2017 YTD investment performance thread

Someone bet the farm on a Venezuelan comeback in 2017.
:dance:
I'll take the other side of that trade. :)

You made me look.

Five years ago, the Caracas index was at 260. Twelve months ago, it was at 15,357. It is now at 57,692.

Alas, it is based on the bolivar, and that experienced an inflation rate of 800% in 2016. The IMF is projecting an inflation rate of 1,600% in 2017.
Yeah, and the paper bills are literally less expensive than toilet paper - and more widely available. :nonono:

Last edited:
Just checked my 457 plan numbers. After backing out contributions for this year I come up with 7% increase on the nose. According to the web site's ROI year to date calculation (end of April) it shows 6.47%. I guess the difference is the return on my contributions made this year.

Up 4.04% including cash, much lower than most posting here, but have moved the AA to a very conservative 30/65/5 over the last few months from 60/40 last year.

All investment accounts:
PORTFOLIO PERFORMANCE
122-DAY CHANGE 6.61%

401k Only-
Personal Rate of Return for the period: 7.21%

I was up 11.1% last year...making that chedda!!

Yes, last year had some good returns. Hope the same holds for everyone this year. If I do well, i expect it to not show until the 4Q. I normally would only look at how it's doing quarterly. But this thread has me at least doing a quick check monthly. Oh the extra work! It's wearing me out with worry [emoji33]. LOL, it's nice to have a plan that doesn't require too great of return.

Fidelity says 7% YTD and I have some real dogs (Junior Miners:nonono:). Net worth up 12% due to additional contributions.:D

Last edited:
Through end of April up 4.81% with a 41/36/23 AA. I am quite happy to live with that.

All-in, spend adjusted, I'm at +6.6% YTD. Gotta keep celebrating in these good times since it won't last forever!

I haven't checked mine yet, but the Canadian portion of my portfolio is dragging the whole thing down :(

I haven't checked mine yet, but the Canadian portion of my portfolio is dragging the whole thing down :(
I just checked.. Mine is a little over 5%, so that's not bad IMO...

Last edited:
Overall weighted performance is 4.99% for 55/45 portfolio (stocks/bonds).

Newer 401k performance is on a tear:
From 01/01/2017 to 05/31/2017
American Funds American Balanced R6 Fund: 5.05%
American Funds New World R6 Fund: 15.78%
Account Total: 14.48%

What I had in portfolio on Jan. 2017 and what I had on May 2017 show I had a 12.91% for the 5 month's. If I use a 12 month look it is 5 .4% return on my portfolio.

Comment on 2/1: OK made me look. PRR for the year to date without cash is 2.15%. Including cash it is 1.93%. I'll take it.

Comment on 3/1: Updating my post above as of today. Up 3.77% not including cash. Including cash 3.39%. Not quite as much progress but happy with it anyway.

Comment on 4/29: Two months since I calculated our PRR. YTD is now 4.81% without cash and 4.38% with cash. Sold a bit of stock yesterday and bought some bonds.

Comment on 6/1: One month since I calculated our PRR. YTD is now 5.7% without cash, and 5.18% including cash. XIRR for a total year at this pace would be 12.99% including Cash. No plans to tinker with AA.

AA: 54/41/5

Reasonably stable:

• Index +2%
  • Individual +10%, including cash drag
  • Emerging market tracker: +11%
Let's not annualize returns like that, eh.

59/33/8 portfolio with 5.7% ytd performance. That deserves another cup of coffee out on the deck.

I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying this, but 2017 is shaping up to be a great year so far. I totaled up the figures this morning, and it looks like I'm at a 10.1% return. If we can keep up this rate for the rest of the year, that would come out to around 24%. Would be nice, but I'm not going to hold my breath...

up 5.16% through 5/31

It's embarrassing, but the part of my portfolio that I manage now trails my IRA that is FA managed by 0.3%. That has never happened until this year.

Back
Top Bottom