What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Picked this up the other day. It was a lightning deal for about $8 and it seems to work fine. Plugged it in and connected to it with my phone and can read info and codes and reset a CEL with it.

OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth Scan Tool Adapter, Car Code Reader for Android & Windows Devices, OBD Scanner Wirelessly Feeds Your Cars Data To Your Phone! Check Engine Light Eliminator for All Cars! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6CZ0SQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_JWPyAbHBYR50C

These are great. I bought one a few years ago for ~ $15. That, and a free app for a phone or tablet does far more than a $50 scanner tool.

Note that while you can clear a Check Engine Light, you won't pass a test like they do in IL, until you've driven enough miles and different conditions for each of the various sensors to collect enough data to actually say "PASS". Until then, they will say "NOT READY", and you can't pass the test w/o them getting past the "NOT READY" state.

Fun to play with, you can see all sorts of data from the car, boost pressure with a turbo, engine load %, on and on.

-ERD50

I was so disappointed! The holes for the laces in my New Balance running shoes are very small, with no grommets (just punched). I couldn't get the elastic laces to go through them because the holes were not big enough.

So, I gave them to Frank who had expressed a strong interest in such laces. He is going to try to get them through the holes in his shoes, and has several tools in mind to try using in the process if he has trouble doing it.

From the reviews on Amazon, I gather that if you can get them installed, they are great. Many of the unhappy reviews are due to the same problem I had.

Frank found the laces would not work in his boots, because the lace holes in the boots were too big! That was the opposite of the problem I had. But then he tried them in his Rockports and they were perfect. He loves them! He says the shoes are just snug enough, and do not feel like they would ever fall off accidently. He says he can just slip into them and out of them without using his hands at all, now.

Picked up a little table top charcoal grill today, cheapest I can find it by $10. shipping from Amazon warehouse deals in used very good condition, I’ve bought these used very good condition before and it’s always been a brand new product in a damaged box.

.......... I’ve bought these used very good condition before and it’s always been a brand new product in a damaged box.
My experience, too. I always look for a "used" one for a significant saving. Did get burned on a "used" telescope that was mismarked, but Amazon took it back and paid shipping.

I just ordered a sewing machine quilting foot to go with the sewing machine that I also got from Amazon just today. We're new members to Prime because of the new smart tv, have been ordering a lot this past month!

A recoil starter and air filter for my power washer.

Frank found the laces would not work in his boots, because the lace holes in the boots were too big! That was the opposite of the problem I had. But then he tried them in his Rockports and they were perfect. He loves them! He says the shoes are just snug enough, and do not feel like they would ever fall off accidently. He says he can just slip into them and out of them without using his hands at all, now.

W2R, Do you know anyone that's into paper crafts, jewelry making or leather working? All of these different hobbies use hole punches. You could enlarge the lace holes in your sneakers using a hole punch. If you do find a hole punch, measure the lace holes in Franks shoes to check the size. Experiment with one hole and check positioning on all holes before punching. You don't want the holes too close to each other.

Reactions: W2R
Subscribe & Save items...dog food, baby formula, diapers, toothpaste and others I cant remember. Not very exciting

W2R, Do you know anyone that's into paper crafts, jewelry making or leather working? All of these different hobbies use hole punches. You could enlarge the lace holes in your sneakers using a hole punch. If you do find a hole punch, measure the lace holes in Franks shoes to check the size. Experiment with one hole and check positioning on all holes before punching. You don't want the holes too close to each other.

Definitely an idea worth thinking about, thanks! I'm a little concerned because I am not too skilled at this sort of thing, and my New Balance running shoes are pretty high end so I don't want to ruin them. Maybe Frank could do it for me.

Definitely an idea worth thinking about, thanks! I'm a little concerned because I am not too skilled at this sort of thing, and my New Balance running shoes are pretty high end so I don't want to ruin them. Maybe Frank could do it for me.

Try it on Frank's shoes first, lol. :angel: Maybe you have an old pair you could experiment with.

Reactions: W2R
Two garage door openers. We bought a new car (Toyota Highlander) last week and I finally made room in the garage to house the car we use most days. Also ordered some 1/8” Baltic Birch plywood to use on a laser engraver.

Did you try "pulling" them through the holes? Bungee material gets really thin really fast when stretched.

If you wrap some masking tape around the end of the bungee and taper it so that there is tape-only at the tip, that part can be sent through the hole. Then pull that, and the bungee through while holding some tension on the back end so it gets stretched thin, it might go through. I have used this method for other things in the past.

Just a thought.

I took the bait and ordered a new call blocker. Looks like a knock off of a knock off.

I already own a Sentry 2. But this one also uses 3 AAA batteries for power as a backlit display, among other minor differences. My curiosity has me wanting to investigate.

Attachments

• call blocker.jpg
    call blocker.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 16
Just ordered a Weber Spirit 310 grill for our Jersey Shore home. Should arrive on Wednesday giving me plenty of time to procrastinate before beginning the assembly process.

Did you try "pulling" them through the holes? Bungee material gets really thin really fast when stretched.

If you wrap some masking tape around the end of the bungee and taper it so that there is tape-only at the tip, that part can be sent through the hole. Then pull that, and the bungee through while holding some tension on the back end so it gets stretched thin, it might go through. I have used this method for other things in the past.

Just a thought.
Actually, I tried pulling them before I tried pushing them. They are made of flat, slightly elastic silicone that seems much less stretchy than ordinary bungee material. And that is a good thing, because too much stretchiness could be a safety problem.

But seriously the fact that I couldn't use them for my shoes is no problem - - Frank is enjoying them SO much in his Rockports, and his arthritis and flexibility is much, much worse than mine so this was a very nice, though unexpected outcome. Probably most of us can relate to how great it is to give a loved one something he/she truly, truly wants and needs. And it only cost $7 or so. He likes them so much that he has ordered another type that he hopes might work better for his boots (since these did not fit in his boots).

I have been on a amazon binge. I bought books and a new nintendo game for my grandsons ,I bought socks, new pj"s , vitamin D , face wash and a nebulizer .I poo pooed Amazon prime but I love it . The delivery , the shows , the books I love it all.

Didn't order my new iPad from Amz as it was $40 less at Costco.

I purchased a luggage scale this morning on Amazon for the misses. I hate the anxiety associated with going to the airport and hoping that my wife's luggage is under 50 pounds.

I

I purchased a luggage scale this morning on Amazon for the misses. I hate the anxiety associated with going to the airport and hoping that my wife's luggage is under 50 pounds.

I
Bought one years ago and it's worth it!:)

Back
Top Bottom