What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I did some black friday late last night. I ordered a cell phone booster, a fire tv stick for the remote, and some keto snack items.

The download version of TurboTax Deluxe last night. No issue with installation. And if the HD dies in the meantime I can download it again if needed so no real need for the CD anyway. Which is good, because the CD drive died a while back, blowing it out of dust didn't fix it, so unless some dire need arises I'm not going to replace it.

Also a five-quart jug of motor oil for the Honda, which has taken to using about two or three quarts between changes. Some double-sided sticky tape for R/C projects, and a couple containers of washers and screws of various sizes.

Did a few black friday things for Christmas gifts.
A new desktop PC for the wife's office so she can do Ancestry.com.
A large tabletop clock/calendar/day of the week display for my mother-in-law who has memory issues.
A set of 4 Victorinox 3.25 Inch Paring Knives.

More Purell sanitizing wipes for the car. More KN95 masks.

Five months' worth of the canned food my elderly felines eat. It was out of stock for weeks, and I almost ran out. I now have enough to last until the end of April, 2022. (Chewy, not Amazon)

All of the above are due to the Omicron variant. If it turns out to be very bad, I have zero interest in dealing with supply shortages for these items. If it doesn't turn out to be very bad, well, I will use all the stuff eventually. I am so over having to worry about shortages.

In addition, I ordered two items for my 83-year-old aunt who fell and broke her humerus two weeks ago:

Phone shoulder rest (bless her heart, she won't use a cell phone): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00275YXI6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

No Water Shampoo Caps (she swears by them):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CVJLPNX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
iPad Pro for the wife's Christmas present during the black Friday sale ($100 gift card). Did the same 5 years ago and that one is still going strong, so figured I'd do it again, and I'll get the hand me down.

The download version of TurboTax Deluxe last night. No issue with installation. And if the HD dies in the meantime I can download it again if needed so no real need for the CD anyway. Which is good, because the CD drive died a while back, blowing it out of dust didn't fix it, so unless some dire need arises I'm not going to replace it.

I'm a convert to download versions, especially from Amazon or Newegg. Your download information is available for years.

In other news, the last thing I bought were some C9 LED bulbs for my old fashioned Christmas lights. The string will drop from 200W to 25W in electric usage.

Just ordered a new 7.2 Home Theater AVR, after the 5.1 one I have had for maybe 10 years crapped out a few days ago. I use the sound system way more for music than I do movies/TV. I watch VERY little movies and TV. But I have had a hobby since high school of building sound systems, and this one was was impressive. Pre level out of the AVR to a 2800 watt amp powering a vented sub box built into the wall under the TV, plus a couple more sub cabinets under the floor in the basement ceiling. Even though we are technically down sizing, I couldn't imagine not having a high level system.

But was was amazing was how hard it was to even find a 5.1, 5.2 or even a 7.2 AVR. Everything available today is 11.2, even 13.2. Google Dolby Atmos if interested.

I ended up buying a Yamaha 7.2 refurbed AVR for $419 on Amazon.

A retirement card (friend is retiring 12/31)
Wrapping paper for retirement gifts
Packaging tape for mailing Christmas and retirement gifts
Another box of 100 medical gloves

I planned to support local business and buy the first three items at the Hallmark store in town, but it turns out they are closed on Sundays. :confused::confused:

A new cap for the rinse dispenser on my dishwasher. It came off, got stuck under the heating element and melted a bit. Fast replacement at OEM quality, 75% less than on the manufacturer's website.

A retirement card (friend is retiring 12/31)
Wrapping paper for retirement gifts
Packaging tape for mailing Christmas and retirement gifts
Another box of 100 medical gloves

I planned to support local business and buy the first three items at the Hallmark store in town, but it turns out they are closed on Sundays. :confused::confused:

Will you be getting these items on Monday?
Because I would still be going to the Hallmark on Monday and getting those items.
National chains like Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-A are also closed on Sundays for religious reasons.

Will you be getting these items on Monday?
Because I would still be going to the Hallmark on Monday and getting those items.
National chains like Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-A are also closed on Sundays for religious reasons.

More than a dozen Hallmark stores in surrounding towns are open today, but I am not driving that far. I have a prior commitment this afternoon. The Hallmark in my town apparently changed their weekend hours recently, due to the pandemic. I suppose business has slowed.

I won't have my car tomorrow - it is being picked up at 8 am for service, and will be returned at 6 pm.

Meanwhile, Amazon will deliver all my items tomorrow, and I can get the items wrapped tomorrow and ship them out first thing Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Amazon will deliver all my items tomorrow, and I can get the items wrapped tomorrow and ship them out first thing Tuesday.

You must have Prime.
Since I don't, I'd probably get delivery on Wednesday if I am lucky.

I have found that Amazon prices are sometimes higher than other places.
It pays to compare.
Yesterday, I bought a MC4 to 5.5mm x 2.1mm adapter cable on eBay.
The same exact thing from Acopower is $15.99 on Amazon + shipping.
I paid $13.85 including tax and shipping on eBay.

I've ordered a lot online in the last few weeks to beat peak Christmas season. Bought a new kitchen scale to replace my old broken one as well as a few miscellaneous items. Now have just finished my Christmas shopping on Amazon buying toys for all my great nieces and nephews. Also purchased cat food from Chewy and sweatpants from Macys and more COVID testing kits from Walmart. Today I put up my Christmas tree and holiday decorations. I need a new cell phone but am dreading that whole process.

3 bathroom faucets to go with the cabinet refacing and new sinks I'm having installed. I love those "waterfall" faucets, where the water dispenses from the top of the faucet rather than through a tube. This is where the convenience of Amazon kicks in: I had models in mind, and checked out a couple of home stores, but none of them had those models. I was able to order the models, compare them on the spot, and send back the one, while ordering another of the model I preferred.

You must have Prime.
Since I don't, I'd probably get delivery on Wednesday if I am lucky.

I have found that Amazon prices are sometimes higher than other places.
It pays to compare.
Yesterday, I bought a MC4 to 5.5mm x 2.1mm adapter cable on eBay.
The same exact thing from Acopower is $15.99 on Amazon + shipping.
I paid $13.85 including tax and shipping on eBay.

I do have Prime, but the main reason I get a lot of next-day deliveries is because I apparently live near an Amazon fulfillment center. Luck of the draw!

Not every delivery is next day, by any means, but it's a real convenience when they are.

3 bathroom faucets to go with the cabinet refacing and new sinks I'm having installed. I love those "waterfall" faucets, where the water dispenses from the top of the faucet rather than through a tube. This is where the convenience of Amazon kicks in: I had models in mind, and checked out a couple of home stores, but none of them had those models. I was able to order the models, compare them on the spot, and send back the one, while ordering another of the model I preferred.

Hey! We have 3 Talavera sinks and new faucets and an undermount sink with Grohe faucet filling the entry of our rental. Hopefully the counter fabricator will pick them up tomorrow - work needs to be in boogie mode as the AirBnB rental has us on the street this Friday.

Blank Christmasy labels. The foil ones I ordered last year and used on our Christmas cards this year don't stick well :mad::mad::mad:. Order from Amazon and get them Wednesday or run around to stores tomorrow and find out they don't have them :facepalm:.

Dehydrated carrots. These work wonders for our dog's excessively soft stools.

Sorry TMI. :blush:

Two rolls of special tape to repair the foil laminated paper (called foil scrim Kraft) stapled to the floor beams overhead in the crawl space.

Well, this is a first for me. I ordered some books for my grandson, who lives abroad. Amazon gave me the confirmation screen (Order placed, thanks!) and a delivery date. It didn’t send a confirmation email, and when I went back to check the status, there’s no pending order.

Clicking in the “help” link gives me this error message “ upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure”

Seems like Amazon has some issues today.

Back
Top Bottom