$100 per barrel oil by summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the first day of summer 2018, and as promised...

I've bookmarked this thread and will revisit it this summer to see if your crystal ball is accurate.

Your predictions were:

$100 per barrel oil by summer

West Texas Intermediate (WTI) opened today at $65, up roughly $5 (8%) from where it was when you made your prediction. The high YTD is $72.

$4+ per gallon gas...

The national average for regular gas is currently $2.87, down slightly from a high of $2.96 a few weeks ago.

-----

Another example of how easy it is to make predictions and how difficult it is to make them accurately. :D

It also helps keep inflation muted & the fed less active.
No sign of either of those happening anytime soon, the Fed just confirmed it's on track to continue raising interest rates with no end in sight.

Edit to add CPI annual rate from BLS

Attachments

• US CPI.JPG
    US CPI.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Opec is behind schedule. Delay are inevitable. In fairness to me I've never been wrong before.

Oil if anything, will be going down unless inflation lifts it . Right now everyone and anyone in the Oilpatch are working their tails off and once again technology has advanced that they are bringing wells in quicker then before . The stim costs are dirt cheap so no 100.00 bbl this year . The Oilpatch boys are making a good profit at 60.00bbl.

One thing that has been a problem is , every well in the U S has Nat Gas on top . Since the EPA and the previous president changed the rules they cannot flare off wells . So they have to get rid of lots of Natural Gas . Your gas companies might pay you to take it off their hands this winter LOL

Last edited:
We need more predictions from OP.

We can likely make money with a contrary move! ;)

edit/add: I cross-posted with this nugget:

Opec is behind schedule. Delay are inevitable. In fairness to me I've never been wrong before.

Oh good! Reversion to the mean makes it more likely for a string of bad predictions. Predict away! Please! :)

Mods might want to check if this is a duplicate account of a certain stock picking contestant, the excuses sound familiar ;)

-ERD50

Last edited:
I've bookmarked this thread and will revisit it this summer to see if your crystal ball is accurate.

Here's another we can check next week:

Dow 30k by June.

Time to load the boat

Or is 'by June' Jun 1st? Either way, DOW is currently 24,491.11, so all we need is ~ 22.5% increase in a week!

Originally Posted by Free bird

-ERD50

But look what the Supreme Court did today , all mail order houses must charge sales tax . Amazon , Ebay , Warfare. Etc Etc . Enjoyed that no sales tax . Watch where Amazon Stock goes today . Over the long haul it should be fine .

We need more predictions from OP.

We can likely make money with a contrary move! ;)

edit/add: I cross-posted with this nugget:

Oh good! Reversion to the mean makes it more likely for a string of bad predictions. Predict away! Please! :)

Mods might want to check if this is a duplicate account of a certain stock picking contestant, the excuses sound familiar ;)

-ERD50

Yep. I was thinking the same thing (contrarian signal).....

But look what the Supreme Court did today , all mail order houses must charge sales tax . Amazon , Ebay , Warfare. Etc Etc . Enjoyed that no sales tax . Watch where Amazon Stock goes today . Over the long haul it should be fine .

:confused:? This story confuses me as Amazon has been collecting my county/state sales tax for years now.

:confused:? This story confuses me as Amazon has been collecting my county/state sales tax for years now.

I think it has to do whether, for example, if Amazon has a bricks & mortar type facility in your home state then Amazon would charge sales tax. Up until about two years ago Amazon included no sales tax on our purchases. Once they opened a distribution center in our state they began including sales tax.

I think it has to do whether, for example, if Amazon has a bricks & mortar type facility in your home state then Amazon would charge sales tax. Up until about two years ago Amazon included no sales tax on our purchases. Once they opened a distribution center in our state they began including sales tax.

Amazon as of last year collects state sales tax from all 45 states.....that have a tax.

Of course if you buy from one of their 3 party vendors you may escape the tax upfront

How did we get from $100 a barrel oil to online sales tax, which has its own separate thread here:
Please try to stick to the topic, folks.

Members of this an other retirement related sites have obviously taken courses and seminars in derailing threads, maybe it is a sign of us all going senile in our old age :), that or our lack of attention span..... Sorry but it really grinds my gears when this happens...…. Thank heavens for the Un-Subscribe function.

Last edited:
Unruly savages. How can you have any pudding if you don't stay on topic

FWIW Amazon does not have a physical presence (distribution center aka bricks-and-mortar) in Oklahoma but they have been collecting Oklahoma sales tax on all my orders:facepalm:

quote_img.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by REWahoo
I've bookmarked this thread and will revisit it this summer to see if your (Free Bird) crystal ball is accurate.

Your (Free Bird) predictions were:

quote_img.gif
Quote:

"$100 per barrel oil by summer"

+++++++++++++++++++++
redduck exclaims:

Amazingly enough, Free Bird's record of never being wrong is still intact.
I was driving along today and passed a place that was selling barrels of gasoline. I asked the lady working there if she had $100 barrels of gasoline for sale. She said "yes" and that she would be happy to sell me as many barrels as I wanted. So, the deals are still out there, you just have to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom