Which car ?

If I didn't need an AWD I'd look at the Hyundai Elantra Touring. Small car benefits with plenty of storage room for under 20K, and I like the body style, but it's not for everyone. It also looks a bit cheap on the interior, if that's important. I haven't looked that closely to see if there are other warts.

If I didn't need an AWD I'd look at the Hyundai Elantra Touring. Small car benefits with plenty of storage room for under 20K, and I like the body style, but it's not for everyone. It also looks a bit cheap on the interior, if that's important. I haven't looked that closely to see if there are other warts.

I do like the look of that car but I recently rented a Elantra and was in a minor accident . The other car had a scrape and I had a side panel bashed in in the Elantra .

The Honda Fit is an intriguing car.......

The Toyota Venza is a little too big for me . I like a smaller car but they are giving great deals on the Venza now under $25,000 fully optioned . Negotions are a little tighter on the Rav .

That's a great price! Edmunds.com says the "What Others are Paying" price for a fully optioned Venza here is over $39K. So, you could buy one for $25K, drive it here, and sell it and even used you might make money, I think! :LOL: Seriously, I think that buying a Toyota in Florida may be a really great deal. :D

W2R, I'm here to say that buying a car in Florida is not easy, unless you want to lay down and give them all your money. They may sell it to you cheap, which I doubt, but they will kill you with a bunch of fees that make no sense.
Believe me I tried to buy a new Toyota last week, didn't work out so well for me.
After 35 years in the car biz I've never seen anything like the scams they are running down here. Not a good idea to know too much if you want to buy a new car in Florida.

That's a great price! Edmunds.com says the "What Others are Paying" price for a fully optioned Venza here is over $39K. So, you could buy one for $25K, drive it here, and sell it and even used you might make money, I think! :LOL: Seriously, I think that buying a Toyota in Florida may be a really great deal. :D

I guess Edmond's does not have a feature for desperate dealers . I was shocked at the price but it was their deal of the week. I would have jumped at it but my Solara is the largest car I ever owned and we already have a larger SUV . Gary has a Dodge Durango .

W2R, I'm here to say that buying a car in Florida is not easy, unless you want to lay down and give them all your money. They may sell it to you cheap, which I doubt, but they will kill you with a bunch of fees that make no sense.
Believe me I tried to buy a new Toyota last week, didn't work out so well for me.
After 35 years in the car biz I've never seen anything like the scams they are running down here. Not a good idea to know too much if you want to buy a new car in Florida.

I'm glad that I didn't have to buy a car down there, then! It was pretty simple and straightforward here. Well, comparatively speaking, if you know what I mean. :)

Moemg, I'd love to hear your story after you tried to buy a Venza for 25K in Florida.
Trust me, it ain't hapnin! Maybe if it fell of the truck.

Why does this remind me of the old saying about a doctor making a lousy patient? :)

Yeah, for blind people.:whistle:

:LOL: A former co-worker of mine got a Honda Fit and LOVED it - - so each to his/her own, I guess! I have never driven one. They are a little smaller than I wanted when I was car-shopping. Anyhow, she liked the way the interior was so configurable, for carrying odd shaped cargo - - and she liked the gas mileage, of course.

Moemg, I'd love to hear your story after you tried to buy a Venza for 25K in Florida.
Trust me, it ain't hapnin! Maybe if it fell of the truck.
\\

It was a hot on the lot special and our dealerships are hurting a lot . I contacted a few of them for Internet prices and they have been contacting me every day and basically begging me to come in . I bought my Toyota Solara in Florida and believe me I got a great deal . Those other fees are negotiable . Maybe it is the difference between the east & west coast of Florida ?

Ugly! Odd shaped car for odd shaped boxes I guess.

:2funny: :ROFLMAO: I guess so!!

But, if I really really REALLY needed great gas mileage such as that provided by a Prius or other hybrid, then I'd also look at a Fit even though it isn't a hybrid. My co-worker reported absolutely mind-boggling mileage with hers.

But, if I really really REALLY needed great gas mileage such as that provided by a Prius or other hybrid, then I'd also look at a Fit even though it isn't a hybrid. My co-worker reported absolutely mind-boggling mileage with hers.

Well, I guess if she gets the windows tinted no one will see her. Or maybe drive with a bag over her head like the unknown commedian.
Otherwise there's no way I would be seen in one of them.

Well, I guess if she gets the windows tinted no one will see her. Or maybe drive with a bag over her head like the unknown commedian.
Otherwise there's no way I would be seen in one of them.
I'm told anyone over 30 just doesn't "get" the styling. That means you don't get it X 2!

\\

It was a hot on the lot special and our dealerships are hurting a lot . I contacted a few of them for Internet prices and they have been contacting me every day and basically begging me to come in . I bought my Toyota Solara in Florida and believe me I got a great deal . Those other fees are negotiable . Maybe it is the difference between the east & west coast of Florida ?

I think that what they say and what they do will be 2 different things. I also did the internet thing to no avail. The Toyoguard is on every invoice which amounts to nothing for your $. Make ready, dealer fees, inflated MV fees. Just not me cup of tea to play all the games. In NY a dealer would be out of business playing all these games. I guess I'm just not used to being on the other side of the deal. We always offered items to our customers and some were good and some were bad. Down here there is no option, it's on the car and that's that. You may be able to negotiate some of it off but then it's some other charge you'll have to deal with.

Some of the Toyota dealers said they didn't charge any "dealer fees" I found out they just call them something else yet they still charge them.

I have a 2008 Honda CRV and love it. I would buy one again in a heartbeat. We have driven a few Hyundai's as rental cars and have to say that they have not overly impressed us. We also test drove a Honda Fit and I would say no thanks on that one, just did not feel safe enough compared to the CRV.

I'm happy with my 2008 Accord. Minor issues: there's a class action settlement on the 2008's and some 2009's due to brake pads wearing out prematurely. Mine has about 35,000 miles on it and I've had to replace the pads once, I think around 25k mi.

It feels very roomy, handles well (like a typical Honda), but isn't the best for carting
around bulky objects: the trunk looks big but doesn't fit long items so well, and the
seat on my model only folds down all in one piece, not 50/50 or 60/40 like some other cars. Even with the back seat down, the wheel wells intrude into the trunk enough to make fitting wide objects a pain. Passengers love the roomy backseat though.

We bought a Subaru Outback this year and love it. Great safety ratings and all wheel drive. We bought one with the the larger engine and it is really zippy. It has nice leg room front and back - a plus for tall family members.

We test drove the Foresters and those seemed very nice, too.

We had Toyotas (truck and Celica) that each lasted 10 years with no problems. I would not be worried about buying a Toyota. I know several people with Ford Escapes that are very happy with them

I'm a little late to this party, but we just bought a CRV in June, and I LOVE it. Of course, I drove an Accord for 13 years, and also have a 3 year old Civic. You just can't beat Honda quality IMO. We also considered a Subaru Forrester - love the looks and they have really great ratings - but decided to stick with Honda.

Thanks everybody for your advice . The Honda CRV is at the top of my list . I'm looking at the EX model.

DS loves his Fit. He is averaging about 40 mpg. I drove it about 200 miles a few weeks back, and pretty much decided I love it too. So much so that we may get one when the Odyssey hits 100k or so...that'll be a while. It is a 2005, with 41k on it. DW also likes the CRV, and with AWD its good in snow country.

R

Back
Top Bottom