2022 Investment Performance Thread

Down 6.23%

We are down 6.23% according to our Schwab retirement portfolio as of close of business today. AA is 64/8/27, equities, bonds, cash.
No worries, we shouldn't require funds from the account for years to come.
We are still trying to decide what to do with the cash in the account.

I’m sure I should be reporting this differently, but in my IRA I’m down 7% and in my Vanguard Roth and taxable accounts down 6%. Roughly 85% stocks in those accounts. Though I’ve had money in the stock market for 30 years and have ignored the ups and downs all that time, I concede it makes me really nervous now that I’m turning off the income flow later this year…. Yes, I have three years of cash separate from that, but still….

I'm down almost 12% from my total balance on my IRA since November 2021 my AA is 100% stock. Now I wait and see how long it takes to get back to my original balance from November. So, everyone else is doing super great compared to my results

I just added it up after seeing this thread. I'm down about 7.2% YTD. I was up a bit on January 3, so using that, I'm down about 7.71% from that peak.

YTD: down 7.8% on equities (55% being S&P 500 index), down 1.9% on cash and down 28.5% on crypto. Down 7.4% across the portfolio.

I am truly surprised by the amount of people that I talk to that don't understand that the market doesn't always go one way.

I'm down almost an even 7% since the first of the year. I have end of year capital gains distributions sent to my bank account to be used to pay expenses for the coming year but decided last week to transfer most of it back into my investments for some possible growth after this (continuing) correction.

Don't know and don't care as it is way too early to even think about gains or losses for 2022. I'm still basking in the gains of 2021. It is probably much more useful to look at a 12 month moving average as opposed to YTD stats, especially when we just hit the half way through January period. Just my two centavos, have a great day.

^ true! I know even with it down (I haven't Looked) I know I will be eating good and still have a roof over my head. I really can't ask for more than that and I'm satisfied.
Fun to look but not anything to get excited about for sure.

YTD: down 7.8% on equities (55% being S&P 500 index), down 1.9% on cash and down 28.5% on crypto. Down 7.4% across the portfolio.

I am truly surprised by the amount of people that I talk to that don't understand that the market doesn't always go one way.

How are you down 1.9% on cash?

Investments off 4.8% (AA 74 stock/20 bond/6 cash). Grateful that my play money is in cash while we are on vacation/property hunting.

Crypto is down 22% and has gone from 0.42% to 0.34% of NW.

Funny how this thread started on the 15th and the responses showed an interesting and steady performance decline 6 days later. It was a nasty week. I tend to have an affection for big tech and that love affair is being tested. Anyway i keep about 20% of my stash in cash but my overall performance returns are down just over 5% this month. There has to be a pony under this pile somewhere!

Down about 6.2% NW YTD. So far, I find myself pretty sanguine about the decline. I have some open orders, if thing keep dropping, I can pick up some sales. This is what the market does! :popcorn:

Funny how this thread started on the 15th and the responses showed an interesting and steady performance decline 6 days later.
Made me look at my post from the 16th:

"Up 3.2% (55% equities) - primarily due to energy slant (OKE, KMI,VDE) which has more than offset drop in VTI."

Five trading days later, I'm only up 1.1%. I do plan a bit of buying if the market continues the down trend but other than a specific stock or two, probably won't add much unless the market is down at least 20%.

We are down, but I’m not going to calculate how much. We withdrew our living expenses for 2022 earlier this month, so no need to touch our accounts for the remaining year.
It’s possible this may be the beginning of a market decline. If so, we will get to test our plan and see how we fare.

Nothing to report yet. My cash bucket has 20k or so extra but that certainly won't move the needle. Somebody please wake me up when we're down over 20%. With a LMP plan in place there is still not too much I'll do.

Our portfolio is down 2.4% as of 1/21/2022 with a 35/55/10 (equity/bond/cash) port. We are already in RMD land so this number already includes the first month. Have already pecked at VTI during the dip.

Down about 6.2% NW YTD. So far, I find myself pretty sanguine about the decline. I have some open orders, if thing keep dropping, I can pick up some sales. This is what the market does! :popcorn:

Same here - about feeling sanguine.

Glad I gifted some highly appreciated securities to our DAF in Nov last year which turned out to be near the peak.

I just pretty much sit on my hands, and if it gets bad enough I look for tax loss harvesting opportunities. It’s not anywhere near bad enough yet.

"Feeling sanguine."

The market's basically back to where it was six months ago, so perhaps we haven't felt any significant pain yet. I have accounts with a few different providers, so I only check my complete portfolio every quarter-end. I started the year with 40% in equities and bit too much cash, so I've been investing a bit of it every day. I wouldn't mind getting to 60% equities.

I know I will be eating good and still have a roof over my head. I really can't ask for more than that and I'm satisfied...

I am greedy, and I do ask for more. Like a few sets of wheels, and some booze to wash the food down.

Lemme check. I still have 3 cars and a motorhome. And my booze cabinet still has the 50 bottles of spirit or so from the last time I counted (to make a post on a recent booze thread). I have fewer than 2 dozen bottles on the wine rack.

And as my wife emptied out the freezer of the main fridge for me to replace the defrost heater just now, I counted 5 NY steaks, and numerous other meat and seafood portions. Hmmm... I guess the lamb racks and lamb shanks must be out in the auxiliary fridge in the utility room.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom