2023 Investment Performance Thread

audreyh1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I’m just excited because my retirement portfolio is up 1.6% this first short week! :dance:

(hopefully I didn’t just jinx the year)

I feel so good about the 1% I am up, I'm going to order some of that fancy Tennessee bacon linked in the "bacon" thread to celebrate!:cool:

I guess I was channeling W2R there! :LOL:

But after such a bummer year, Friday’s pop made me feel like partying!

It’s just that during 2022 I think my portfolio was down YTD every time I looked at it. So having it up YTD for once feels like a miracle.

Last edited:
6001, here we come!

I guess I was channeling W2R there! :LOL:

But after such a bummer year, Friday’s pop made me feel like partying!

It looks like the “Wheeeee” baton has been passed [emoji23]

I know it's probably not going to last, and there will be ups and downs in the future, but I was up 2.19% once everything totaled up Friday night. What was that word that Jed Clampett used to say that started with "W" and ended with "-Doggies"? :p

I've basically "made" about half a year's salary just in the first week. It would be nice, if that trend would continue long-term, but I'm not holding my breath.

No, I’m really not trying to jinx anything :angel:>:D

but I’ve already recovered my Jan 3 withdrawal and then some!

Wee Hee. Up 4.12% as of Friday 1/13/2023. Time to buy that Tesla :)

On a more sobering note. Still down 16.19% 1/1/2022 to date. At least it feels nice to have a couple weeks of not losing money.

I am up 4.4% YTD, despite having a stock AA of 63% as of Jan 1st.

And I also forfeited some gains due to writing OTM covered calls that became ITM and got assigned yesterday, making me selling a few $100K of hot stocks below market values. Darn!

I will not mind if the market tumbles down next week, giving me a chance to write puts on the stocks I just lost.

PS. My top 2 stocks: Cleveland-Cliff (CLF) up 30% YTD, and Southern Copper (SCCO) up 25% YTD.

My bottom 2 stocks: Euronav (EURN) down -15% YTD, and Teekay Tankers (TNK) down -9.4% YTD.

Last edited:
My 1/99 portfolio is now where it was a year ago. Great thing is that it is even stronger now, with cash flow from maturities, redemptions, and interest payments I've picked up significantly higher yielding new bonds, CDs, treasuries, etc.

Last edited:
Jan '23: +9.1% with FOMC right around the corner, poised to raise interest rates. Here's hoping the market keeps going up.

Ha ha I won’t know until tomorrow. I have lots of dividends paid on the last day of the month.

But I do know that I was up almost 5% as of last Friday which is amazing to me.

2023 investment performance threads merged

Two more months like this and I can erase 2022.

Back
Top Bottom