You know you're in the wrong demographic when...

Walt34

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
...okay, it was bad enough when I was getting junk mail for hearing aids starting a bit over ten years ago.

...now I'm getting junk mail for cemetery lots. This is not a good trend.

...okay, it was bad enough when I was getting junk mail for hearing aids starting a bit over ten years ago.

I get stuff from the Neptune Society all the time.

You have to wonder who is selling your name for that purpose.

I don't get much of it compared to a lot of folks I know. Part of me wonders if that is because I never joined AARP, but that's just a guess.

Maybe they saw your Avatar?? ��

Well, at least the groundhog is not your mailman:LOL:

I got two invitations to hearing aid "seminars" in one day this week.

I'll start watching for the cemetery ads...

Well, at least you've not started getting ads for daisies.

Years ago, we lived (very modestly) in one of the very most upper crust zip codes within 100 miles. The mail order catalogs we routinely got in the mail were unbelievable! Stuff we wouldn't have ever considered, even if we could afford it.

Then we moved to a semi-rural zip code where we really were in the top 10% of the local income population, and we immediately switched to getting low end catalogs.

So I'm convinced that your zip code has the biggest bearing on what you get in the mail, and probably in the ads you see online.

You have to wonder who is selling your name for that purpose.

I don't get much of it compared to a lot of folks I know. Part of me wonders if that is because I never joined AARP, but that's just a guess.

I'd always blamed it on the MV Bureau- I recently got a birthday gift of a free car wash coupon from a local car wash. It had to be the DMV selling its mailing list.

Because I have a warped sense of humor I found it interesting so see what DH was getting in the mail after his death, even over a year later. AAA offered him guaranteed-issue life insurance (the catch- if you die within 2 years they just return your premiums) and invitations to check out the local retirement community, including one for a "Gentleman's Beer Tasting". I finally wrote to both places and informed them they could take him off their mailing list.

Back
Top Bottom