Your Retirement Robbed Jesus. You Shall Be Cursed!

Ok, I may be a cynic, but I wonder how much of the rant was directed at you over tithing, or more a cover to yell at you about the fact you quit giving her monetary handouts six months ago.
I think you are right about this. She has two situations occur that I would normally be Johnny on the spot with an open wallet. Honesty, I had to stop myself from giving her money. Especially when she started on "When something like this happens, you know who your real friends are."

"When something like this happens, you know who your real friends are."

As the old saying goes..."A friend in need is a pest". ;)

I think you are right about this. She has two situations occur that I would normally be Johnny on the spot with an open wallet. Honesty, I had to stop myself from giving her money. Especially when she started on "When something like this happens, you know who your real friends are."

Good for you. You say you might be an enabler. It can be a good trait, with strong boundaries in place.

Have you ever reviewed something called the ' Karpman drama triagle'. It was helpful in our family work.
Best wishes,
MRG

Maybe you should ask if she thinks that 10% will separate your friendship between heaven and hell. If so, do you really want such a short term relationship?

No, you're simply a level-headed realist who can see a situation for what it is. :)

She never had any ill words to say to the OP about retiring early....as long as the "robbing-Jesus-to-pay-Paul" gravy train was flowing money to her. As the kaka has hit the fan over the past 6 months, the "friend" is desperate to get at least some money from somewhere, and her expected funds have probably not materialized like she expected - prompting her to more extreme and severe verbal attempts to manipulate the OP into tapping the cash flow spigot again.

Oh, she'll be back, that's for sure. With a much more calm 'apology' to the OP. She knows she was able to get money from her before, and she'll just try different avenues and different approaches to tug at her heartstrings.

Moore, you reminded me of a saying we used at our place at work that parallels, CO's situation.... Help a coworker with a task once it's called a favor. Help them twice, it permanently becomes YOUR job. :)

You should surround yourself with people that you enjoy and who make you feel good about yourself. Life is to short to spend time with someone that is obviously trying to control you - that is not a friend.

This "friend" sounds bat-sh!t crazy to me. And bat-sh!t crazy gets shown the door.

If anybody ever talked that way to me, I'd NEVER (and I mean NEVER) have anything else to do with them. Doesn't matter if we were childhood friends and I knew them my whole life.

Real friends don't act that way. Period.

My vote? Time to show this person the exit and let them go their own separate way.

Back
Top Bottom