2021 Investment Performance Thread

+14.23%
AA: 85/12/3
International stocks are holding me back.

+14.23%
AA: 85/12/3
International stocks are holding me back.

Good observation. ML was managing our investments and they were very heavy into international etfs. They are killing our portfolio but previous years' gains mean that I am not going to sell them in my taxable accounts as they will incur capital gains. Having said that, I am reading that 2022 is the year that we will see huge gains with international stocks. Be patient, and breathe!

Good observation. ML was managing our investments and they were very heavy into international etfs. They are killing our portfolio but previous years' gains mean that I am not going to sell them in my taxable accounts as they will incur capital gains. Having said that, I am reading that 2022 is the year that we will see huge gains with international stocks. Be patient, and breathe!
Is there a particular column or article where you read that? I'm always on the hunt for positive news.
:D

Is there a particular column or article where you read that? I'm always on the hunt for positive news.
:D

Just check the last 8-9 years as every year they write articles about how
the International equities will outperform the US equities. Sometimes being patient costs a lot of money..........

Up 17.9% YTD on a 70/30 AA.
Lagging a bit because I began the year closer to 50/50 and it has fluctuated since then.

11.73% on 50/50. Part of this return is my small aggressive Roth at 63.41% due to GOOGL, TSLA.

+15.04% YTD.
AA = 85/5/10
Our international stocks (funds & ETF's) are doing OK, it was the individual dividend payers & growers in our after-tax account that lagged in October.

BrianB

+16% as of Nov 1 on 60% US / 20% Intl / 20% Bonds

[Edit: In response to the comment below from street -
This post originally said YTD. It has now been corrected to say "as of Nov 1".]

Last edited:
Hubcity >> is that ^ from 11042021?

My John Hancock 401(k): +10.95% year-to-date 20 US Large Cap / 20 US Small Cap / 20 International /40 Bonds. (2020 same mix was 17.65%)
My Vanguard accounts: +11.41% year-to-date 20 US Large Cap / 20 US Small Cap / 20 International /40 Bonds. (2020 same mix was 23.47%)

These last two years have been pretty kind. I'm thankful.

Well, it is the first of the new month, so I took a look. Up 12.65% YTD. Early part of November I was just over 18%. I'm always happy when I'm on the positive side.

Jan 21 + ?? I didn't check whoops
Feb 21 +1.58% after a pull-back
Mar 21 +8.26% Not a bad month but still trailing all 3 major indexes
Apr 21 Not sure what I was at in between jobs didn't have time to mark it down
May 21 +9.3% and hoping to get my 401k contributions going again with a new job and >120 months to ER ignition.
Jun 21 +15% 100% equities. Got an early 40th bday present beating all 3 indices, crossed another milestone. Big party, big presents, big fun! 119months to ER liftoff.
Jul 21 +16.8% Easy update. Still 100% equity portfolio. >118mo to ER.
Aug 21 +21%. Beating all 3 major, DJI,SP500,Nasdaq
Sep 21 +14.5%. the markets giveth, and the markets taketh. Used some dry powder this week
Oct 21 +23% 100% equities. back to all time highs. I might start to build a position in TSLA. Still contemplating. Never too late to the party if the party keeps going!
Nov 21 +22.75% Things are getting a bit volatile now. Omnicron variant, fed taper, supply and labor shortage.

All brave souls to not only LOOK at your portfolio returns after this turbulent November but to post the updated results here! I'm still trying to peek through my fingers (held over my eyes) as November came to a close!
Let's hope December is better for all things (Covid variants, markets, etc.).
Happy Holidays all.

I make myself pull balances the first of every month regardless. Although I won't pull them until tomorrow AM when everything is updated. Not worried, many economic indicators are very sound, this jitteryness was expected IMO.

That time of the month again...

Jan 2021: -0.69% YTD
Feb 2021: +2.06% YTD
Mar 2021: +3.71% YTD
Apr 2021: +8.61% YTD
May 2021: +7.78% YTD
Jun 2021: +9.86% YTD
Jul 2021: +11.90% YTD
Aug 2021: +14.13% YTD
Sep 2021: +9.90% YTD
Oct 2021: +15.17% YTD
Nov 2021: +13.52% YTD

November had started off pretty strong, and I peaked out on 11/16, up 17.51% YTD. Even the day before Thanksgiving, I was up 16.84%. But then, Black Friday was a Bleak Friday, and "Giving" Tuesday lived up to that name, but not in the way I really wanted...

Still, this puts my total invested assets back to roughly August levels, so in the overall scheme of things, not that major.

All brave souls to not only LOOK at your portfolio returns after this turbulent November but to post the updated results here! I'm still trying to peek through my fingers (held over my eyes) as November came to a close!
Let's hope December is better for all things (Covid variants, markets, etc.).
Happy Holidays all.

True, but its still not as bad as last March 2020. I was down 13.5%...but then rebounded 13.5% the very next month.

This too shall pass.
Two steps forwards, one step backwards.
The markets taketh what the markets giveth.

I remind myself that on the down days. Cumalitvely this bear is a chargin!

YTD + 11.60% . Down -3.19% in November....just happy to be up YTD.

+ 17.1 YTD on 70/30, which is only down slightly from last month.
I'm happy with that.

Up 10.5% YTD, all-in on 2/3 equities. My approach to split equities roughly evenly between domestic and international has not been very fruitful lately. Alas, I'm not going to change now, as it would be precisely the wrong time to do it. But 10.5%... lovely...I'll take it. Earlier in November I was up 13.5%, but just giving back some recent gains. Still above August 1st. It's when I look and see that I'm back to a level of many years ago that it's harder to feel good about things...like in March of 2020, I was looking at a level I'd seen 3 years back. Ouch!

Made a big, poorly timed bet on the wrong EV stock so I’m only up 7% Ytd. I knew it was a risky situation but figured it doesn’t make any significant difference to us and it’ll either be a huge boon for the kids or a comparatively small loss that they won’t even know about.

Back
Top Bottom