Who are your favorite comedians?

Andy Kaufman.

I attended a comedy show at the Improv in NYC in the
early 80's. Andy Kaufman did an unannounced walk-on at
the beginning of the show (he was already on "Taxi" and well-known).

He came on-stage, and recited, as a poem, the theme song to Gilligan's
Island - then he left. Quirky, but funny.

I just saw Ronny Chieng on Netflix I had not seen before. He was really good, IMO. Just a few curse words now and then, it did not seem gratuitous curse words like some do to me.

Ronny Chieng - Asian Comedian Destroys America!

Last edited:
Not a comedian per se, but the TV show Two and a Half Men frequently had me crying laughing... especially during the Charlie Sheen years... Sheen and Jon Cryer were a hoot!

Funny and a little raunchy at the same time.... loved it.

I just saw Ronny Chieng on Netflix I had not seen before. He was really good, IMO. Just a few curse words now and then, it did not seem gratuitous curse words like some do to me.

Ronny Chieng - Asian Comedian Destroys America!

I just watched a couple of clips on YouTube, view of or society from a different prospective, slightly exaggerated for comedy. Funny stuff!

If the secret to good comedy is timing, I have liked most of the comedians mentioned so far at one time or another.
A few I didn't see mentioned -

Movies -
Woody Allen - Sleeper
John Belushi - Animal House

Quirky Stand up -
Jake Johannsen - Seinfeld's original pick to play George Costanza
Emo Philips -"I like going to the park and watching the children run around because they don't know I'm using blanks".
And yes, I liked -
Joan Rivers

Last edited:
Did you ever watch the prank Johnny Carson pulled on Joan? She made a lot jokes about the Queen. He setup an impromptu meeting between the queen (a look a like), the queen started asking about all those negative comments really putting Joan in an uncomfortable position.

I liked Joan also, sad she died.

Joan's line "Oh, Grow Up" would be more, way more, than apropos nowadays.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom