A bubble brewing

Good thinking. I saw some episodes on back to living on the land like the pioneer time, a while back, it’s sort of one of my dreams, making alcohol was away they thought to get them some extra income.

It's actually a lot of fun making (and drinking) your own craft beer. I do all-grain brewing which is similar to 'scratch' baking. One way to hone the craft is to do 'clone' brews, i.e. try to match a known commercial craft beer. For example, with supplies in bulk and some other techniques to drive down cost (e.g. propagating yeast) I can make a recipe like a clone of Sierra Nevada Celebration (IPA) for under $0.40/bottle. Even cheaper w/growing hops on your own. I always make this suggestion to new brewers - by trying to match a known good beer, they a) make something they would like to drink (as compared to making up a wacky recipe like chocolate peanut butter toffee stout as their 2nd beer they ever brewed) and b) can see how well their process works in terms of the resulting beer color, taste, mouthfeel, bitterness, carbonation, ...

FTFY. This is why people drawing from a portfolio don't usually have 100% in equities. Retirement Planning 101 IOW.

Certainly. This simply demonstrates a firm grasp of the obvious. No new information.

No, no new information. Just something that people tend to forget, and I do not mean you did.

It's the same as people forgetting that they live in hurricane country. Sure, the sky is clear, and the sea is calm after a hurricane blows through. It's always true, and will remain true. But not everybody still has his home to enjoy the now good weather.

Back
Top Bottom