Yaktrax, to prevent slipping on ice.

H

Howard

I have no financial interest in this product, but I have started using them, and they work great.

Ice is a problem in my area, these attached to the bottom of my shoes have made walking a lot easier, and safer.

http://www.scoutgear.com/index.html

My wife is a Nurse and she treats many people, especially Ladies, who have slipped on Ice and broken bones.

Any other ideas of similar products would be welcomed??

Howard said:
I have no financial interest in this product, but I have started using them, and they work great.

Ice is a problem in my area, these attached to the bottom of my shoes have made walking a lot easier, and safer.

http://www.scoutgear.com/index.html

My wife is a Nurse and she treats many people, especially Ladies, who have slipped on Ice and broken bones.

Any other ideas of similar products would be welcomed??

:LOL: I thought Canada was the Garden of Eden and personal safety equipment wasn't required.

What happens if you wear them indoors like to a store/mall, etc ? Seems like they might dig up the floors a bit.... just curious

REWahoo! said:
:LOL: I thought Canada was the Garden of Eden and personal safety equipment wasn't required.

Safety equipment not required. They have social medicine. Why prevent injuring yourself? :) Ignoring externalities and moral hazards, it's a perfectly efficient social system.

Why prevent injuring yourself?

Pain.

Thanks, Howard.. I think I will try to get some for my mom. (She lives where it's icy, I don't anymore). Don't know if they will attach to Keds®, though.. her favorite shoe, even in the winter, is Keds®! ::)

I have some of them and love them. I guess I talked about them so much that one of my sisters had to get a pair. And she loved them so much she's now on her second pair.

They are kind of like Snow-chains. Except for your feet.

usually I don't drive around with my snow chains on unless I really need them. Sometimes when I really need them I still don't put them on.

MB, how you do that?

That is some kind of Avatar, easily the best so far.

I wear Yaktrax when the weather is nasty. They are nice for walking from the parking garage to the building at work. My friend wore them when she was pregnant and walking to work from home.

Back
Top Bottom