What was your happiest moment today?

Ahhhh - I know you do, Pacergal. I'm glad you enjoy your time with the little munchkins so much!

By the way - I don't know whether I've announced in here that our first grandchild is on the way; I think the birth will be early September. DW and I are certainly planning a trip around then to see him! Can't wait! :) :dance:

Congratulations! Nothing like the feeling of holding that new grand baby in your arms. Your heart just overflows.

Dropped by my brother's and his wife's home today and just spent some time with them at the kitchen table. It's been a while - had a really great time. :)

Went for a 13km run in the woods, immediately followed by a 15km bike ride on gravel roads.

It was cold but good. I've been struggling with on/off hip pain for the last couple of months due to muscular imbalance and today was a good day. Felt great to be pushing it again (pain free) at just shy of 51.

Local daughter with 1 year old granddaughter and out of state daughter with 17 month old granddaughter visited today. Made some great memories and took some fantastic photos.

My sister (53) had a cerebral hemorrhage a week ago. Luckily, it was a small bleeder. She's in a Neuro ICU about 175 mile away.

I had cataract surgery 3/7 (left) and 3/21 (right). My eyes (which have several issues) just got stable enough to have an eye exam and corrective lens Rx this past Friday. I'll pick and order glasses today! So, I've been unable to drive over to see my sister. :(

On Thursday, a step-niece flew into town for a visit with DW's dad, and she planned to drive over to visit my sister Sunday, yesterday. So, I hitched a ride, saw little Sis, and had some quality time with the step-niece! It was a good day! :dance:

Heading out to spend a few days with wonderful friends in California. We've known each other since high school.

Just got back last night from my trip to Joplin, MO to visit my old friend George who I have been friends with since 1974. I drove up from Texas Friday and came back yesterday. Nothing like two 80+ year old widowers having some quality time together and telling the same old stories over again :D.

We get together each year and it's interesting seeing each of us get older (and wiser, for sure).

Just got back last night from my trip to Joplin, MO to visit my old friend George who I have been friends with since 1974. I drove up from Texas Friday and came back yesterday. Nothing like two 80+ year old widowers having some quality time together and telling the same old stories over again :D.

We get together each year and it's interesting seeing each of us get older (and wiser, for sure).

Ahhhh ... nothing like getting with good friends again. :)

Went for a 13km run in the woods, immediately followed by a 15km bike ride on gravel roads.

It was cold but good. I've been struggling with on/off hip pain for the last couple of months due to muscular imbalance and today was a good day. Felt great to be pushing it again (pain free) at just shy of 51.

Great job, Koogie!

I'm shopping around for a siding contractor to remove all the old (1970s) siding on my house and replace it.

I met with Guy #1 on Friday. He promised to send me a quote over the weekend (his choice - I said I could wait) and so far have heard nothing from him. He acted pretty squirrely on Friday when I said I would want three references, so I don't expect to hear from him again.

I called Guy #2 today, left a message, and he called me back in six minutes flat! That definitely qualifies as the happiest moment for today.

He was very impressive on the phone - I meet with him on Wednesday - time will tell if he's "the one." :D

Had a wonderful visit with good friends over the last few days. We've known each other for 50 years!

Yesterday my happiest moment was playing golf with friends. I hadn’t played in a month but shot 74 and had 2 birdies and an eagle. Playing less seems to help me as I have no expectations and just play more free. Our team still lost but that’s ok.

Enjoyed watching the Piliated Woodpecker and Red Shoulder Hawk this morning while working in the garden. Bees were checking out the volunteer sunflowers I transplanted a couple of weeks ago.

Learned DD#1 notified her employer for the past 19 years that she was leaving to become the CFO of another company. A significant move up the food chain for her!
That’s a big job, Congrats to her, and y’all.

I had a tire with a nail in it fixed today. The PSI was down to 13, so I was also happy to make it to the shop.

Sometimes the smallest accomplishments are the most satisfying. :)

Doing nothing. I'm really happy about that since I fully expected to be doing repairs and/or clean up after the severe storms that passed through here yesterday.

Last edited:
Finally got the courage to put up the wallpaper I’ve been wanting on one wall with DH. Was dreading the process but went well (better than I expected) and looks really beautiful! So glad that’s done.

It is a sunny morning after a day with heavy rain and hail storm, glad I haven't planted my flowers yet! I will get to that next week.
Finally got the rest of the orders for the fidget toys, books, etc so I can fix the little travel back packs for two DGS for our trip this summer. Need to keep them entertained on the plane! Now to keep them hidden until then.....

Back
Top Bottom