Where You Live

Meadbh said:
Actually, you have something else to celebrate. Owensboro Medical Health System is becoming known as a national leader in continuous improvement in health care delivery. They have done an great job of implementing the 6 strategies outlined in the Insitute for Healthcare Improvement's 100,000 lives campaign (see www.ihi.org) and just last week presented on their results at the IHI Annual Forum in Orlando. (I attended the presentation). Basically, hospital mortality is way down because they are getting very good at proactively preventing complications.

Meadbh, MD

They are good, but they have a very up hill battle in terms of general pop health. I recently moved to KY from PA; and grew up in this very area. The number of smokers is truely unbelievable. I work in TN sometimes and same thing, lots of smokers. In my own family 5 out of 9 siblings smoke, over 50%.

Could be a poll; good health habits / bad health habits for ER's and ER wannabees.

job

Daddy O said:
They are good, but they have a very up hill battle in terms of general pop health. I recently moved to KY from PA; and grew up in this very area. The number of smokers is truely unbelievable. I work in TN sometimes and same thing, lots of smokers. In my own family 5 out of 9 siblings smoke, over 50%.

Could be a poll; good health habits / bad health habits for ER's and ER wannabees.

job

There's a big difference between population health, and health care. Health care is only one of many dererminants of population health, and it's not the most important one. It's there to pick up the pieces!

US leaders are "discovering" population health and in fact a major discussion centred around it at the IHI meeting.

Back
Top Bottom