What's the temperature where you are?

This is very sad. Having seen the images from Long Island yesterday, I can't imagine a snow blower could even make a dent in all the snow that fell. It sounds as though your super was very conscientious, and sadly the job claimed his life. :(

As he and other staff members often did in the 28 years I have been living here, they would make multiple passes through the snow with their snow blowers so one pass at the end would not end up being insurmountable. When he was making his pass, there was about 6 inches of snow on the ground, an amount the large snowblower could handle. Unfortunately, the weather conditions were more than he could handle this time. He was only 64.

As he and other staff members often did in the 28 years I have been living here, they would make multiple passes through the snow with their snow blowers so one pass at the end would not end up being insurmountable. When he was making his pass, there was about 6 inches of snow on the ground, an amount the large snowblower could handle. Unfortunately, the weather conditions were more than he could handle this time. He was only 64.

Much too young to go. :(:(

It's a balmy 25 degrees now. Forecast for the low tonight is a blistering 11 degrees.

I am spending my weekend supporting Netflix, Orville Redenbacher's heirs, and my local propane company in equal measures.

Edit to add: Just bumped the thermostat up another degree, so the propane company is actually coming out ahead of Orville & Co. right now.

13°F now, forecast is for -1°F tonight.

I really DO wish those Canadians would keep their cold air up north where it belongs. Sharing is not always appreciated.:D

9F right now...projected 28F tomorrow. That's a lot better from the constant -25 - 30 we've had the last couple weeks.

Today was mid-60s, sunny, and perfect for a nice 20+ mile bike ride without a jacket. Tomorrow will be more of the same except warmer.

Back
Top Bottom