What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Well, this is a first for me. I ordered some books for my grandson, who lives abroad. Amazon gave me the confirmation screen (Order placed, thanks!) and a delivery date. It didn’t send a confirmation email, and when I went back to check the status, there’s no pending order.

Clicking in the “help” link gives me this error message “ upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure”

Seems like Amazon has some issues today.

Yes, site wide major AWS issues ongoing... Give it an hour or three.

A tool bag for schlepping tools and parts to the boat. I was using a cheapie with thin rope handles that hurt my hand when the bag was heavy doing the 100 yard walk down the gang plank and along the docks. Saw some nice Milwaukee bags at the hardware but they cost $150. Got a no name from Amazon for $50.

External USB mic for Zoom calls on laptop. Overnight delivery.

Usually, I cheap out and avoid overnight delivery, but needed the mic pronto.

Nice little gadget.

Attachments

• usb mic.jpg
    usb mic.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 37
I've ordered all kinds of things this week.

Brake pads for my wife's new Margaritaville cruiser bike. The original pads squeek like crazy.

A rearview mirror for my new e-bike.

A special "pacman" tool to adjust the carb on my backpack blower.

A hdmi to vga converter so we can use an older monitor on a newer PC.

A Braves 2021 world series baseball hat.

I ordered a set of IEM (In Ear Monitors) to listen to music. I have headphones and ear buds but never IEMs. I determined that IEMs are not for me so I returned them.

A 2 pk of Wilton non-stick 9x13 cake pans. Amazon sent me an email for $5 off an Amazon purchase so they only cost $5.67 for both!

Fitbit Charge 5 screen protectors.....which didn't work (bad sticky). Sent back today for my $4.32 refund. (Chinese junk).

Inflatable stand up paddle board. Water temp is only 49 degrees so I think I’ll wait to test it out.

Flannel sheets for our new CA King bed.

We just burned off an Amazon gift card DW got. The only thing we could justify was a few reams of copier paper. Free freight. Wind fall.

Aprilaire 513 air filter for our HVAC system. Pricey and sometimes hard to come by. This one will be installed next year, and given supply reliability issues, we wanted to have one on hand for the next filter swap-out.

A cuckoo clock. DW mentioned in passing that she really loves cuckoo clocks which I did not know and would not have guessed. So found one on Amazon. Went crazy and got the Black Forest 8 day movement Bavarian Chalet with dancers, sawyers and a working bell. Hope she likes it.

717-HKnApzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A new $70 pillow, see if I can get some help with neck pain.

Kitchen shears for cutting pizza.

Still feels kind of wrong tanking scissors to pizza. But need the right tool for the job.

The wheel types are an exercise in frustration.

The rocker type looks like for someone with a death wish or Klingon battle instrument.

Thus, got the scissors.

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Kitchen shears for cutting pizza.

I didn't know such a thing existed. I've been using a broad-bladed knife, but thought it was only a matter of time before it went sideways and sent my hand into 400° melted cheese.:(

I just ordered a pair of those shears.

I didn't know such a thing existed. I've been using a broad-bladed knife, but thought it was only a matter of time before it went sideways and sent my hand into 400° melted cheese.:(

I just ordered a pair of those shears.
Same here. We just grab the biggest knife in the block. Well with the exception of the bread knife.

Two new porthole windows for the boat and a tarp. Went out and measured today and should fit with minor mods. Replaced the screens in the old ones and then found both windows broken at hinges.

2 new rear seat protectors for our two vehicles. While our senior pup (14.5 yrs old) is now retired from daily hikes, the younger one still goes with me. We had one we really liked, with "ends" that can be zipped up to keep fur and dirt from dropping down to the door sills, but we tried to machine wash it, and the rubberized backing shredded. The other one we have now is good, but no "ends", and it now resides in our nicer SUV. So I ordered two of the one we like the most to replace what we have.

Back
Top Bottom