Work becoming more fun?

Glad that working is not as bad anymore. I hope I never have to find out for myself.

Well, agitating with the help of my union has been a lot of fun. So many things to negotiate with covid on the scene! I think of this as repaying a debt to the union women & men before me. And also preserving my profession for the future. But no, the actual work, performed at a 6' distance with limp face masks barely blocking out the tang of Clorox wipes, has not been fun.

Has anyone else found work more fun after they no longer had to do it? ...

Absolutely. Once I was FI and knew we would be ok if I lost my job I felt more free to speak out on work issues.... saying what many people were thinking and wanted to say but afraid to say because it wasn't what management or a client wanted to hear.... and then a wierd thing happened... since I was careful to be diplomatic when I spoke out, management and our clients loved getting another point of view.

I got pulled into a lot of proposals because many clients liked to see a little gray hair on the team we were proposing.

Last edited:
I went back on call after I retired, it was definitely less stressful.
It was so easy not to get involved in the bs, just go, do the work and leave. You might call that "fun", I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom