What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

OW!! That sounds so painful. I hope Amazon delivers it fast enough to help her out.

Yes. I forgot that I lent our old ice packs to a friend who had his knee replaced two weeks ago. So I had to do something fast! I actually went to Walmart and bought one (not a great one) and then ordered the Amazon one which came the next day.

A compact folding shovel and some wheel chocks for my campervan. Road trip coming up in a couple of weeks!

Bowflex PR3000. Our NY's resolution. Gyms are closed and all indoor sports stopped last week...

Last edited:
A compact folding shovel and some wheel chocks for my campervan. Road trip coming up in a couple of weeks!

NICE! I wish I enjoyed driving. I'd like to see more places.

Where are you planning to visit?

[...] and then ordered the Amazon one which came the next day.
Oh good! I hope she is feeling better. Amazon deliveries have been getting to my house pretty quickly lately, also.

The last thing I ordered from Amazon was 80 oz of Jif peanut butter. This was sort of a hoarder/prepper move I suppose. No matter how bad the supply chain problems get, I won't starve; I'll have plenty of peanut butter, if nothing else. :ROFLMAO: Well, and Quest protein bars which was my previous Amazon order.

They delivered the peanut butter a day and a half after I ordered it. Up until a few years ago, Amazon deliveries to my home were never that fast so I was pretty pleased.

PXL_20220107_204530209.jpg. Purchased a small bottle of bookbinding adhesive after discovering this old leather bonded collective works of one of my favorite authors in the fund raising bin of my local library. The binding was starting to separate along the spine, and this product did a great repair.

Propellers for R/C airplanes. These are considered a consumable, especially flying from grass sites that may not be perfectly flat.

An at home Covid test kit. Figured it is good to have one on hand as locals who have needed tests recently have struggled to get results back until several days later.

NICE! I wish I enjoyed driving. I'd like to see more places.

Where are you planning to visit?

I'm not crazy about driving either, particularly long highway or freeway stretches. However, mountainous and scenic places that I haven't visited before can be fun. Once I've driven a route once or twice, it quickly becomes humdrum for me.

I only have a month before I have to be back home. I wish I had longer, but there always seems to be a doctor or dentist appointment coming up, or some other commitment, such as shows/events I had promised to attend. I hope to be able to clear a several month stretch of free time to wander large areas in my own time but, in the meantime, I grab the time where I can. I live in the SF Bay Area and this time, am planning on heading south, to the deserts of So Cal, Southern Nevada, and Arizona. I'd like to visit Utah and New Mexico too, but probably won't be able to do all of that on this trip. Trouble is, by the next time I'm able to get away, it might be too hot in the places I want to go!

I'd like to stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, visit the Four Corners Monument, and camp on Navajo land. Maybe I'll make it this time. We'll see.

I'm not crazy about driving either, particularly long highway or freeway stretches. However, mountainous and scenic places that I haven't visited before can be fun. Once I've driven a route once or twice, it quickly becomes humdrum for me.

I only have a month before I have to be back home. I wish I had longer, but there always seems to be a doctor or dentist appointment coming up, or some other commitment, such as shows/events I had promised to attend. I hope to be able to clear a several month stretch of free time to wander large areas in my own time but, in the meantime, I grab the time where I can. I live in the SF Bay Area and this time, am planning on heading south, to the deserts of So Cal, Southern Nevada, and Arizona. I'd like to visit Utah and New Mexico too, but probably won't be able to do all of that on this trip. Trouble is, by the next time I'm able to get away, it might be too hot in the places I want to go!

I'd like to stand on a corner in Winslow, Arizona, visit the Four Corners Monument, and camp on Navajo land. Maybe I'll make it this time. We'll see.

That's a lot of driving, but I'm sure you'll have a great time. You live in Oakland, right? I've done a road trip from Marin County to Vegas to Tucson, AZ once in the 80s, but it wasn't a camping trip. It was a "Let's get to Tucson in a hurry" kind of trip. I didn't have to drive and I remember stopping one night in Vegas (and we did stop at Hoover Dam), so we made the trip in two days. I've never been to Winslow, AZ - I only know the town from the song by the Eagles, but it would be interesting to see.

Have a wonderful trip!

That's a lot of driving, but I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I doubt I'll get to do it all in this trip, especially as my cat stresses out when we drive. As a result of that, I don't drive for much more than 2 hours a day, and try to stay in the same place overnight for at least 2 days, so she has time to settle down and fully relax. We'll do what we can though, and have fun in the process.

You live in Oakland, right? I've done a road trip from Marin County to Vegas to Tucson, AZ once in the 80s, but it wasn't a camping trip. It was a "Let's get to Tucson in a hurry" kind of trip. I didn't have to drive and I remember stopping one night in Vegas (and we did stop at Hoover Dam), so we made the trip in two days. I've never been to Winslow, AZ - I only know the town from the song by the Eagles, but it would be interesting to see.

Hoover Dam is a fun stop. I went there about 25 years ago, and remember standing with one foot in Arizona and the other in Nevada. I did drive a little way into Arizona, and was quite fascinated by the contrast of the red rocks and dirt, with the blue sky. As a (fairly) young feller from England, it was the first time I'd seen that type of landscape. The sheer scale of the dam is impressive, to say the least.

The corner in Winslow, AZ looks rather touristy. I imagine the locals don't pay much attention, but it's fun to do things like that. Doesn't take long to hop out, take a photo, then get back on the road.

Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you! We (the cat and I, that is) are looking forward to it!

Propellers for R/C airplanes. These are considered a consumable, especially flying from grass sites that may not be perfectly flat.

The way I fly, the whole airplane is a consumable. :D

That corner in Winslow AZ has a a statue standing on it.
Totally touristy. A bunch of restaurants close by. But I tried a little place by the Winslow airport, other side of the RR track and it was great. A couple years ago.

That book was published over 25 years ago.

With the drought, are the conditions in the Delta the same as when it was published?

Yeah, pretty much. The Delta is connected to the Pacific Ocean and the levels should be rising.

I doubt I'll get to do it all in this trip, especially as my cat stresses out when we drive. As a result of that, I don't drive for much more than 2 hours a day, and try to stay in the same place overnight for at least 2 days, so she has time to settle down and fully relax. We'll do what we can though, and have fun in the process.

Hoover Dam is a fun stop. I went there about 25 years ago, and remember standing with one foot in Arizona and the other in Nevada. I did drive a little way into Arizona, and was quite fascinated by the contrast of the red rocks and dirt, with the blue sky. As a (fairly) young feller from England, it was the first time I'd seen that type of landscape. The sheer scale of the dam is impressive, to say the least.

The corner in Winslow, AZ looks rather touristy. I imagine the locals don't pay much attention, but it's fun to do things like that. Doesn't take long to hop out, take a photo, then get back on the road.

Thank you! We (the cat and I, that is) are looking forward to it!

Oh yeah, I forgot that you have a kitty. You're very kind that you're making the trip easier for your furry friend.

I like the red rocks too. AZ, NM, UT - beautiful.

3M N95 masks, for protection from any random omicron particles.

2022 is feeling a lot like 2020 all over again.

Back
Top Bottom