Yahoo email problems

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Anyone having problems with their Yahoo email account. I'm unable to get the website to display any of my messages. It will bring up my inbox but nothing happens when I click on a message - I get a blank page. I can't delete messages either. Tried both Firefox and Explorer with the same results.

I've had several problems with the account in recent weeks. This, combined with the ongoing "improvements" to the home page has me rapidly nearing the point where I'm going to give up and go elsewhere.

Edit: I see by the graph below thousands are reporting the problem - meaning hundreds of thousands are probably experiencing the outage..

Attachments

• Yahoo mail problems.JPG
    Yahoo mail problems.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
It's not my primary email account but I opened up my inbox and my first message and it displayed fine, using the web interface.

I've had intermittent issues with both the webpage and with the android app for Yahoo! mail. But it recovers.

I'm *not* a fan of their new "improved" user interface for mail, my yahoo, groups, etc... Removing functions is not improving things.

Over the past week the problems showed up. My android app wouldn't log in, force me to enter password, and while typing I'd see new mail load.

On PC's in various browsers it just goes into a deep freeze. Or when it loads there is a delay when you switch to other folders, tabs. I call it the Marissa Moment...

Yahoo e-mail is not my primary e-mail account, but I just went there to check and had no problems reading my e-mails there at all. But then, maybe the problem is on a different server or something.

It did do one peculiar thing - - after I read the first e-mail, it signed me out so I had to sign in again. How odd! But then, I was able to read more e-mails.

My problem continues on my computer but I can see the emails OK on my phone. Maybe Marissa had to change a diaper or feed the baby and forgot to turn the email server down here in Texas back on..

My problem continues on my computer but I can see the emails OK on my phone. Maybe Marissa had to change a diaper or feed the baby and forgot to turn the email server down here in Texas back on..

:)

the changes they made to Yahoo email made it flat out not work for the first few weeks.

Then it seemed to be better, until this past week.

I too am experiencing problems, but on the computer and not on my iPhone, same as you.

I've had problems off and on for the past few months. I mainly use Firefox, but have had other issues with Internet Explorer.

Probably my most frequently occurring issue is that the menus/folders on the left don't respond - like I'll click on "Compose new e-mail" and nothing opens up. Have also often had the "click on an e-mail in the inbox and the preview doesn't open up in the window below", or I'll check the box next to multiple e-mails to delete (or move to another folder), but after checking the multiple e-mails, the menus don't respond to clicking on "Delete" or won't move them to a folder I try dragging them to.

Works, but I get an annoying vertical rectangular ad which I can't get rid of, covering part of the screen !

My Yahoo mail is the one I send trash registrations to so I rarely look at it. I went over to see what all are describing and I don't see anything. It is working fine. I do see "Switch to the new Yahoo mail" in red (or something similar) at the top. I guess I will refrain from this switch until people report that they love their new Yahoo mail (or Yahoo does the switch without my blessings).

Yahoo works fine here.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I am changing email providers to a free service. Yesterday, I got about 5 minutes into setting up a yahoo account before deciding it was not a good sign that, in that short time, I'd gotten 3 messages saying "sorry we're over capacity." Gmail.

I'm on a very active board and must get 75 to 100 emails per day for posts in threads that I'm following. I haven't had any problems, yesterday, last week, last month, last year, need I go on? :rolleyes: It's my primary email account and quite active. I never understand why so many have issues.

I haven't had any problems, yesterday, last week, last month, last year, need I go on? :rolleyes: It's my primary email account and quite active. I never understand why so many have issues.
I'm guessing - just guessing mind you - it's because you're special. :LOL:

Obviously I and the other 5,000+ who bothered registering a complaint yesterday around 2:30 PM EST do not share whatever gift has been bestowed upon you. :)

Attachments

• Yahoo 210.JPG
    Yahoo 210.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 5
Got an alert from VZW about the stock email app on my Android phone.
Mobile Email App on Older Devices Discontinued on 3/28/14 | Verizon Wireless
I am having the login problems with Yahoo mail on one of the listed devices.

Some are missing the complexity of the issues. Device, OS, Service Provider, App, Browser, Addins...it makes for a varied experience depending on the mix you have.

I haven't had any issues, but then I'm just using my plain vanilla desktop PC.

This is one big difference for me from when I was working. We had rock-solid email.

Now I don't care so much, people can always call.

I'm not happy about Yahoo's new email interface. It's terribly clunky and slow. In contrast, the Gmail interface is cleaner and typically lightning fast. Too bad 95% of my emails go to Yahoo! Mail. Switching costs are exceedingly high!

I'm guessing - just guessing mind you - it's because you're special. :LOL:

Obviously I and the other 5,000+ who bothered registering a complaint yesterday around 2:30 PM EST do not share whatever gift has been bestowed upon you. :)

I'm sure my mother would have agreed with you about me being special. ;)

I'm just pointing out that not everyone is having problems. 5K people seems like a small number of accounts, I'd think there are millions of Yahoo! email accounts.

Maybe I'm using a different Yahoo! email? I say that cuz I have a Yahoo! account I seldom ever use and it does look a little different than my every day Yahoo! account I got when I had ATT internet. I switched to cable a couple of years ago but kept my ATT Yahoo! email account. Maybe that's the difference?

I'm just pointing out that not everyone is having problems. 5K people seems like a small number of accounts, I'd think there are millions of Yahoo! email accounts.
As I pointed out in an earlier post, if 5k people are bothering to report the problem on an independent status site, that probably represents a tiny fraction of the individuals who are actually experiencing a problem.

Maybe I'm using a different Yahoo! email? I say that cuz I have a Yahoo! account I seldom ever use and it does look a little different than my every day Yahoo! account I got when I had ATT internet. I switched to cable a couple of years ago but kept my ATT Yahoo! email account. Maybe that's the difference?
I think it likely you are correct. My experience is not all Yahoo! email interfaces experience the same level or frequency of the problems I'm seeing. Must be that 'special' thing again. :)

Back
Top Bottom