&keywords=calphalon+nonstick+frying+pans&qid=1570997015&sprefix=calphalon%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-10

If you want the glass cover for it, then order this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-1932339-Classic-Nonstick-Omelet/dp/B01APP1XJG/ref=sr_1_6?crid=J1GWHX3KTN5Z&keywords=calphalon+nonstick+frying+pans&qid=1570997015&sprefix=calphalon%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-6

For some strange reason, the one with the cover is currently cheaper than the one without. The cover lasts forever so I just get the new pan.

Was going to post this in peeves but it is Amazon.
I ordered something I needed, a jar opener and then bought one more thing-some cutting boards. Wanted them shipped together to solve my conscience about the last mile problem and asked to have them delivered on "Amazon day" so multiple things delivered on route. HA
Extra thing came boxed and on my door in am Monday. Looked for info today-"delivered" at 6;30 pm. Looked outside at 7 -nothing. Said many bad things. Tried to find a way to let them know-nope- they have no contact for that-just for returns.
Went out to go to mailbox just so I could say I checked and saw a package on my next door neighbors porch. Hmmm. They are not home. I go up to check and it is my name and package. So I took it home. But now I am a porch pirate and all . Too old and too fat for that to become a career.

HDMI switch, 1 foot cable, right angle adapters and a bunch of Hallowe'en treats. HDMI things so i can watch football and hockey out in the garage.

Air filters for my AC unit and water filters for my refrigerator. Two items that I order enough so that I only have to order once per year.

Coax cable tester, Coax A/B Switch and RG-6 compression connectors.

I'm hatching a plan to get FOX back over the air after a rescan of the channels dropped the station from my DVR.

A good sturdy mechanical kitchen timer which sticks to the fridge.

With each use, feels like I'm a safe cracker :cool:.

Attachments

• timer.jpg
    timer.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 58
A good sturdy mechanical kitchen timer which sticks to the fridge.

With each use, feels like I'm a safe cracker :cool:.

I love that!!! I wanna feel like a safe cracker too. :2funny: I put it on my wish list to maybe buy later on some time.

Back
Top Bottom