What was your happiest moment today?

I cannot promise anything, but what kind of help would you require?
The general advice is - compile a web page that is mobile friendly.
Thesis: It is easier to do marketing for a web page, then for an App.
Sometimes the https://nativescript.org/ community contributes Talent to Ideas for free or a small fee.
There are always graduates around who are happy to contribute to its first project. Travel usually attracts a small crowd.
The framework is based on JavaScript and is able to output apps for Apple/Android.
Do you already work with something like Jira, Confluence, or Trello?
The company where you publish the guidebook may already have a concept for the corresponding online experience.

Thanks for the response!

We would require help with everything since we know nothing about creating and maintaining apps or websites.

Mobile friendly web page vs app is a good point. The web page might actually be better than an app.

We self-publish the Guidebook now through a local printer, and sell them through our website and a few local retailers. Mainly bike shops.

Watching our hummingbird couples (we have two) out my window while having morning coffee, our winter camellia sustains them until the spring ones bloom. DH has not trimmed it in many years because we know they have tiny little nests in there somewhere, but we need to do it this year. The snow bent the branches to the ground.

Received delivery of a reclining chair ordered from Pottery Barn eleven months ago. It was supposed to be delivered last September, but they “lost it” in the delivery processing center. Someone somewhere is enjoying a comfy recliner that I will finally get to enjoy too.

Thanks for the response!
We would require help with everything since we know nothing about creating and maintaining apps or websites.
Mobile friendly web page vs app is a good point. The web page might actually be better than an app.
We self-publish the Guidebook now through a local printer, and sell them through our website and a few local retailers. Mainly bike shops.
I see. Each big business started small. Most businesses never start at all.
Do you have a personal profile on LinkedIn or Facebook?
Your guidebook is for bike trails.
Does it contains a small list of Bed & Breakfasts, Pubs or Holiday Homes?
Those small businesses who may wanna get named in a web or app.

My tulips are blooming! Pink, yellow, and purple… so pretty and a definite sign that spring has sprung.

I see. Each big business started small. Most businesses never start at all.
Do you have a personal profile on LinkedIn or Facebook?
Your guidebook is for bike trails.
Does it contains a small list of Bed & Breakfasts, Pubs or Holiday Homes?
Those small businesses who may wanna get named in a web or app.

This Guidebook is not intended to be a business. It is produced by two volunteers as a public service. We sell them for very little profit by design. We include a collection of locations and services that would be of interest to touring cyclists. The profits mostly go to a few retailers and a non-profit Friends group.

We mention a few motels and B&Bs but not many. I would not want to include any that I could not personally vouch for.

We do mention quite a few eateries but there is not room to include all of them.

Watching our hummingbird couples (we have two) out my window while having morning coffee, our winter camellia sustains them until the spring ones bloom. DH has not trimmed it in many years because we know they have tiny little nests in there somewhere, but we need to do it this year. The snow bent the branches to the ground.

Nice! I love to watch the birds and squirrels around our house. (That is, except when they're going INTO AND OUT OF our house! I paid a chuck of moola a week ago to de-nest and plug up a hole in one of the poles on our front porch. Later on, I saw a bird who looked like he was considering entry but trying to figure out to where that hole had gone! :LOL:)

Last edited:
One of our building maintenance guys had repainted our rusty iron entry gate 8 months ago for a few hundred dollars. I was glad to pay it. But it has rusted up again as apparently the guy didn't do it properly. We got a nasty note from the HOA that we needed to repaint it. I had begun scraping and sanding when the original guy stopped by and said he would do it for free. The way I've been feeling (physically) that was quite a load off my shoulders (and back.) I guess I don't have a lot of hopes for the new job, but at least it will get the HOA off my back which is my happiest moment of the day.

My happiest moment today was when I got a check from USAA bank for a credit on my deceased mother's credit card account which allowed me to completely finish closing her estate. 13 months and I'm finally done. :dance:

Heh, heh, 2nd happiest moment is DW and I just finished our tax prep (in preparation of taking the pile to the CPA.) I hate that j*b because I never seem to understand certain things. But, now it's done (our part, anyway.) Wow, two great moments in one day. I should savor today (or hide in bed, maybe:hide:)

Family here this afternoon for corned beef/cabbage/potatoe dinner. Yum!
DD and DSIL are cooking--even better!

We got a bank statement today and I was having a devil of a time balancing it and couldn't figure out where I'd made the mistake. Then I noticed a deposit that I hadn't recorded for the state income tax refund because I hadn't noticed it.:facepalm:

The other bit of good news was that on the same statement was a new deposit line for DW's starting SS. The amount was for $0.00, but that's okay, we didn't expect it to start until next month but that probably means they were testing to make sure we'd given them the correct routing and account numbers. So DW will start her SS next month!:dance:

We have no idea what we're going to do with all that money but DW is quickly coming up with ideas. I heard mention of the word "paint".:hide:

Tax refund was approved today (or last night).:)

DW and I watched DGS play 2 baseball games 560+ miles east of here via video, while enjoying a wild game feed at my sportsmens club with our other two DGKs. Fun times, good food, but his team lost both games.

My wife has been working on a baby quilt to bring to my niece's baby shower today. We started getting texts this morning at 820 that she had gone into early labor, and the shower was postponed.
Apparently the baby wanted to attend the party, and was born after an hour of active labor at 1030 this morning, 32 weeks.
That's about 7 weeks early but he is a healthy sized 5 pounds 8 ounces. He would have been mondo at full term!!

My wife has been working on a baby quilt to bring to my niece's baby shower today. We started getting texts this morning at 820 that she had gone into early labor, and the shower was postponed.
Apparently the baby wanted to attend the party, and was born after an hour of active labor at 1030 this morning, 32 weeks.
That's about 7 weeks early but he is a healthy sized 5 pounds 8 ounces. He would have been mondo at full term!!

Congratulations on a healthy early birth of your new grand nephew!
A hand made quilt is a treasure to own, what a wonderful gift.

That is amazing! So happy for you and your family. Blessings on the little guy and his mom and dad.

Mine was actually work related. Yes, I’m one of those still working.

A person I very much liked working with had left the office a few years back, but returned to the fold today. He’s a joy - it is good to have him back.

Good trip to the boat today. Last time the water pump wouldn't stop running so I turned it off. Today filled the tanks, turned on the pump, it ran and I opened a faucet and it primed up good so I shut off the faucet and the pump shut off a couple seconds later.

Just like it's supposed to do - :)

yes!
One trick I use is the shore hose connection, if you have one. RV's have similar systems and you can run them with the pressure from a hose and not use the built in pump.
The pressurized water flushes out air better than that little pump and then I switch the hose off and the pump on, and it works great.
Air in the system will muck with the proper function of the pump pressure switch.

Back
Top Bottom