2017 YTD investment performance thread

My trading account is up 540% YTD (thanks Endocyte) but is still getting trounced by anyone who "invested" in bitcoin :facepalm:

Remember from about 4 years ago the guy in Wales who threw out a hard drive with 1,400 bitcoins stored in a wallet on it? He spent a long time searching the local rubbish pit but with no luck. Today's value: $14M

-BB

My trading account is up 540% YTD (thanks Endocyte) but is still getting trounced by anyone who "invested" in bitcoin :facepalm:

Remember from about 4 years ago the guy in Wales who threw out a hard drive with 1,400 bitcoins stored in a wallet on it? He spent a long time searching the local rubbish pit but with no luck. Today's value: $14M

-BB

-BB

No, I did not know about this story, not following this Bitcoin business much.

Wonder how many Bitcoins were inadvertently dropped irretrievably in the bit bucket (pun intended) like the above case. That should drive up Bitcoin scarcity, hence its value, but if nobody knows about it, it cannot have any effect.

So many unknowable things in life. And people keep making it more complicated. :)

Well, if one misses out on Bitcoin, there's more coming out. I just saw an article on CryptoKitties, a kind of virtual pets for which people are paying from $23,000 to $113,000. These virtual pets are actually priced in Ethereum, a cryptocurrency, so the above prices are based on Ethereum/dollar exchange ratio.

You can breed these virtual kitties, and they can have different colors. Depending on how other people perceive the beauty or rarity of the kitties, the kitties will command different prices if you want to sell them.

Hurry up. You want the early generation kitties, who are of course fewer.

Equities up 20%

Muni Bonds up 3%

Overall up 17%

15.45%

That doesn't account for Litecoins I bought a few weeks ago. 😊 i got in with $174 invested and it's now worth $748. Once i hit the one comma club I will declare victory and having "won the game " I will sell and buy some toy like a new lense for the Nikon.

Up +19.46% on a 70/30 portfolio.

Here's hoping this keeps up in 2018!

I had to do some rebalancing of our portfolio last week due to the market highs:

Attachments

• expy.jpg
    expy.jpg
    926.8 KB · Views: 65
Personal Capital reports "YourIndex" as *only* 12.4%. AA currently is 58% equities, the rest is cash. My normal AA is 90/10.

I always question folks reporting 20% gains. Its certainly possible, but doubtful in reality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom