What was your happiest moment today?

Good news on DBiL liver cancer-- last tests show no more signs of tumors or cells. And his confusion is slowly getting better (docs think it was from toxins building up in liver, so taking extra fiber to flush his gut out consistently!)
So no more treatments at this time and he is stable.
We are so thankful.

Great to hear!

I got an email from the national train carrier of Germany:
For tomorrow, we cannot deliver your booked train from A via B and C to D due to a change.
Your ticket is not fixed anymore.

It makes me happy because usually they would not tell you in advanced when a train gets cancelled.
not fixed means, I can take any train I want.
fixed means, if you miss the train, you have to buy a new ticket

The carrier is selling fixed tickets with a discount.

Good news on DBiL liver cancer-- last tests show no more signs of tumors or cells. And his confusion is slowly getting better (docs think it was from toxins building up in liver, so taking extra fiber to flush his gut out consistently!)

This wonderful news makes mine seem trivial by comparison- but my best moment was my cardiologist visit this morning. I have minor valve regurgitation which means I get short of breath a lot more easily than I used to. Ejection % between 65 and 70 for those of you who are into this. Sometimes it just feels like background noise, sometimes I hate it because running, bicycling up steep hills and other things I used to do are just too uncomfortable now.

It's stable. That's the best we can hope for since it doesn't reverse itself. It's now been stable over 18 months and I won't need another echocardiogram for another year. Doc, as usual, is very enthusiastic about my overall health, exercise, healthy weight, low BP- and my travel plans, even some high-altitude travel in Peru in May.

It was an 8 AM appointment but I'm still pretty sure that will be my happiest moment. :)

(1) When I woke up "again"... :)

(2) When the coffee was ready. :dance:

Some days it's the little things that make me happy....

Last edited:
(yesterday) we finally had our extended family Christmas! Even though we all live within 30 minutes of each other, it is so hard to find dates that the majority of the almost 30 of us can make it too. Sibs and I just set a date that works for us and hope all of our kids and grands can make it. We were only missing 5 yesterday, one family due to illness.
It was wonderful to have everyone together.
Today, DH and I will be cleaning up and finally getting our tree put away!

Last edited:
Taught my kids how to ski. They rode the chairlifts up, made it on some faster blue squares and are hooked. I think some trips out west to the real mountains are going to be in our future.

I received great medical news today. I had an autoimmune episode last year that damaged my kidneys and put me on dialysis. The autoimmune issue is going pretty well and seems under control. Today my kidney doctor told me that the results of recent testing indicate that I can try getting off of dialysis. This is great news though a bit shocking since I was preparing myself for a life of dialysis. Next week, I will stop dialysis and be monitored to see how it goes. The doctor believes that my kidneys can handle removing the toxins but that I'll need medication to help remove fluid (lasix). I have no idea how this will work, but the fact that there's a chance, I'm extremely excited.

Wow, Jerry1, that IS a happy moment. Hoping your kidneys will be well enough to get you off dialysis. Pulling for you!

Jerry1, great news! I hope your kidneys continue to improve.

Jerry1, that is fantastic news! I hope that your kidneys keep improving.

Jerry1, that's great news!

Wow, Jerry1, that IS a happy moment. Hoping your kidneys will be well enough to get you off dialysis. Pulling for you!

Jerry1, great news! I hope your kidneys continue to improve.

Jerry1, that is fantastic news! I hope that your kidneys keep improving.

Thank you very much. Now I'm off to see my dad for his 92nd birthday. First road trip while on dialysis. It will be a bit of a challenge, but I'm thankful that I can at least be mobile using home dialysis. Being off dialysis, even for a short time would be a blessing. Take care.

I received great medical news today. I had an autoimmune episode last year that damaged my kidneys and put me on dialysis. The autoimmune issue is going pretty well and seems under control. Today my kidney doctor told me that the results of recent testing indicate that I can try getting off of dialysis. This is great news though a bit shocking since I was preparing myself for a life of dialysis. Next week, I will stop dialysis and be monitored to see how it goes. The doctor believes that my kidneys can handle removing the toxins but that I'll need medication to help remove fluid (lasix). I have no idea how this will work, but the fact that there's a chance, I'm extremely excited.

Great news Jerry! We are all puling for you!:cool:

Great to hear about all the great medical news! Nothing is more important.

Late to the “party” but wanted to add my best wishes and fingers crossed the good news continues!

Thank you very much. Now I'm off to see my dad for his 92nd birthday. First road trip while on dialysis. It will be a bit of a challenge, but I'm thankful that I can at least be mobile using home dialysis. Being off dialysis, even for a short time would be a blessing. Take care.

Finally took down the Christmas tree yesterday, after our late family gathering. 90% of our ornaments are gifts from family, friends, co workers, or purchased on trips (that is my souvenir when we go traveling). It is fun to reminisce while putting them away.

Today, I woke up at 530, enjoying my coffee in the peace and quiet, until the garbage and recycle trucks arrived!

After some considerable calling around and a lot of hooey, I was finally able to obtain a box of test strips for DW's glucose meter. Believe it or not, that was my happiest moment yesterday!

What a happy time for YOU! That is wonderful and enjoy your visit.

Taking care of little guy (DGS, 3) today, always a great day, and gives Mom a bit of time to herself.

My daughter sent me a text with a picture of my granddaughter with a big 'ol smile on her face. She was holding a small hanger for her dolls cloths that she printed (with help from her brother) on the 3D printer that I got them for Christmas. Of course the picture was great but knowing that her and her brother got together on a project was satisfying as well.

My Dad loved office supplies and when he passed away he had a LOT of great office supplies. Donated many boxes of them to a group that gives them to teachers. Dad would surely smile. I did.

Unfinished basement floor was wet and the leak was coming from in between the walls from a bathroom above.

The happy part comes in when I was able to repair the leak without tearing into the wall by removing and destroying unreplaceable tile.

Back
Top Bottom